PDA

View Full Version : Orlando FFW

Sixpipes
03-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Has anyone heard from Ron. He didn't show for Tuff Truck qualifying today. It was 87 degrees and times were prettty slow. I qualified with Mark #2's loaner chip. My dial will be 12.95 for elimination rounds tomorrow. I ran Street Ford today and broke out off-the-gas crossing the line. But I had a good excuse............................................ ..............

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-004F-med.JPG

.....I was on crack. :D

Sixpipes
03-06-2004, 09:19 PM
A few more shots from Flats Man's camera. :cool: http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-012F-med.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-008F-med.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-006F-med.JPG

my2002lightning
03-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Has anyone heard from Ron. He didn't show for Tuff Truck qualifying today. It was 87 degrees and times were prettty slow. I qualified with Mark #2's loaner chip. My dial will be 12.95 for elimination rounds tomorrow. I ran Street Ford today and broke out off-the-gas crossing the line. But I had a good excuse............................................ ..............

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8MVC-004F-med.JPG

.....I was on crack. :D
Someone's "commando" :bows :eek2:

02BOLT
03-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Was he there on Friday? I talked to him on Wednesday morning as he was heading out. I hope everything's O.K.:confused:

Sixpipes
03-07-2004, 07:15 AM
I didn't make it to the track on Friday so I haven't seen him at all. Paul Gamino says he saw a Lightning with a TALON sticker on the back window at the Hilton on Friday, but he didn't show yesterday. :confused:

StormShadow
03-07-2004, 09:56 AM
I didn't make it to the track on Friday so I haven't seen him at all. Paul Gamino says he saw a Lightning with a TALON sticker on the back window at the Hilton on Friday, but he didn't show yesterday. :confused:
Ron doesn't have a Talon sticker on his truck unless he just put it on. Has anyone tried to call him?

MrsMy2002Lightning
03-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey guys ... Has anyone heard from him yet?

Mark #2
03-07-2004, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Sixpipes]Has anyone heard from Ron. He didn't show for Tuff Truck qualifying today. It was 87 degrees and times were prettty slow. I qualified with Mark #2's loaner chip. My dial will be 12.95 for elimination rounds tomorrow. I ran Street Ford today and broke out off-the-gas crossing the line. But I had a good excuse............................................ ..............

Hope Ron is okay.

Wow, I guess this makes WWFB Go Rila's "Tuner".
Dennis, which program are you running?

Mark

MrsMy2002Lightning
03-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I hope he's ok too. :( That's an awful long time to not hear from him isn't it? Doesn't he post almost every day? Does anyone know where he lives or has anyone gone to his house?

my2002lightning
03-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Ron,

Check in and/or call some of us! I hope it's some fine FL. "tail" holding you up! knana

TALON wouldn't be the same for me without you bustin' my chops for this-and-that daily. :D

Ronald

Band
03-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Ron did post last week that he will not be on the boards while he is gone..

But no one hearing from him is kinda strange...

02BOLT
03-07-2004, 02:16 PM
I just talked to Ron and he WAS there on Saturday, and said Dennis was only a few trucks down from him. I guess Dennis just missed him. At any rate...It's ALL GOOD!. Ron did unfortunately, get eliminated in the first round however:(, and is presently on his way back to Texas.

I'm sure he'll post up about the experience when he gets back.

Later,
Rob:)

02BOLT
03-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Furthermore, Ron just called me back and said that Dennis had ADVANCED to the 2nd round of eliminations.:beer: Keep it up Dennis! Goodluck in your future rounds!:tu:

MrsMy2002Lightning
03-07-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm glad Ron is ok. :)

StormShadow
03-07-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm glad Ron is ok. :)
I also talked to Ron this morning at about 10am.

Mark #2
03-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Furthermore, Ron just called me back and said that Dennis had ADVANCED to the 2nd round of eliminations.:beer: Keep it up Dennis! Goodluck in your future rounds!:tu:

Dennis congrats, must be that special WWFB chip, but I doubt it,
Dennis is very good on the dial in, and tree, but I did beat him once I think.:)
Mark

Sixpipes
03-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Well, I did run in to Ron this morning in staging. He said he saw me yesterday. Guess that's why I didn't see him. :tongue: Anyway, we visited a little bit. He got put out by a Gen I guy from Miami that had a .536 reaction time. I managed to beat Vinnie (F-150online fame) in the first round. We both had bad, but equal lights (.620 vs .624) and I managed to break out less than he did. Probably one of those races we both deserved to lose, but someone had to win. I got put out by Don Justice in the second round (I'm now 0-3 against him) after he hit a .504 light against my .557.

Don't know how things turned out cause we left before the third round. Did find this in the stands though. :D

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8dolly.jpg

Flats Man
03-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Guys, That race between Dennis and Vinnie was real wierd or something! I don't think that Go_rila likes red trucks at all! Especially with flames! In almost all of Sixpipes time trials he was running like 13.03 to 13.06 and was dialed in at 12.95 for eliminations. Vinnie was putting down some real fast times in the low 12's. I thought Vinnie would catch Go_rila at about mid track and then drive past him for the win but Go_rila saw that Red Truck with those flames coming at him and just went nuts and ran a 12.68 I think! It never ran that again in any of the other runs, not even close. The moral of this story is that if you have a Red flaming truck, you better not try to sneak up behind Go_rila!

03LightningRocks
03-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey All,

First, I want it to be known that Dennis was giving me the cold shoulder Saturday:tongue: . He walked by me about 3 times and just turned his head the other way.....:twitch: .

As he said, we hooked up Sunday. Sorry ya didn't get into the third round Dennis, Looks like we didn't do Talon so proud. We can make up for it in Atlanta. I have a couple tricks figured out....I am going to start kicking some Yankee arse...LOL.

See everyone Sunday....BE THERE DAMMIT!!!!!....I am making burgers and Dogs for everyone.

Rocks

Sixpipes
03-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Well, for the record, the guy that put me out won the FFW Orlando event. That's two in a row (Ennis/Orlando). He ran a 12.33 on a 12.33 dial with a .566 reaction time in the final against JDM. :cool: