PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

scott015
02-23-2004, 11:25 AM
riding home from pic yesterday, i noticed my brakes were sqeeking, not like a real loud squeel... but more like a sqeek that you can hear it "spin" as the wheels move.... but when I pressed the brake, the noise went away...

i figure its the brake pads, right? i just took my wifes jeep liberty in to just brakes and they ripped me off, saying i needed a bunch of crap....springs, etc...

anyway, I want to do it right, but dont really wanna upgrade the rotors and stuff right now... just wanna get the job done so brakes are working properly and not causing future damage...

anyway, what u charge to do all that? i can buy the brake pads if that makes it easier... but not really even sure what to get... so thought i would leave that up to you.... and also, how long in advance do you need and how long would it take?

L8 APEX
02-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Basic shop rate is $125 per end front/rear for turning rotors, pads, and labor. For performance pads like EBC Kevlar add 30 bucks to each end. I am usually two days booked.

dboat
02-23-2004, 09:21 PM
my advice to you is take it to Terry, have him fix it, get the upgraded pads and dont ask questions, pay him with cash... works great every time that way..
Dana

blueoval01
02-23-2004, 09:25 PM
my advice to you is take it to Terry, have him fix it, get the upgraded pads and dont ask questions, pay him with cash... works great every time that way..
Dana Yeppers ....... agreed. :tu: