PDA

View Full Version : TIP to remove tire burn out rubber on L

ND4SPD
03-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Anyone have a good tip to remove all the tire burn out rubber that gets all over the rear of the truck. Thanks!

Gonzo
03-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Anyone have a good tip to remove all the tire burn out rubber that gets all over the rear of the truck. Thanks!

Spray it with Castrol Super Clean and let it sit 5 minutes or so, spray again and let sit another 5 minutes. Find your putty knife. Repeat as needed. Rinse very well -- TWICE.

Now that you have the wheel wells and inside of your ground effects clean, get a couple of cans of Turtle Wax Bug & Tar in the YELLOW AEROSOL CAN and a couple of rolls of shop towels and attack the rubber on your paint.

Figure on about 2 hours work per side

L1nt2B
03-02-2004, 08:51 AM
The best offense is a good defense, Keep the paint polished and waxed, use tire dressing on fender wells and clean up will be a breeze

Crawford
03-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Mark#2 showed me a good solution. Before you run at the track spray the fenders down with PAM. None of the rubber will stick, you can just wash it all off with a hose. It works great!

As far a getting very thick rubber off after the fact I think we found that Simple Green and wet towels was the best solution there.

98Cobra
03-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Mark#2 showed me a good solution. Before you run at the track spray the fenders down with PAM. None of the rubber will stick, you can just wash it all off with a hose. It works great!

As far a getting very thick rubber off after the fact I think we found that Simple Green and wet towels was the best solution there.
Similiar, I have seen people use masking tape on their car - just peel the tape off and you are clean!

I used Bug and Tar remover last time. Worked well, but messy.

gagspa
03-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Pam works great! It also works well in keeping bugs from sticking on a long trip. It will look like crap when you get there, but just hose it down and no more bugs/rubber.