PDA

View Full Version : What is needed for a day at the drag strip?

True Blue Aggie
02-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Seems like a pretty basic question, but I have done numerous searches and have only been able to put together limited knowledge on what is needed. I'm running stock (for the time being) and figure I do not need much to run at most tracks.
Any advice? Is Ennis tough on there helmet rules? When do you need a driveshaft loop?
Questions are simple, but I am just trying to feed the search engine...

tliss
02-27-2004, 08:02 PM
If you run:

13.99 and under you'll need a helmet
12.99 and under (on on slicks with any time) you'll need a drive shaft loop
11.99 and under you need a full cage and fire suit

Ennis has never been too bad about the helmet thing, but they will remind you and they will kick you off if you violate too many times. It's just good practice to wear a helmet.

All you need for a track day is you, your truck, and your helmet...maybe your tire pressure gauge as well. If you have slicks, bring them, along with a 4-way, jack, and some gloves. Bring a cooler full of beer for after racing and you're all set!

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-27-2004, 08:30 PM
I can tell you they don't give on any of the rules. The first pass is a warning...the second pass they will tell you to pack it up.

Please don't attempt a third if your told to get. They have some respect for the L's that show up out there due to us not giving them any sh!t. I sure would hate to see them start copping an attitude on us.

Rocks:beer:

Aggie Mom
02-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Great.... more sh*t to worry about. Perhaps you should have "invoked the code of silence" on this one so your mom wouldn't see it. :mad:

Just be careful.

03LightningRocks
02-27-2004, 08:53 PM
Great.... more sh*t to worry about. Perhaps you should have "invoked the code of silence" on this one so your mom wouldn't see it. :mad:

Just be careful.

:rll: ......................Busted!!!!

L8 APEX
02-27-2004, 10:06 PM

Just be careful.Don't worry Mom he won't go too fast, and if he does I will be your son:banana:

StormShadow
02-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Seems like a pretty basic question, but I have done numerous searches and have only been able to put together limited knowledge on what is needed. I'm running stock (for the time being) and figure I do not need much to run at most tracks.
Any advice? Is Ennis tough on there helmet rules? When do you need a driveshaft loop?
Questions are simple, but I am just trying to feed the search engine...
Come to the track with us sometime. We have everything already, so if you forget something you can borrow it and then know to bring it next time. :tu:

blueoval01
02-27-2004, 10:24 PM

Just be careful. What she said .....

Yep, you blew it Mike. When Mom knows, there's no excuses allowed. :nono:

Helmet = Yes!
DS Loop = Yes - The 2 piece loop bolts right on to the frame without dropping the DS. And the cost is much less than Mom driving up here to kick you a$$.

True Blue Aggie
02-27-2004, 10:49 PM
She's just angry because the first (and last time) she drove the 260 Z we had for the strip (back in the early 90's), she got busted by the Round Rock po-lice....
But we can laugh about that now, right?!?!?:rll:

Aggie Mom
02-28-2004, 12:01 AM
She's just angry because the first (and last time) she drove the 260 Z we had for the strip (back in the early 90's), she got busted by the Round Rock po-lice....
But we can laugh about that now, right?!?!?:rll:

I plead the fifth...... :evil