PDA

View Full Version : 2 Q's eletric door locks & factory head unit...

kirkmears
03-06-2004, 11:46 AM
greetings all...

hope everyone is out enjoying this weekend (dont miss the F1 race:d saturday night...)

electric door locks:

my passenger door lock has been giving me intermittent problems for a couple of months by not full unlocking or locking. after hitting the drivers side button a couple of times, it does the job. now, all of a sudden, the drivers electric lock no longer functions at all. nada. not even a flinch. the passenger side is still doing the same thing. is this most likely the actuator or the switch? there is an ever so slight possibility that just before the drivers side lock messed up, the switch might have received a couple of rain drops.:hammer: i will be replacing the troubled part(s) myself when i go to replace my factory speakers with some infinity kappas:tu: , so any tips would be appreciated.

factory head unit:
does the factory head unit have preamps out? (if) do most people replace the factory with a single din, 1.5 din or a den and an eq? im looking at playing mp3 from dvd. ideas?

muchos gracias

dboat
03-06-2004, 07:15 PM
greetings all...

hope everyone is out enjoying this weekend (dont miss the F1 race:d saturday night...)

electric door locks:

my passenger door lock has been giving me intermittent problems for a couple of months by not full unlocking or locking. after hitting the drivers side button a couple of times, it does the job. now, all of a sudden, the drivers electric lock no longer functions at all. nada. not even a flinch. the passenger side is still doing the same thing. is this most likely the actuator or the switch? there is an ever so slight possibility that just before the drivers side lock messed up, the switch might have received a couple of rain drops.:hammer: i will be replacing the troubled part(s) myself when i go to replace my factory speakers with some infinity kappas:tu: , so any tips would be appreciated.

factory head unit:
does the factory head unit have preamps out? (if) do most people replace the factory with a single din, 1.5 din or a den and an eq? im looking at playing mp3 from dvd. ideas?

muchos gracias

If I remember right, there arent any pre-amps on the stock head unit. They had to splice in on my harness. I upgraded to a Mustang Mach unit that plays MP3's and still controls the CD 6pack unit behind the passenger seat.
Good luck on your upgrade mods...
Dana