PDA

View Full Version : Looking to due a tune/dyno DFW

ND4SPD
02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey guys, Finally got a free up coming weekend and want to get my L dynoed and tuned. I have a superchip that came with the truck and want to get my own tune done and see how everything is running. Where's a good spot in the DFW area. Thanks. ;)

kragle23
02-24-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm curious as well... :beer:

BTW, Paul, my wife is from Breckenridge, and we are in Abilene quite often. I'll keep an eye out!

Kasey

02BOLT
02-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Since you have a Superchip, give Terry at Performance Research a call(check his forum on THIS site). Tell him what you have and he should be able to hook you up with a good file. He should also be able to point you in the direction of a good dyno, so you can see how your truck responds to the tune in terms of HP/TQ and more importantly Air/Fuel Ratio.

Later,
Rob:tu:

ND4SPD
02-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Thanks rob, I'll look into that, so is there a dyno place that anyone in the DFW area that have gone to that they could recomend. :)

Kasey, if your ever in coming to the Abliene area shoot me an email - stang95gts@juno.com - since your wanting to get your L dynoed maybe we could me up and roll together, just a thought. :tu:

gagspa
02-25-2004, 08:23 AM
I used Dallas Mustang with my mustang and was VERY happy with Mike Wilson.

I think that DMann also tunes chips at Speedworks. He is supposed to be really good too, but I have not used him before.

99WhiteBeast
02-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Speedworks in Lewisville has done us right in the past. Last month we went and it was $45 for 3 pulls

Silver_2000
02-25-2004, 09:10 AM
I used Dallas Mustang with my mustang and was VERY happy with Mike Wilson.

I think that DMann also tunes chips at Speedworks. He is supposed to be really good too, but I have not used him before.
Dallas Mustang has HACKED up a couple TALON lightnings in the past - Be careful. They like to destroy blwoer snouts for some reason

Doug

kragle23
02-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Paul,

I up for it! :nana2 Let me know when you want to go. kasey@329designs.com

All I know about Dallas Mustang is that they wanted $100 per hour to dyno tune my truck with the Predator I purchased from them. I was emailing Mike back and forth, and he told me that there is no way that you can email a tune to put on the thing. He said that it could only be done in person. I though, okay, maybe he means "done right" so I asked him and he said that "there is no possible way to send a tune via email, that he had to have the truck there to do anything" I decided to take my business elsewhere, since that was the sole purpose of me buying the thing!

Take it for what its worth, just my experience! :beer:

ND4SPD
02-25-2004, 05:59 PM
kragle23 - sent email... ;)

noszler
02-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Paul,

I up for it! :nana2 Let me know when you want to go. kasey@329designs.com

All I know about Dallas Mustang is that they wanted $100 per hour to dyno tune my truck with the Predator I purchased from them. I was emailing Mike back and forth, and he told me that there is no way that you can email a tune to put on the thing. He said that it could only be done in person. I though, okay, maybe he means "done right" so I asked him and he said that "there is no possible way to send a tune via email, that he had to have the truck there to do anything" I decided to take my business elsewhere, since that was the sole purpose of me buying the thing!

Take it for what its worth, just my experience! :beer:

I said that becasue I do not feel comfortable doing it. Sorry if I did not communicate that to you. Contact me if you would like to further the conversation. Maybe I can work out deals for TALON members.

Mike Wilson

noszler
02-26-2004, 02:24 AM
Dallas Mustang has HACKED up a couple TALON lightnings in the past - Be careful. They like to destroy blwoer snouts for some reason

Doug

Our old tech did mess up a couple of snouts. He is gone and we have a much better tech now.

Mike Wilson

gagspa
02-26-2004, 09:44 AM
I understand how you guys feel. I had enough trouble from Dallas Mustang to swear to never go there again. But when I was doing the Vortech on my Mustang I got into a bind and had no choice. I called up Mike Wilson at DM and he had me come into the shop, burned me a test chip for free, and answered all of my questions. I spent about 2 hours with him and he was not making a dime. His customer service won me back. I decided to dyno tune with Mike because he was there to help when I got in a bind. All through my dyno tune I peppered Mike with questions, concerns, doubts, etc. He answered all of my questions and gave me patient explanations. I am sure that I annoyed the heck out of him! I also spoke with him about the crappy service that I had always received from DM in the past. He told me that they had started to clean up the place and it shows. As long as Mike Wilson is at DM, I will use them for ALL my tuning needs. :tu:

noszler
02-26-2004, 01:34 PM
I understand how you guys feel. I had enough trouble from Dallas Mustang to swear to never go there again. But when I was doing the Vortech on my Mustang I got into a bind and had no choice. I called up Mike Wilson at DM and he had me come into the shop, burned me a test chip for free, and answered all of my questions. I spent about 2 hours with him and he was not making a dime. His customer service won me back. I decided to dyno tune with Mike because he was there to help when I got in a bind. All through my dyno tune I peppered Mike with questions, concerns, doubts, etc. He answered all of my questions and gave me patient explanations. I am sure that I annoyed the heck out of him! I also spoke with him about the crappy service that I had always received from DM in the past. He told me that they had started to clean up the place and it shows. As long as Mike Wilson is at DM, I will use them for ALL my tuning needs. :tu:

Thanks Dee

Mike Wilson

ND4SPD
02-26-2004, 04:48 PM
I said that becasue I do not feel comfortable doing it. Sorry if I did not communicate that to you. Contact me if you would like to further the conversation. Maybe I can work out deals for TALON members.

Mike Wilson

Hey if you could give me any info on DM or any kind of a hook up that would be awsome, I'm looking at going in about a week or so, hopefully kragle23 will be joining me... :D let me know, my email is stang95gts@juno.com if you want to email me.

noszler
02-26-2004, 06:43 PM
E-mail sent.

Wilson

kragle23
02-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Mike,

No problem! It just wasn't feesable at the time for me to pay $100 an hour, and I realize now that it was a comfort factor for you wanting to do the best job possible! I've heard both good and bad things about DM, but nothing but the best about you! :beer:

Hopefully Paul and I can work out something and we can meet!

Thanks,

Kasey

noszler
02-27-2004, 02:14 AM
I will be back at work on Monday. (Recovering from surgery) call or e-mail me then and we WILL work something out.

Wilson
214-349-0991