PDA

View Full Version : '04 Fog Light mod

Sandman
03-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Ok, so I've done some research on the fog light mod. Most say that it is harmless. Has anybody tried it on an '04? Are there any differences from the previous years? If I splice the wires to allow the fog lights to come on with the park lamps, this should increase the loads on the parking lamp wires. Should there be any negative effects of this?

Thanks,

Andy

TXBLU
03-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Ok, so I've done some research on the fog light mod. Most say that it is harmless. Has anybody tried it on an '04? Are there any differences from the previous years? If I splice the wires to allow the fog lights to come on with the park lamps, this should increase the loads on the parking lamp wires. Should there be any negative effects of this?

Thanks,

Andy
I performed the headlight switch mod to my truck shortly after buying it two years ago. The mod is detailed in f-150online if I remember it right. I have had no problems with mine, except for rock damage to the lenses. I found replacement light housings from a link on blueovalnews.com for $48.00 each. I will be dropping them off to a friend of mine that runs a plastics company so he can make some covers for them that will protect them. He thinks he can make optically clear, ballistic grade covers that will let the heat get out. I will post the results of our little project as soon as the covers are finished and tested. This might be something we can all use.

Eric

02BOLT
03-01-2004, 08:38 PM
We did this to my '02 over a year and a half ago, and have had NO problems to date.:tu: You should be fine.