PDA

View Full Version : new MP blower

STEALTH02
02-27-2004, 01:34 AM
What do you all think about the new Magnum Powers blower? I know the numbers JDM put out were on a built motor, however I feel that a ported blower would offer nearly the same type of results for us that have a stock lower end. Can we port the MP?

03LightningRocks
02-27-2004, 01:39 AM
What do you all think about the new Magnum Powers blower? I know the numbers JDM put out were on a built motor, however I feel that a ported blower would offer nearly the same type of results for us that have a stock lower end. Can we port the MP?

I think that I only saw four of them in that picture. I am wondering about availability...LOL.

It looks like another good option, if you can get one. I will see the JDM folks at FFW...I plan to ask them in person. If they have one available at the show...my credit card may receive another hit.

Rocks:beer:

StormShadow
02-27-2004, 08:11 AM
I think that I only saw four of them in that picture. I am wondering about availability...LOL.

It looks like another good option, if you can get one. I will see the JDM folks at FFW...I plan to ask them in person. If they have one available at the show...my credit card may receive another hit.

If so then I have first dibbs on your Apten.

03'svtlight
02-27-2004, 08:22 AM
I would like to know how much the MP case is since we can use "our" rotor packs. If its not too bad, I'll just buy the case and build it myself. :cool: BTW, uncle Rocks, nephew Stormshadow tells me someone over on f150online has some beef with you. Whats da deal??? :cool:

03'svtlight
02-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Maybe JDM would give us a group buy discount if we purchased 3 or 4 cases?? :cool:

Crawford
02-27-2004, 10:46 AM
LOL! JDM should have thrown in the towel in the blower game a long time ago. For a couple years now they have been delaying over and over on their first blower project before it was scrapped. They constantly lied to customers that it would always be out in 6 weeks and then 6 more weeks etc... Now they have been dancing around this MP blower thing for a few months and still no one really has one. My advise... forget about JDM's sad attempts at putting out an aftermarket blower. You cant trust the bastards anyway. :throw:

STEALTH02
02-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Maybe JDM would give us a group buy discount if we purchased 3 or 4 cases?? :cool:

I'm down with dat! :beer:

tliss
02-27-2004, 10:58 AM
LOL! JDM should have thrown in the towel in the blower game a long time ago. For a couple years now they have been delaying over and over on their first blower project before it was scrapped. They constantly lied to customers that it would always be out in 6 weeks and then 6 more weeks etc... Now they have been dancing around this MP blower thing for a few months and still no one really has one. My advise... forget about JDM's sad attempts at putting out an aftermarket blower. You cant trust the bastards anyway. :throw:
You aren't opinionated at all, are you? Tell us your thoughts on the current presidential race...

JDM has gotten a lot of bad press on the boards, and based on that bad press I will probably never do any business with them. Suffice it to say word of mouth is a powerful thing. And for around $600 you can get your own blower ported and probably get pretty close to the same result. IMO, why bother with the new case on the Magnum Powers blower?

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-27-2004, 11:56 AM
I would like to know how much the MP case is since we can use "our" rotor packs. If its not too bad, I'll just buy the case and build it myself. :cool: BTW, uncle Rocks, nephew Stormshadow tells me someone over on f150online has some beef with you. Whats da deal??? :cool:

Seems the school yard bully wants to throw down on me...LOL. His history seems to show he likes to issue threats to anyone that disagrees with him. He's gunning for Doug too...LOL. I found three or four others he wants to "meet at the track". It must be hard getting any racing in for him, with all the Billy Bad Arse, and all.

Rocksknana

Crawford
02-27-2004, 12:16 PM
You aren't opinionated at all, are you? Tell us your thoughts on the current presidential race...
JDM has gotten a lot of bad press on the boards, and based on that bad press I will probably never do any business with them. Suffice it to say word of mouth is a powerful thing. And for around $600 you can get your own blower ported and probably get pretty close to the same result. IMO, why bother with the new case on the Magnum Powers blower?
TomI can tell you this... all my opinions of JDM come from experience. All the bad press they have gotten they deserve because they constantly bring it on themselves. I dont plan on ever purchasing another JDM product ever again. The only parts left on my truck thats JDM is my line mod and air filter which will be replaced soon. My advise... stay away... far far away.

03LightningRocks
02-27-2004, 12:34 PM
If so then I have first dibbs on your Apten.

We may very well be able to work that out. I am interested in the non-rotor option, so I would need your super charger for the rotors....and just leave the existing rotors in the ported blower to put on your truck.

Let's see what happens when I talk to them in Orlando. As Crawford pointed out, sometimes Jim comes up with this stuff, and then has a problem with supply.

Rocks:tu:

03'svtlight
02-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Seems the school yard bully wants to throw down on me...LOL. His history seems to show he likes to issue threats to anyone that disagrees with him. He's gunning for Doug too...LOL. I found three or four others he wants to "meet at the track". It must be hard getting any racing in for him, with all the Billy Bad Arse, and all.

Rocksknana
wish I could've read what he said.

Silver_2000
02-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Counter point...

My truck has lot sof JDM parts.. and a JDM tune.

I have 73,000 miles on the stock block. 50,000 or more with 4# of boost, and I have run as fast as 12.28 on the 4# pulley .....

Yes he has issues with telling people what they want to hear and announcing products before they are near ready... BUT he blows up very few motors.

For comparison - The predator stock tunes blew up another one this morning...

Doug

Mark #2
02-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Okay,

I'll throw in my .02. I have lots of mods on my truck and many from JDM. Quality is always good.
Electric fan is a very nice unit.
Interchangable lower is also a nice unit.
My JDM chip tuned for a 90maf and 4 or 6 pulley is so good it has been in a few trucks and will likely attend FFW in a infamous truck.

A few parting comments,
They typically ship 1 to 2 weeks later than commited, and you will be missing some of the order(examples: bolts, wiring harness, L-bracket), but usually they will overnight the missing stuff next day.

Conclusion: I use them. None of these suppliers are ISO-9000 shops, so set your expectations realistically.

Mark

blueoval01
02-27-2004, 07:11 PM
:eek2: 'bout time we heard from the local TALON engineer. :tu:

Welcome back, Mark. How's China these days? :rolleyes:

Mark #2
02-27-2004, 07:20 PM
:eek2: 'bout time we heard from the local TALON engineer. :tu:

Welcome back, Mark. How's China these days? :rolleyes:
I've been back for a while, but let's just say that there is a reason that SARS started there. I'm hiring a PRC citizen into my group so I don't have to go there anymore.
Mark

03LightningRocks
02-27-2004, 08:11 PM
For comparison - The predator stock tunes blew up another one this morning...

Doug

You have got to be sh!tt!n me. Before the predator was released, I was told by more than a few folks in the loop, that this was going to happen. Maybe the room to make changes is too large for the average truck owner. 17 degrees and 12.5 A/F maybe goes BOOM!!!!!

Rocks:(

03LightningRocks
02-27-2004, 08:19 PM
"Meanwhile, Back at the ranch"

If I understood what I was told, at Ennis by Jim last year, the Magnumpowers blower will perform similar to the Kenne Bell up to 18lbs of boost.

The part about "boost" that gets lost in all the fan fair, is that 18lbs of boost is going to give different performance out of different blowers. For instance....18lbs out of the Kenne Bell or Magnumpowers will yield higher H.P. than 18lbs out of an Apten Ported.

Rocks

Badcarma
02-27-2004, 11:54 PM
ALL my parts are JDM, and I've never had aproblem YET:cool: , and I also run in the 12.30 ish area with a #4 pounder. Also curious about the new blower.

Scott:burnout:

dboat
02-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Who duh thunk that we could have a JDM bashing thread on Talon? :rolleyes:

I do know that I got my microtuner from him, but only because he kept promising it to Terry and he never got it. Not Terry's fault but when I ordered it from him, it came..

He drives more opinions than any other tuner and no one is usually on the fence with the guy. You either like em or hate em.. reminds me of the Cowboys.

Anyway, he does have a lot of success in getting performance out of trucks, his critics are usually related to lack of performance in the delivery of goods on a timely basis. In other words, his operations performance isnt up to snuff on occassion. And it seems to me, IMHO, from what I have read is that he gets a little too aggressive with promise dates on the delivery of new products. But I havent read too many threads with people blowing up their truck.

I am surprised that we havent bashed Sal or Terry yet.. :evil

Dana

03LightningRocks
02-28-2004, 05:13 AM

Careful guys, this will turn into F150online......so, anyone else have an opinion on the Magnum Powers blower?

To attempt an answer on your second question. I don't know this to be fact, but I can't seem to come up with any reason it could not be ported.
I believe I read a post somewhere mentioning that Apten was already working on Kenne Bell, so why not do a Magnum Powers porting?

Rocks

dboat
02-28-2004, 05:32 AM
Careful guys, this will turn into F150online......so, anyone else have an opinion on the Magnum Powers blower?

To attempt an answer on your second question. I don't know this to be fact, but I can't seem to come up with any reason it could not be ported.
I believe I read a post somewhere mentioning that Apten was already working on Kenne Bell, so why not do a Magnum Powers porting?

Rocks

Hey Slick Stud, what the Heck are you doing up this early? :eek2:
Dana

03LightningRocks
02-28-2004, 05:38 AM
Hey Slick Stud, what the Heck are you doing up this early? :eek2:
Dana
One could ask you the same question...LOL. I have problems sleeping at times. The Doc gives me meds to help, but I don't like taking that sh!t. It makes my mind cloudy during the day...and if I quit taking it I get grumpy. It's easier to just deal with no sleep.

It looks like you and I saw the thread going the same way.....another JDM opinion thread. Now we have hijacked it for off topic purposes...I wonder which is worse?

Back on topic...if he has one without rotors at Orlando next week...that bitch is mine...LOL.

dboat
02-28-2004, 07:27 AM
One could ask you the same question...LOL. I have problems sleeping at times. The Doc gives me meds to help, but I don't like taking that sh!t. It makes my mind cloudy during the day...and if I quit taking it I get grumpy. It's easier to just deal with no sleep.

It looks like you and I saw the thread going the same way.....another JDM opinion thread. Now we have hijacked it for off topic purposes...I wonder which is worse?

Back on topic...if he has one without rotors at Orlando next week...that bitch is mine...LOL.

do the occasional Nyquil or Benadryl.. works for me

99WhiteBeast
02-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Conclusion: I use them. None of these suppliers are ISO-9000 shops, so set your expectations realistically.
Mark

Just means they are documenting their processes not that they are putting a quality product or service out.

"If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it garanteed, i will, i've got spare time"-Tommy Boy:evil

03LightningRocks
02-28-2004, 04:46 PM
"If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it garanteed, i will, i've got spare time"-Tommy Boy:evil

:rll: