PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust is next

scott015
02-23-2004, 11:21 AM
well, im not b.s.'ing you around... this really is one of my next things to do. Im taking eaton off sometime next week and sending it in to get ported, and Iv already ordered a ftvb.... but after all thats said and done, i want my exhaust done...

I already ordered 2 magnaflow high flow cats (got both for $65 shipped)

I currently have dual 40series cat back flowmaster.... my goal is to one day have long tubes, high flows, some sort of mid pipe and basani mufflers...

but I cannot afford the $1600 or whatever for the entire system right now... so here is what I was thinking of doing now until I can afford to go all out...

keep the flowmaster mufflers, cut out the stock 4 cats, install the high flows, and replace my ugly tips with some new shiny 4" tips...

then later on, get the long tubes, mid pipe and basani mufflers...

so, here is my question... can I do this in steps like this? will all the parts matchup with my flowmaster for right now?

and also, is it a BAD idea for any reason to install the high flow cats without the long tubes? Im not looking for power increase, just better sound...

now, like I said, iv got some other stuff going on, and im leaving for Vegas for a week... but this is something I want done soon... probably in about 3+ weeks... just let me know, thanks

L8 APEX
02-23-2004, 08:01 PM
You will loose some bottom end torque with high flow cats unless you run 6#'s or more boost. It will be louder than 4 stock cats though. I can connect it to the Flows and msot likely get better tips on there, just have to see it. Only when you up the boost to around 14-16# does exhasut start to hold you back. Under that level stock is best HP wise.

jcblack
02-24-2004, 07:52 PM
well, im not b.s.'ing you around... this really is one of my next things to do. Im taking eaton off sometime next week and sending it in to get ported, and Iv already ordered a ftvb.... but after all thats said and done, i want my exhaust done...

I already ordered 2 magnaflow high flow cats (got both for $65 shipped)

I currently have dual 40series cat back flowmaster.... my goal is to one day have long tubes, high flows, some sort of mid pipe and basani mufflers...

but I cannot afford the $1600 or whatever for the entire system right now... so here is what I was thinking of doing now until I can afford to go all out...

keep the flowmaster mufflers, cut out the stock 4 cats, install the high flows, and replace my ugly tips with some new shiny 4" tips...

then later on, get the long tubes, mid pipe and basani mufflers...

so, here is my question... can I do this in steps like this? will all the parts matchup with my flowmaster for right now?

and also, is it a BAD idea for any reason to install the high flow cats without the long tubes? Im not looking for power increase, just better sound...

now, like I said, iv got some other stuff going on, and im leaving for Vegas for a week... but this is something I want done soon... probably in about 3+ weeks... just let me know, thanks
Get Magnaflow exhaust too. Forget Bassani. Terry can hook you up.

Nuhklz
02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
What Jacob said :tu:.

02BOLT
02-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey!!! Ain't nary a damn thing wrong with Bassani!....sept it costs $500 more than the Magnaflow set-up.:(

Don't get me wrong, as I LOVE the sound of my Bassani, BUT it doesn't sound $500 bucks better!;)

PoorSvtman
02-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey!!! Ain't nary a damn thing wrong with Bassani!....sept it costs $500 more than the Magnaflow set-up.:(

Don't get me wrong, as I LOVE the sound of my Bassani, BUT it doesn't sound $500 bucks better!;)

Yea it is pricey. I love the sound of bassani but my mufflers are starting to crack and i dont want to pay for new bassani mufflers. So when they fall off the truck ill probly go with magnaflow.

kragle23
02-25-2004, 09:47 AM
I have magnaflow and couldn't be happier. I agree with Rob, I have heard bassani, it sounds good, but not $500 better :D

bobbywade69
02-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Go with magnaflow thats what I got, U heard it at the photo meet, If u want to hear it Scott just let me know and I can stop by!:tu: