PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting

Band
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Over the passed few days I have noticed my truck giving a little jerk when I'm stopped.

This has only happened a few times, but would like to know if it sounded familar to anyone so I could look for symptoms of possible drive train issues.

To be a lil more specific; it feels like a car behind me barely rubbs my bumper from the rear. It happens maybe 3-7 seconds after the truck has come to a complete stop. The few times it happened I actually had to check to see if anyone bumped me...but no one was there.

I'm not gonna worry about it just yet. We'll see how bad and consistant it gets..

03'svtlight
02-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Over the passed few days I have noticed my truck giving a little jerk when I'm stopped.

This has only happened a few times, but would like to know if it sounded familar to anyone so I could look for symptoms of possible drive train issues.

To be a lil more specific; it feels like a car behind me barely rubbs my bumper from the rear. It happens maybe 3-7 seconds after the truck has come to a complete stop. The few times it happened I actually had to check to see if anyone bumped me...but no one was there.

I'm not gonna worry about it just yet. We'll see how bad and consistant it gets..
You may have a clogged fuel filter Sayle. The same thing happened to me when I put some octane boost in the tank. How many miles?? I've got 21k miles and I've already put in two new filters. :cool:

Band
02-24-2004, 10:57 AM
You may have a clogged fuel filter Sayle. The same thing happened to me when I put some octane boost in the tank. How many miles?? I've got 21k miles and I've already put in two new filters. :cool:

I have almost 6k miles...

It feels more like a powertrain issue rather than engine...

QIK KAT
02-24-2004, 11:32 AM
I had the same problem with my silverado. It ended up being where i eventually lost my overdrive. took it in to have it fixed and it was the clutch in the converter and a busted sprauge. I would get it checked out as soon as possible.

Band
02-24-2004, 11:48 AM
I had the same problem with my silverado. It ended up being where i eventually lost my overdrive. took it in to have it fixed and it was the clutch in the converter and a busted sprauge. I would get it checked out as soon as possible.

It has only done it a few times. When it becomes consistant I'll try to get it looked at... But I'm afraid to take it to the dealer with the 4x4 tranny pan on there, and traction bars hehe...