PDA

View Full Version : Traction bars install

STEALTH02
03-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Can anyone give me an estimate on how much time this takes to install? I just got some JLP bars and wonder since I've never done this before if I should just have someone install them for me. By the way JLP sent me the wrong instructions (they were for an electric fan install) :rolleyes: I did install the FTVB this Friday and it's great :tu:

tliss
03-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Can anyone give me an estimate on how much time this takes to install? I just got some JLP bars and wonder since I've never done this before if I should just have someone install them for me. By the way JLP sent me the wrong instructions (they were for an electric fan install) :rolleyes: I did install the FTVB this Friday and it's great :tu:
Depends on the type of bars, I guess. I have Rancho bars on mine and Terry (L8 APEX) installed them. I would say it took about two hours or so to get them on, but the hardest part is drilling the holes in the frame (Terry continued to b#tch at me the whole time he did it). If they are Truk Tracks or some other slapper bar, those should just bolt right up in about half an hour or so.

If you have Metcos or some other type of bar, I have no idea.

Tom

Band
03-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Depends on the type of bars, I guess. I have Rancho bars on mine and Terry (L8 APEX) installed them. I would say it took about two hours or so to get them on, but the hardest part is drilling the holes in the frame (Terry continued to b#tch at me the whole time he did it). If they are Truk Tracks or some other slapper bar, those should just bolt right up in about half an hour or so.

If you have Metcos or some other type of bar, I have no idea.

Tom

Are to trying to say Metco Track Link? spit it out! :D

Mark #2
03-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Can anyone give me an estimate on how much time this takes to install? I just got some JLP bars and wonder since I've never done this before if I should just have someone install them for me. By the way JLP sent me the wrong instructions (they were for an electric fan install) :rolleyes: I did install the FTVB this Friday and it's great :tu:If you did the FTVB yourself, you can probably do the bars. Drilling the holes is the tough part, on the WWFB scale it was a 24 pack.