PDA

View Full Version : Terry is Good 2

tliss
02-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Terry spent all day dropping that Apten-ported Eaton, heat exchanger and t-bars on the beast. It feels pretty damn good. I can't wait to get it to the dyno to see the results.

Terry, thanks again! You are the man.knana

Tom

my2002lightning
02-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Terry spent all day dropping that Apten-ported Eaton, heat exchanger and t-bars on the beast. It feels pretty damn good. I can't wait to get it to the dyno to see the results.

Terry, thanks again! You are the man.knana

Tom
Tom,

Way to go! :tu: Get any side-by-side .jpgs of the blower undersides to get an idea of how much an Apten porting opens up the flow. It would be interesting to see the comparison.
Looking fwd. to tomorrow if we don't get rained out!knana

Ronald

L8 APEX
02-22-2004, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the biz Tom:tu: Apten kindly requests pictures of their design not be posted on the internet. Though it has been closely copied by other vendors now..

tliss
02-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Tom,

Way to go! :tu: Get any side-by-side .jpgs of the blower undersides to get an idea of how much an Apten porting opens up the flow. It would be interesting to see the comparison.
Looking fwd. to tomorrow if we don't get rained out!knana

Ronald
I didn't take my camera, but let's just say it opened it A BUNCH. I would estimate at least double the stock Eaton. I'll play with it a little more on the highway coming down to the pic today, but throttle response seems better, it jumps into boost better, and seems to pull smoother in the lower RPM ranges. Put it this way, it feels better with the Apten and the 2# lower pulley than it did with the stock Eaton and the 4# lower! I can't wait to put the longtubes on so I can put the 4# back on!

Tom

tliss
02-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the biz Tom:tu: Apten kindly requests pictures of their design not be posted on the internet. Though it has been closely copied by other vendors now..
Terry, you are the man! I enjoy wrenching on my truck when I can, but there's only one other person I trust under my hood. You do great meticulous work, and whoever thinks you are overpriced is dead wrong. Every time I've left your shop I've felt like I've gotten one hell of a deal :bows .

Tom

Logan
02-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Terry, you are the man! I enjoy wrenching on my truck when I can, but there's only one other person I trust under my hood. You do great meticulous work, and whoever thinks you are overpriced is dead wrong. Every time I've left your shop I've felt like I've gotten one hell of a deal :bows .

Tom
Terry? Overpriced? HELL NO. I usually end up feeling guilty that I'm not handing him over enough money... Hmmm... Wait a minute, I probably shouldn't of said that.

PoorSvtman
02-22-2004, 12:03 PM
I didn't take my camera, but let's just say it opened it A BUNCH. I would estimate at least double the stock Eaton. I'll play with it a little more on the highway coming down to the pic today, but throttle response seems better, it jumps into boost better, and seems to pull smoother in the lower RPM ranges. Put it this way, it feels better with the Apten and the 2# lower pulley than it did with the stock Eaton and the 4# lower! I can't wait to put the longtubes on so I can put the 4# back on!

Tom

Yea there was a huge difference from the stock eaton compared to the apten port.

By the way nice meeting you Tom :cool: (i was with jeff yesterday)

tliss
02-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Yea there was a huge difference from the stock eaton compared to the apten port.

By the way nice meeting you Tom :cool: (i was with jeff yesterday)
That was you??? Sonuvabich! You should have said something before you left! 9 times out of 10 I know you guys by your screen name more than your real name! It was good meeting you too. Come slap me upside my head and the next meet you come to!

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Tom,

I guess hitting two tracks this week end numbed my brain. I didn't realize you already had the Apten in, when you mentioned it today.

Heck, I would have checked out Terry's work. You know, just to make sure he put everything back together properely:d .

On mine, it seemed as though the boost just kept going up....I darned near let off the gas thinking it would go too high and toss my rods...LOL.

Rocks

StormShadow
02-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Tom,

I guess hitting two tracks this week end numbed my brain. I didn't realize you already had the Apten in, when you mentioned it today.

Heck, I would have checked out Terry's work. You know, just to make sure he put everything back together properely:d .

On mine, it seemed as though the boost just kept going up....I darned near let off the gas thinking it would go too high and toss my rods...LOL.

Rocks
Only 2 tracks? WEAK!