PDA

View Full Version : Time to Put Up

03LightningRocks
02-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Alright fella's. Several in the Talon club like to race. What do ya'll think of getting together and kicking some butt as a group?

Check out this thread http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=38663#post38663

I think it would be fun. I would not be able to make all the events, but I bet I could make some of them in between the FFW schedule.

Maybe we can talk Ken into helping us hook up something for a Talon Team.

Rocks:nana2

Band
02-28-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm game.. :nana2

03'svtlight
02-28-2004, 10:55 PM
That should be fun. When/where?? Need to do a couple of more things to the ol'girl. :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-28-2004, 11:02 PM
That should be fun. When/where?? Need to do a couple of more things to the ol'girl. :cool:

It is alot of fun. I went to a couple events with Ken's group last year. The way it is set up, you end up getting at least 3 passes in even if you get eliminated.

Then you get to hang with the buds and do some BBQ.

Rocks

L1nt2B
02-28-2004, 11:18 PM
I would like to be on the TALON team. The truck is almost fully race ready. Terry will get his hands on it next week to add to the arsenal. So put me down on the list. :nana2

03LightningRocks
02-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Alright....Sal and Tim checking in too.

By the way, I don't believe it has to be Lightning only for a club. So if there are any Harley, mustang or others that want to get involved...speak up!!! Even Mauraders are welcomed...hint,hint.

The racing is bracket and devided into classes, so you can choose your class and dial in at each event. Everyone does not have to run in the same class.

Sixpipes
02-29-2004, 01:30 AM
I'm interested too. :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Alright Adam......I know your watching...:d .

StormShadow
02-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Alright Adam......I know your watching...:d .
I'm N.

PoorSvtman
02-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Im in but i dont have the money flow to go out and race all the time. :(

I need a helmet, slicks, t-bars, bigger pulley and money to get those things :hammer:

StormShadow
02-29-2004, 07:04 PM

I need a helmet, slicks, t-bars, bigger pulley and money to get those things :hammer:
You can borrow my helmet when I'm not using it.

cpeapea
02-29-2004, 07:29 PM
as soon as i get her back together im in, as long as i dont have to travel too far

03LightningRocks
02-29-2004, 09:54 PM

Mike,

The only thing on that list you need is the helmet. It is a bracket style racing, so it is consistancy that wins...not speed.

You race in the class your truck runs closest to.

Rocks:tu:

PoorSvtman
02-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Mike,

The only thing on that list you need is the helmet. It is a bracket style racing, so it is consistancy that wins...not speed.

You race in the class your truck runs closest to.

Rocks:tu:

:tu: I can drag but have never actually done bracket style or anything so im still learing. So you guys can help me out at the track :hammer: .

Im also marking all the ones i can probly get to in my calender as i type

03LightningRocks
02-29-2004, 11:17 PM
:tu: I can drag but have never actually done bracket style or anything so im still learing. So you guys can help me out at the track :hammer: .

Im also marking all the ones i can probly get to in my calender as i type
You bet we can help!!!! Bracket racing evens out the check books a bit.

You will enjoy it. There is actually more skill involved in bracket racing than a heads up competition...IMHO.

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
02-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Well Dennis,

All we need now is a captain.....I nominate you:d .

Band
02-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Well Dennis,

All we need now is a captain.....I nominate you:d .

I nominate anyone BUT me :confused:

03LightningRocks
02-29-2004, 11:34 PM
We should all get together for a lunch meeting about this. If we are going to make this happen...someone should call the name that Ken posted, but we really need everyone to be sure they want to do this. It is a commitment of sorts.

Rocks

Sixpipes
03-01-2004, 08:57 AM
I'm leaving town and won't be back until March 12. I still plan on racing in Kennedale on March 14. Best thing to do is show up Kennedale and see what happens. I will call this Dillinger guy and see if there is anything that needs to be done before the opening round. Your commitment will only extend to the races you sign up for, but I will be providing a trophy to the top points guy from the club at year's end. :cool:

StormShadow
03-01-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm leaving town and won't be back until March 12. I still plan on racing in Kennedale on March 14. Best thing to do is show up Kennedale and see what happens. I will call this Dillinger guy and see if there is anything that needs to be done before the opening round. Your commitment will only extend to the races you sign up for, but I will be providing a trophy to the top points guy from the club at year's end. :cool:
Cap'n Ron

03LightningRocks
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Cap'n Ron

I have a similar problem to Dennis. I am leaving Wed. morning but will be back in time to race at Kennedale.

I have not had time to look at the schedule and see which ones I can make. I am sure I can make several of them.

Thanks for voluntering to call, Dennis.

I remember Kens group keeping track of the score each week. We will need some assistance with some of this.

Like Dennis said, the commitment part is only for the events you sign up to be at.

For now, I guess we wait to hear from Dennis. But I plan to be there.

L1nt2B
03-01-2004, 09:33 PM
so when and where is the lunch/meeting? I'm sure we probably do need a Capitan and assistant to be the voice of the group but who can commit to all of the races? Oh yes and team shirts would be cool!

StormShadow
03-01-2004, 09:38 PM
so when and where is the lunch/meeting? I'm sure we probably do need a Capitan and assistant to be the voice of the group but who can commit to all of the races? Oh yes and team shirts would be cool!
Yea, I was thinking that too. Team shirts would be gangsta.

03LightningRocks
03-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey,

I am leaving for Florida 1st thing in the morning. I won't have much net access that I know of. I'll be back on Wed. Does anyone know if Dennis got ahold of the fellow that sets the teams?

It might be a good idea for those that are doing this to get together this week, or at least call each other and get this thing rolling.

Rocks

Sixpipes
03-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Ron,

I tried to give the TMCC guy a call today, but the number Ken provided referenced another number which says it is no longer working. I am going to contact him through the TMCC website. I have my laptop with me so I'll stay on it and post when I get in touch with him. Took this picture on the grounds of Shell Chemical in Geismar, LA. Staying in Gulfport, MS tonight. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-670S-med.JPG

03LightningRocks
03-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Ron,

I tried to give the TMCC guy a call today, but the number Ken provided referenced another number which says it is no longer working. I am going to contact him through the TMCC website. I have my laptop with me so I'll stay on it and post when I get in touch with him. Took this picture on the grounds of Shell Chemical in Geismar, LA. Staying in Gulfport, MS tonight. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-670S-med.JPG
Great picture Dennis. We may see ya on the road tomorrow...LOL.

Thanks for keeping up with this TMCC.....I have to get one of those fancy new fangled wireless duedads like Doug has.

my2002lightning
03-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Ron,

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-670S-med.JPGDennis,

Nice .jpeg!:tu:

Louisiana does have some pretty country-side. Seeing the "mud-bug" fields and alligators was pretty cool.

Swimming in the Gulf at Holly Beach, LA. and taking the college truck on the ferry ride back to the far-side of the shipping channel and on to Houston and then to DFW was an experience.

Good times!

Ronald

L1nt2B
03-03-2004, 09:51 PM
OK who is in charge here? Lets not drop this one cause it will be too much fun fun fun!

Sixpipes
03-03-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm still working on it so plan on showing up in Kennedale on March 14. :nana2

Sixpipes
03-04-2004, 08:58 PM
I heard from Ron (TMCC Ron) today. We are all set for March 14. The only thing you need to do is add a "TN" after the number you are assigned at the gate upon entry to the Kennedale facility. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif

Read the rules.

http://www.tmccc.org/rules.html (http://www.tmccc.org/rules.html)

L1nt2B
03-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Way cool! :nana2 Is anyone working on shirts?

03LightningRocks
03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Way cool! :nana2 Is anyone working on shirts?
This will be fun. I am bringing my grille and some burgers and hot dogs for all that show. Even if you don't think you want to race...come out anyway and support the playa's.

Ronald!!!!!!! It's time to make a man of that truck. I'll put you on the list.
How about a list of who's showing. We need to stick with this, guys and gals;) :nana2

Ron

bobbywade69
03-08-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm also in for some azz kicking!knana