PDA

View Full Version : Ennis tonight?

wesman
06-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Anyone heading out to Ennis tonight?

I'm gonna try to head out there tonight if I can get the pulley installed before then. It's out there cooling down now.....if anyone with some know-how wants to stop by with some pointers you're more than welcome to :twitch:

So wish me luck...I'm going at it in about 45 minutes :banana:

--wes

andy_cain
06-28-2002, 02:38 PM
Hey Wesman:
I would love to go, but finishing up my stereo install today.
My slicks will be here on Monday.
Got my Billet grills installed yesterday (powder coated).
Good luck tonight, post your numbers when you get back.
If the humidity doesn't give in it may turn out to be a pretty chitty night for runs.
Good Luck !!:tu:
Terry may be getting n some Cervinis hoods if you are interested, would look great on your red L...go to cervinis web page, you can see waht it would look like since they did theirs on a red L:tongue:

tliss
06-28-2002, 03:12 PM
A few of us are going. We'll see you there.

Tom

wesman
06-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Well dang...I better get started on that pulley then :)

--wes

andy_cain
06-29-2002, 12:19 AM
Let me know what kinda diff. your Accufab made, mine comes in on Monday with my Bassani, Nitto 555's and keyless door mod.
I have heard the single TB makes about .1 to .2 in the 1/4.
What size pulley and what exhaust are you running?

BigBob
06-29-2002, 01:24 PM
What week nights are Kennedale and Ennis open? Have some new small fronts and Hoosier rears I want to try out while i am visiting D/FW area this week. Already booked for an evening with non-racing friends tonight. I thought I remembered Kennedale being open during the week; mainly want to practice launch and RT.

Sorry, do not expect much from throttle body other than pretty. I have one and would not say it did much for me, even with a 5# pulley. The pulley helped, but did not see much/anything with throttle body.

Thanks

wesman
06-29-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BigBob
What week nights are Kennedale and Ennis open? Have some new small fronts and Hoosier rears I want to try out while i am visiting D/FW area this week. Already booked for an evening with non-racing friends tonight. I thought I remembered Kennedale being open during the week; mainly want to practice launch and RT.

Sorry, do not expect much from throttle body other than pretty. I have one and would not say it did much for me, even with a 5# pulley. The pulley helped, but did not see much/anything with throttle body.

Thanks

Ennis has most of their info on their website

www.texasmotorplex.com (http://www.texasmotorplex.com)

My opinion on the TB is much like your's...I did notice a bit better throttle response though. It might help a bit on the high end too....WOT type runs.....but definitely not a good bang for the buck mod....sure looks cool though...especially BABOLTs :tu:

--wes

tliss
06-29-2002, 04:51 PM
Good meeting up with you wesman! Hope to see you at some of the other events as well!!

Tom

wesman
06-29-2002, 05:30 PM
It was a pleasure meeting you as well. When and where is the Hooters meet on Sunday? May attend that...not sure yet :)

--wes

RedNemesis01
06-29-2002, 07:11 PM
Hey wesman...good to meet you and thanks again for the race. Hooters Frisco...11-3(I believe 3, may be 2)

btw...am going to include here as well as the other Ennis thread.

http://www.kruegerfarms.com/toys/media/L8_Apex_vs_PR-Tuned_HD.MPG (600K)

http://www.kruegerfarms.com/toys/media/tliss_vs_saturn_type-r.MPG (670K)

maybe cya tomorrow
bill

L8 APEX
06-29-2002, 07:21 PM
Gee, guess I should lower my prices so Bill can get a better camera;) :d

RedNemesis01
06-30-2002, 12:22 AM
oh yeah...well, see if I ever edit a video for you again to make it appear like you made a sub-16 second run

L8 APEX
06-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah... Well see if I work on your truck again it only makes sub 16 second runs:D:D:D
Hehe I likes that one. Don't know about the car show tomorrow just going to try and sleep a long time... Later.