PDA

View Full Version : Hello

BILLMAN
03-05-2004, 11:37 PM
:confused: Hey everyone I am a new Lightning owner and stumbled on this site looking for info for my truck. I have Red 2000 with a 2001 motor in it. Looking for fairly inexpensive ways to make it faster. I am sure there is an enormous amount of experience on this site. It is amazing what they can make trucks do these days. Any help would be appreciated.

Band
03-06-2004, 12:52 AM
:confused: Hey everyone I am a new Lightning owner and stumbled on this site looking for info for my truck. I have Red 2000 with a 2001 motor in it. Looking for fairly inexpensive ways to make it faster. I am sure there is an enormous amount of experience on this site. It is amazing what they can make trucks do these days. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome and Congrats!

I don't know about inexpensive, and don't know how much faster you want to go... But typical mods that peeps start out with are:

Open air filter
Tuning - programmer/chip reburn
Pulley
Exhaust
Shift kit - no speed gain, but feels real good :tu:

In no specific order.

You can get some real good deals if you can find these parts used. But that may take some patience :nono:

I have only had my lightning a few months, so the above is just a beginners analysis, but learning quick!

Good luck with your research!

Silver_2000
03-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Welcome

Like Sayle said the cheapest way is to but a part that some one is selling to upgrade....

Search here- Come to a meeting - meet the guys at the track when they go - you'll get TONS of info ...

Terry at PR ( a suport ing vendor here ) is a great resource as well..

Doug

PoorSvtman
03-06-2004, 01:08 PM
welcome to TALON Billy :beer:

BILLMAN
03-07-2004, 05:57 PM
:beer: Thanks for the welcome. I will try and get to one of the meetings soon. Also out to the track to see where this thing stands.

03'svtlight
03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
:beer:

PoorSvtman
03-07-2004, 11:33 PM
:beer: Thanks for the welcome. I will try and get to one of the meetings soon. Also out to the track to see where this thing stands.

Come out to kennedale with us this upcoming sunday. The first tmcc event is sunday and a few of us are heading out there.

REXRENEGADE
03-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Bro I got two words for you when it comes to getting mods for the L - Performance Research. Call Terry he will give you the best advice and deal on anything related to modding a Lightning.
:beer: