PDA

View Full Version : Talon Race Club List for Kennedale

03LightningRocks
03-08-2004, 06:57 PM
I will make the list here. We need all the help we can get. So come on guys, lets all get together and kick some butt Sunday.

1) Dennis - Popeye
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystle
9) Ronald & Elaine
10) Steve
11) Mikehttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
12) Curtis
13) Michael
14) Jeff
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrinflip.gif

StormShadow
03-08-2004, 07:32 PM
I will make the list here. We need all the help we can get. So come on guys, lets all get together and kick some butt Sunday.

1) Dennis
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystal
9) Ronald & Elane
10) Steve
:d
Mike, how come your name isn't on here?
Whassup wit it.

PoorSvtman
03-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Mike, how come your name isn't on here?
Whassup wit it.

Dunno. I said id be there.

iBut im not sure totaly positive if ill be there. My pinion seal on the rear end decided to start leaking and Terry is probly going to fix it saturday. Ill know if ill be there on friday (payday) :rolleyes:

tliss
03-08-2004, 08:25 PM

1) Dennis
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystal
9) Ronald & Elane
10) Steve
:d
You mean Ronald is going to get his happy ass out on the track?? :eek2: I need to go out and party more often....I just have altered the time-space continuum or something.

I am out for this Sunday. I doubt I'll have the chip back and dyno'd by then. I sure as hell do not want to blow 15# of boost into the engine without augmenting the tune a little bit. Maybe next go around.

Tom

03LightningRocks
03-08-2004, 08:40 PM

1) Dennis - Popeye
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystle
9) Ronald & Elaine
10) Steve
12) Curtis
13) Michael
14) Jeff

Sixpipes
03-08-2004, 08:47 PM
I edited the list. I'm giving Go_rila the weekend off. Popeye is scheduled to lose his virginity on Sunday. :tongue:

PoorSvtman
03-08-2004, 08:50 PM

1) Dennis - Popeye
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystle
9) Ronald & Elaine
10) Steve
11)Mike:D

:tu: knana

03LightningRocks
03-08-2004, 09:19 PM
I edited the list. I'm giving Go_rila the weekend off. Popeye is scheduled to lose his virginity on Sunday. :tongue:

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way.....if ya see me are you gonna say hello this time:rll:

True Blue Aggie
03-08-2004, 09:30 PM
So what do you need to race out there, using a stock truck? This is probably the best weekend for me to finally get my butt out to the track also....

Sixpipes
03-08-2004, 10:06 PM
WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way.....if ya see me are you gonna say hello this time:rll:
Unless you're shacking up with the yanks again. :evil

PoorSvtman
03-08-2004, 10:24 PM
So what do you need to race out there, using a stock truck? This is probably the best weekend for me to finally get my butt out to the track also....

Just your truck and you and anything else you might need. I get away with no helmet with my high 8.4 passes. But i plan on getting one in the next month or so.

my2002lightning
03-08-2004, 10:30 PM
You mean Ronald is going to get his happy ass out on the track?? :eek2: I need to go out and party more often....I just have altered the time-space continuum or something.

TomTom,

"Momma" said it's OK for a dyno but the 1/4 is "under discussion".:tu: :D (Translation: Cuss' and DISCUSS):d

I tried to explain that it's no different than this:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/317317MOV00877.mpeg

Ronald

tliss
03-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Tom,

"Momma" said it's OK for a dyno but the 1/4 is "under discussion".:tu: :D (Translation: Cuss' and DISCUSS):d

I tried to explain that it's no different than this!:

Ronald
To quote Coach Klein from my favorite movie, The Waterboy, "My momma didn't want me to get a tatoo of Roy Orbison....but what momma don't know won't hurt her." :d

Tom

03'svtlight
03-08-2004, 10:42 PM
:cool:

03'svtlight
03-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm ready to kick some arse. Truck is feelin' good. I'm kick arse on the tree also. Kinda confusing though, Ennis is on LED, while I think Kennedale is still on analog. :rolleyes:

03LightningRocks
03-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Tom,

I tried to explain that it's no different than this:

Ronald

Yeah..........I have been trying to put the word in for ya VIA email. She's a real hard case.:hammer: ......:d .

It's only the 1/8th and I have yet to see anyone crash a stock vehicle at the track. It is more risk going down central at rush hour.

Come on out Ronald....show her who is boss, before it's too late.:evil

Rocks:nana2

99WhiteBeast
03-09-2004, 12:29 AM
What time does the program and general shanagins start?

Can you race in one class one series (track) and race another class at the next track?

Ronald- tell her Red we be representing

03LightningRocks
03-09-2004, 01:28 AM
What time does the program and general shanagins start?

Can you race in one class one series (track) and race another class at the next track?

Ronald- tell her Red we be representing

I am not sure on the exact time it all starts. Yes you can race different classes at each event.....:tu:

The websight gives a gates open time....but the actual racing starts later. Maybe Ken or Avalanche can shed some light.

REXRENEGADE
03-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I plan on meeting up with you guys (and ladies) for some TIRE ROASTING. I have never been to the track at Kennedale before, so any advice you have for me will be welcomed.

Curtis J.
:tu:

my2002lightning
03-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Negotiations are "ongoing". :D

My only reservation is that in a worst-case-scenario situtation, if I DID goof something up on the L at the track, insurance won't cover it and I'd be hearing "I told you so!" until the day I take that long dirt-nap.:d

Now, I speed like crazy on the Dallas North Toll-Way and all over between TX/OK. with no incidents and have a blast doing it! :burnout:

We'll see.

Ronald

tliss
03-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Negotiations are "ongoing". :D

My only reservation is that in a worst-case-scenario situtation, if I DID goof something up on the L at the track, insurance won't cover it and I'd be hearing "I told you so!" until the day I take that long dirt-nap.:d

Now, I speed like crazy on the Dallas North Toll-Way and all over between TX/OK. with no incidents and have a blast doing it! :burnout:

We'll see.

Ronald
If you can launch it on the road you can launch it at the track. If you break the tires loose, step off the gas until they stick and plant the gas pedal again. Mostly it's common sense. You'll be fine. I know of no Lightning owner that has ever wrecked his Lightning in the 1/8th.

Tom

03'svtlight
03-09-2004, 01:00 PM
If you can launch it on the road you can launch it at the track. If you break the tires loose, step off the gas until they stick and plant the gas pedal again. Mostly it's common sense. You'll be fine. I know of no Lightning owner that has ever wrecked his Lightning in the 1/8th.

Tom
hehe true dat :cool:

True Blue Aggie
03-09-2004, 01:29 PM
I know of no Lightning owner that has ever wrecked his Lightning in the 1/8th. FAMOUS LAST WORDS.....:D

my2002lightning
03-09-2004, 03:14 PM
FAMOUS LAST WORDS.....:D
Michael,

Who's side you on ANYWAY?!? :D

You must be on Elaine's payroll by the looks of things.:nono: :d

Ronald

True Blue Aggie
03-09-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm on your side....Think of it like this, you only have one woman giving you grief over going to the strip. I have two...Aggie Mom and Mrs.TrueBlueAggie...and I am still going.

tliss
03-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm on your side....Think of it like this, you only have one woman giving you grief over going to the strip. I have two...Aggie Mom and Mrs.TrueBlueAggie...and I am still going.
Ronald, you been donkey punched now, boy!!! :D :rll:

Tom

my2002lightning
03-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Ronald, you been donkey punched now, boy!!! :D :rll:

TomTom/Michael,

I don't know about the STRICT interpretation of the D.P. phrase :D , but, I pitch and don't "catch" around this homestead! :d

Mom/Dad didn't speak with me for almost a month when I told them what I traded my '00 Ext. Cab 5.4 L. Lariat in for back in OH. They were TORQUED! :flaming: In their mind, if an '02 L will DO 140 mph, Ronald will do it and hurt himself. (I can hear Mom now). I haven't done anywhere NEAR it and the parent's are seeing now that I'm responsible.

I'm wanting to prove the parent's wrong, BUT have fun and see what the L can do. I'm very close with my parent's as Elaine is, as well.

Ronald

03LightningRocks
03-09-2004, 07:07 PM

1) Dennis - Popeye
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystle
9) Ronald & Elaine
10) Steve
12) Curtis
13) Michael
14) Jeff

True Blue Aggie
03-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Ron,

Go ahead and count me in.

Ronald, if you want we can meet Sun. and run down there together....

Oh, and you should have heard the reaction from Aggie Mom when I bought the L. She had some big statement that she was disappointed that I bought it, and that I was married now and should have done the responsible thing.....and then she goes and gets one. You could not pry the keys out of her cold dead hands now, she loves it so much.

99WhiteBeast
03-09-2004, 07:24 PM

1) Dennis - Popeye
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystle
9) Ronald & Elaine
10) Steve
11)Mike:D
12) Curtis
Add Jeff to the list

03LightningRocks
03-09-2004, 07:40 PM

1) Dennis - Popeye
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystle
9) Ronald & Elaine
10) Steve
11) Mike:banned
12) Curtis
13) Michael
14) Jeff

If you are not on the list and are going....speak up.

03LightningRocks
03-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Ronald....it's too late to back out now. You are already on the list. Now throw some water on your crotch...and grow a pair.

See ya at the track. Quit the stupid arse street racing crap before you get yourself killed. The track is designed to handle cars going 150+ MPH...you aren't going to wreck doing 85...

I have already bought the meat. To back out now would be a considerable insult and I am afraid it would then be pistols at 50 paces.

Rocks:beer:

blueoval01
03-09-2004, 07:56 PM

Oh, and you should have heard the reaction from Aggie Mom when I bought the L. She had some big statement that she was disappointed that I bought it, and that I was married now and should have done the responsible thing.....and then she goes and gets one. You could not pry the keys out of her cold dead hands now, she loves it so much. Mom's are like that :d

03LightningRocks
03-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone, I am bringing my grille, hamburger and hot dogs and buns. Folks will need to bring an appetite and their own drinks.

03'svtlight
03-09-2004, 09:32 PM
It looks like RaIn is gonna play a role in our little get together sun.80% chance of rain right now. :flaming: Just have to wait and see. Gotta run, watchin' TOPMODELS. Tara Banks has my permission to tie me up anytime :eek2: :eek2: :bows

PoorSvtman
03-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Im not going to be there. But i promise everyone ill be at the next one.

Also if anyone is getting rid of a racing helmet i might be interested. Just pm me.

03LightningRocks
03-09-2004, 10:02 PM

1) Dennis - Popeye
2) Ron
3) Tim
4) Bobby
5) Trai
6) Adam
7) Sayle
8) Krystle
9) Ronald & Elaine
10) Steve
12) Curtis
13) Michael
14) Jeff

If you are not on the list and are going....speak up.

Sandman
03-09-2004, 10:32 PM
I really wish I could go. But, its the wife's B-day Sunday. We'll be doing whatever she wants to do.Hopefully I'll be there next time.

L1nt2B
03-09-2004, 10:39 PM
OK lets not start useing the R word :nono:

03'svtlight
03-09-2004, 11:37 PM
who are we racing BTW????

03LightningRocks
03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
who are we racing BTW????

It's kind of a pot luck deal. There will be clubs there from all over the place. Everyone runs against everyone.

PoorSvtman
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM

:crying: :postwhore :d

03'svtlight
03-10-2004, 01:06 PM
It's kind of a pot luck deal. There will be clubs there from all over the place. Everyone runs against everyone.

Yeh, Rocks. The sun. when we where all there I noticed the "rich kid" beemer crowd. :eek2: Never seen that many $60-70k M3's in my life. About 10-15 of them, about half conv. :eek2: They only run 9's in the 1/8 so what fun is that?? :Bullshit

True Blue Aggie
03-10-2004, 01:37 PM
I just checked the event calendar, and I was not sure which event we were all going to be at? The Muscle Car Challenge in the morning, or the Street Wars weekly event in the evening?

Also, dumb question here but is this dial-in bracket racing, or is this straight up street racing with no dial-in? Sounds dumb, but I cannot find anywhere on the website where it says.....

99WhiteBeast
03-10-2004, 02:04 PM
I just checked the event calendar, and I was not sure which event we were all going to be at? The Muscle Car Challenge in the morning, or the Street Wars weekly event in the evening?

Also, dumb question here but is this dial-in bracket racing, or is this straight up street racing with no dial-in? Sounds dumb, but I cannot find anywhere on the website where it says.....Its the Muscle Car Challenge starting at 9am. This is a dial-in bracket racing event.
1. You pick a class to run in based upon your ESTIMATED times or what your truck will run. Classes are usually grouped by a full second 12.00-12.99, 13.00-13.99...etc
2. Make a few passes (time trials) to get an ideal of what to dial
3. They will either set your dial based upon your TT times or you set- usually a .10 more
4. You want to run your dial time or slower- if you go faster (under your dial) you "break out" and lose even though you may have beat the guy next to you in ET
5. Usually the tree is handicapped-meaning if you run someone that is 3 seconds faster than you your light will trigger 3 seconds ahead of his. So in theory if everthing is equal you cross the line at the same time.

In bracket racing the fastest truck is not always the winner- the key is consistently running your time (dial) and working the tree

Band
03-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Do they let you run once before trials start?

I did some mods and don't have any idea what I should dial :confused:

03'svtlight
03-10-2004, 02:24 PM
So let me get this straight,we are bracket racing sun?? :rolleyes:

True Blue Aggie
03-10-2004, 02:53 PM
I know the info on bracket racing, but I appreciate the info anyways. I will most definitely be in the 13.00-13.99 class. But I do plan to abuse everyone on the tree and take home some (hopefully) cash.....

BTW, anyone know if this is for cash, or trophies?
:D

Aggie Mom
03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Ron,

You could not pry the keys out of her cold dead hands now, she loves it so much.

.... you're outta the will. :evil :rll: Terry, can you say MOM? :d

blueoval01
03-10-2004, 07:57 PM
.... you're outta the will. :evil :rll: Terry, can you say MOM? :d Terry?? He can say anything you want him to say on THIS subject!! :evil
:rll::rll::rll:

True Blue Aggie
03-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Trust me, there is no will. And if there is, it will burn down in the house with her.....:evil :evil :evil :evil

Love ya mom....

03'svtlight
03-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Definitely rain on sun. :mad: No doubt about it. :flaming: :crying: I guess I'll just but my DR's(thanks 02BOLT)on today and go to Kennedale fri.night. :cool:

Band
03-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Definitely rain on sun. :mad: No doubt about it. :flaming: :crying: I guess I'll just but my DR's(thanks 02BOLT)on today and go to Kennedale fri.night. :cool:

Not all that bad, I was gonna have to cancel as well.. Still have not recieved my custom tune..

03LightningRocks
03-11-2004, 10:39 AM
I'm still holding out some hope. The weather changes so quick around here, it could be 100 degrees Sunday:d .

Obviously, we can't run if it does rain. Does the event get rescheduled or what? I know I'm not going to pay an admission fee so they can keep my money and give me some damned rain check. I guess we will play it one day at a time.

Rocks:crying:

bobbywade69
03-11-2004, 10:41 AM
The way it usuall goes if it rain late the night before they will be closed and if it rains that day at anytime it will be closed!

03LightningRocks
03-11-2004, 10:46 AM
The way it usuall goes if it rain late the night before they will be closed and if it rains that day at anytime it will be closed!

Thanks Bobby...........do you know what the event organizers do in a case of rain? Is it rescheduled or just cancelled?

bobbywade69
03-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Kennedale usually cancels there events! But sometimes in a blue mooms reschedules them!

03'svtlight
03-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Not all that bad, I was gonna have to cancel as well.. Still have not recieved my custom tune..
BTW, Band I talked to Rene@GranatelliMotorsports concerning "custom" tunes. You might need to call him. He was very enlightening about this. He said that this really an overrated topic because the stock tune is really outstanding.

03'svtlight
03-11-2004, 11:40 AM
The only time problems arrise is when trucks up north run the "winter" formula gasoline. Thats when the pinging comes into play. I can attest to this. I have had absolutey NO pinging what so ever. I think before you drop cash for it, you should at least put it on the dyno first. Thats what I did and based on what Rene told me, unless you are very radical with your mods (ex.,built motor,KB, things as such), theres is NO need for a custom tune. All that a tuner could do is take alittle base timing out, but thats something YOU can do yourself. You can pull it back as much as 15deg. WOT. He also said the stock fuel map is pretty darned good in its on write. Just my .02 :tu:

Sixpipes
03-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks Bobby...........do you know what the event organizers do in a case of rain? Is it rescheduled or just cancelled?
Ron,

This is from the TMCC website.

Q: What happens if the event is rained out or track problems interrupt the program and it cannot be finished that day?

A: The Committee and track personnel will schedule a rain date later in the season to finish the race. If the race is interrupted during eliminations, it will pick up where it left off at the time of the interruption. Information on make-up races will be posted on the website http://home.att.net/~racerx88/tmccc.htm.

Band
03-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Turns out, I just recieved my custom tune.. Looks like I only have the rain to worry about...

03LightningRocks
03-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Ron,

This is from the TMCC website.

Q: What happens if the event is rained out or track problems interrupt the program and it cannot be finished that day?

A: The Committee and track personnel will schedule a rain date later in the season to finish the race. If the race is interrupted during eliminations, it will pick up where it left off at the time of the interruption. Information on make-up races will be posted on the website http://home.att.net/~racerx88/tmccc.htm.

Thanks Dennis,

That's the info I needed. So I guess we are on a wait and see plan.
I don't hear everyone praying!!!!!!!!! What's the deal here?:bs

Rocks:bows

03LightningRocks
03-11-2004, 05:48 PM
The only time problems arrise is when trucks up north run the "winter" formula gasoline. Thats when the pinging comes into play. I can attest to this. I have had absolutey NO pinging what so ever. I think before you drop cash for it, you should at least put it on the dyno first. Thats what I did and based on what Rene told me, unless you are very radical with your mods (ex.,built motor,KB, things as such), theres is NO need for a custom tune. All that a tuner could do is take alittle base timing out, but thats something YOU can do yourself. You can pull it back as much as 15deg. WOT. He also said the stock fuel map is pretty darned good in its on write. Just my .02 :tu:

That is very correct information. Sayle thinks he heard detonation witha predator tune. I was standing 50 yards away from him as he went by at the big end of the track....NO DETONATION!!!!!!!!!!!! Relax Sayle, your way to young to be having these kinds of phobias. Someone bring a can of bb's to the track for Sayle, so he can hear what he did not hear before.:hammer:

Rocks:tu:

Krystle
03-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks Dennis,

That's the info I needed. So I guess we are on a wait and see plan.
I don't hear everyone praying!!!!!!!!! What's the deal here?:bs

Rocks:bows
The weather situation has already changed since this morning..

I checked the weather at 8 and it said rain was in the forcast for Saturday. But I just checked it not 5 minutes ago and NOW it said that it will be sunny Saturday but still raining Sunday..

Hopefully the rain will move to Monday!!:D

Oh.. And I am prayin!!

Band
03-11-2004, 05:57 PM
I vote for rain on Monday.. :nana2

03LightningRocks
03-11-2004, 05:58 PM
The weather situation has already changed since this morning..

I checked the weather at 8 and it said rain was in the forcast for Saturday. But I just checked it not 5 minutes ago and NOW it said that it will be sunny Saturday but still raining Sunday..

Hopefully the rain will move to Monday!!:D

Oh.. And I am prayin!!
You are my kind of woman. Optimistic to the bitter end.:bows I think I am falling in love:evil .

Rocksknana

03'svtlight
03-11-2004, 07:33 PM
You are my kind of woman. Optimistic to the bitter end.:bows I think I am falling in love:evil .

Rocksknana
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

StormShadow
03-11-2004, 07:34 PM

RocksknanaShe might be too young for you Ron, but I hear her mom wants to meet you.

:twitch:

03'svtlight
03-11-2004, 07:37 PM
She might be too young for you Ron, but I hear her mom wants to meet you.

:twitch:
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

Avalanche
03-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Sorry guys been out of touch for a while. The gates open at 9:00 a.m. time trials usually start about 9:45 or 10:00. The final runs are usually done around 5:30 or 6:00 in the evening. I don't know now with you guys coming out and running. It will be good to see MORE L's running. Last year it was just Ken and myself. Don't worry we represented very well. Oh yea I forgot Ron ran with us twice I think. He really likes the 1/8 (or so he says):rll: . I look forward to a little L vs L action out there.

Oh yea one tip I could share with you if you want it. When you line up try and not line up next to your teammate. This will only reduce your changes of advancing to the next round. They are usually pretty good about not pairing up people from the same club but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

On the time trials you get two passes, so make the best of them. If you have slicks bring them. Kennadale is very picky about the helments also. If you run slicks or are faster than 8.5 you need to have a helment. If not you might get lucky and they won't say anything but they might. You only get one warning.

When you get there if you guys want you can camp with our club we have a tent and lots of good fun (mostly at Kens funny hair).

Sorry so long just wanted to get the info out to you guys.

See Ya at the track.

Brent:beer:

Krystle
03-11-2004, 09:13 PM

Rocksknana
:rll: :rll: That is to funny!! Im flattered!! :D

And Adam. Shhhhh.. You should have kept that on the DL...:twitch:

03LightningRocks
03-12-2004, 04:08 PM
:rll: :rll: That is to funny!! Im flattered!! :D

And Adam. Shhhhh.. You should have kept that on the DL...:twitch:

So.....let's hear more about Mom....does she have an L?:d

Rocks:evil

03'svtlight
03-12-2004, 04:31 PM

I hear mom is nice :twitch: .

03LightningRocks
03-12-2004, 08:01 PM
There is still hope folks. They are easing out of their rain promise. There may be racing after all.

Sunday: Windy with morning showers. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.

Rockshttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/banana2.gif

StormShadow
03-12-2004, 10:22 PM

No L , I think they are double D's. :bows ( o Y o )

03LightningRocks
03-12-2004, 10:55 PM

That is so superficial. When are you going to see women for more than just sex objects? You need to grow up. I am so disapointed in you.

Besides, mom may be reading this.

Rocks:D

StormShadow
03-12-2004, 11:00 PM
That is so superficial. When are you going to see women for more than just sex objects? You need to grow up. I am so disapointed in you.

Besides, mom may be reading this.

Rocks:D
Huh. I read this post but it just doesn't sink in for some reason. It doesn't make any sence. Women more than sex objects? Did you bump your head? :D

03'svtlight
03-13-2004, 01:06 AM
:eek2: :eek2: :bows :bows

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Here is the latest weather call. What does everyone think. We will look like a bunch of idiots if we don't show and the event doesn't get called off!

Ken or Avalanche, what is your club going to do???

Tomorrow: Overcast with rain showers at times. High 61F. Winds N at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Rocks:confused:

Band
03-13-2004, 11:10 AM
I'll go... if it rains it rains...

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 11:17 AM
I'll go... if it rains it rains...

I was thinking about the same thing.

I may hold off on the grill for this one. It would suck to buy a sh!t load of burgers and set up the grill for a rain out.

That's two of us that are die hards.....how about everyone else?

Rocks

03'svtlight
03-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Ken and Brent called yesterday and said they were gonna be there with there umbrellas if they had too. For me, I'm do for a tune-up. Gonna try a set of those new autolite AR103 sparkplugs. Afterwards,go and bolt on the DR's :banana:. I wasn't aware until Brent told me all of this is Sunday morning :mad: . I'll try and make it. :tu:

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Ken and Brent called yesterday and said they were gonna be there with there umbrellas if they had too. For me, I'm do for a tune-up. Gonna try a set of those new autolite AR103 sparkplugs. Afterwards,go and bolt on the DR's :banana:. I wasn't aware until Brent told me all of this is Sunday morning :mad: . I'll try and make it. :tu:

Now look, Young Buck, You where already on the "be there for sure list". Don't chicken out now because of Sayles new times:d . You can race in the slower bracket:evil .

Rocksknana

Band
03-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Now look, Young Buck, You where already on the "be there for sure list". Don't chicken out now because of Sayles new times:d . You can race in the slower bracket:evil .

Rocksknana

ROFLMAO!
:rll: :rll: :rll:

StormShadow
03-13-2004, 11:46 AM
ROFLMAO!
:rll: :rll: :rll:
I'll be there.

Sixpipes
03-13-2004, 11:53 AM
It would suck to buy a sh!t load of burgers..............

Rocks
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM There's nothing like a good ole sh!tburger prepared at the track. :cool:

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 11:59 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM There's nothing like a good ole sh!tburger prepared at the track. :cool:

OK.....then the sh!tburgers are back on. It was actually going to be road kill, that I gathered up on the way back from Florida last week. But I left it all in the back of my truck by accident and it went bad.

I guess we will have to settle for regular hamburgers and hot dogs.

Rocks

True Blue Aggie
03-13-2004, 02:25 PM
I am still in on this. I will also bring out a ice chest full of drinks for everyone...

If we run, are there money prizes determined yet?

03'svtlight
03-13-2004, 03:37 PM

Rocksknana
:rll: :rll: :rll: Thats funny Uncle Rocks, I'll be 33 next sunday and my daughter is already calling me old. :confused: I guess it just depends on whos saying it. :cool:

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 04:33 PM
:rll: :rll: :rll: Thats funny Uncle Rocks, I'll be 33 next sunday and my daughter is already calling me old. :confused: I guess it just depends on whos saying it. :cool:

Damn, you just made me feel old:eek2: . Well, I only have 10 years on you, so I am not sure if you qualify as, "young buck", or not...LOL.

Can I get someone to call me young buck? How about you Dennis? I think your older than me....aren't you????

So you'll be there...right????

Rocks:d

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 04:37 PM
I am still in on this. I will also bring out a ice chest full of drinks for everyone...

Drinks will be great.....I just got back from the store. I've got Dogs....burgers...buns...tomatoes...onions....cond iments...paper plates....bag of ruffles...bag of doritoes....and cheese.

If someone has a small folding table....it might help for sitting stuff on it.

my2002lightning
03-13-2004, 04:46 PM

Michael,

I'd like to road-trip over with you to Kennedale and hang with you, Ron and the others, but that cut in the right-rear F1 tread/sidewall is losing 5-7 psi overnight and I'm having to garage it until Mon/Tue for the new tires.

I might have to put on the hooptie spare if it gets worse. :(

Have fun!

Ronald

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 04:55 PM
The weather is looking better all the time. Here is the latest report. Notice the rain was for all day before. Now it is morning chance only and the percent has dropped to 50 from the original 80.

The weather people are trying figure out how to say they screwed up without admitting the were wrong......watch....it won't rain at all.

Ronald.....I have my front wheels and tires sitting in the garage. You are welcome to borrow one or both of them to get you by for the track and a couple days until you get your new tires.

Either way....I'm glad to hear your coming out. If your not racing.....bring your apron. we will need a grill man so I can run my passes.

Edit*******Heck, I may have misread your post. I was thinking you were talking about riding out with Michael. Howard is taking my Lariat out so we can hall the grill in it. Ride out with us if your not riding with Michael.....or like I said...we can put a couple 03 wheels on your truck and you will pick up 3 tenths...LOL. Let me know Ronald...so we can leave early enough to swing by and get you.

I am thinking about letting Howard run my Lariat....I just need to find out if there is a limit on how slow a vehicle can be. It's about a 17 second truck.

my2002lightning
03-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Ron,

Thanks alot for your offer of tires/rims! I appreciate it. :bows

Let me speak with Elaine about our plans for tomorrow - she's taking a nap now. This weekends been sorta' crazy with wedding "junk" going on as the plan is for both sets of parent's to hit town next weekend.

Yep, you'll probably need a grill-man and a camera guy out there covering the action! We might have to ride shot-gun with the caravan down there.

Count us in as a possible - I'll have to see.

Ronald

Band
03-13-2004, 06:01 PM
I have 5 3x3 folding card tables and a few chairs... But transport will not likely happen in the back of my truck :nono:

What time do we need to arrive there? I would like to convoy with someone in north dallas...

L1nt2B
03-13-2004, 06:22 PM
OK where/what time are we meeting to convoy out? I dont know where I am going so I need to follow someone

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 06:46 PM
I have 5 3x3 folding card tables and a few chairs... But transport will not likely happen in the back of my truck :nono:

What time do we need to arrive there? I would like to convoy with someone in north dallas...
Shoot, I don't think we need 5 tables. I was just thinking one to sit the condiments, tomatoes and such on. I bet everyone can bring there own folding chairs or just sit on their tailgate to eat.

If ya can just bring one 3x3 it would work.....LOL...this is starting to sound like a picnic more than a race....If any of you guys want to bring your better half...bring them. I promise to only mac on them when your not standing there....I am honorable that way. It's a boy scout thing.:evil

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 06:49 PM
OK where/what time are we meeting to convoy out? I dont know where I am going so I need to follow someone

What area of Dallas are you in. Wewill be hitting Ronalds at around 7:30. Then we can swing your way, so you can hook on to the rear:d .

Band
03-13-2004, 06:59 PM
What area of Dallas are you in. Wewill be hitting Ronalds at around 7:30. Then we can swing your way, so you can hook on to the rear:d .

Aight, I'll bring a table...

L1nt2B
03-13-2004, 07:15 PM
OK there is a Mc Donald's on NW Highway & loop 12 I will be there @ 8am how does that sound

03'svtlight
03-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Damn, you just made me feel old:eek2: . Well, I only have 10 years on you, so I am not sure if you qualify as, "young buck", or not...LOL.

Can I get someone to call me young buck? How about you Dennis? I think your older than me....aren't you????

So you'll be there...right????

Rocks:d
The boss says I can go right after she gets off of me. :eek2:

03'svtlight
03-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey I'm in d'ville so what time will the "convoy" pass by on I20?? BTW, this threads has 1000 views!!!! :rll: Has anybody talked to Terry?? He needs to at least make a guest appearance. :cool:

Sixpipes
03-13-2004, 08:40 PM
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

The TMCC event scheduled for tomorrow morning has been rescheduled for next Sunday, March 21. Kennedale will still try to have their street wars program for tomorrow afternoon/night, but the TMCC event has been pushed to next Sunday. :cool:

Band
03-13-2004, 08:45 PM

The TMCC event scheduled for tomorrow morning has been rescheduled for next Sunday, March 21. Kennedale will still try to have their street wars program for tomorrow afternoon/night, but the TMCC event has been pushed to next Sunday. :cool:

Dang, I canceled kickboxing front row seats to go to bed early :nono:

Thanks for info, atleast I can still sleep in....

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 09:30 PM

Well Dennis..............THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got off the phone with Sayle. I was loading up 10lbs of burgers and 5 lbs of hot dogs...LOL. It's in the deep freezer now.

I suppose it will be just as much fun next week end. I guess it would be nice if everyone that reads this makes sure the others are aware of the cancellation.

After the smoke blows over, I will start a new thread for who's going next Sunday.

Rocks:vomit:

03'svtlight
03-13-2004, 10:43 PM
The Rain will pass by noon. I'll be at there by 4:30. :cool:

Avalanche
03-14-2004, 12:01 AM
They have postponed the race until the 21st. That is next Sunday. It is on there website. Check it out.

http://www.texasraceway.com/pops/sinfor.asp

03'svtlight
03-14-2004, 01:05 AM
wondering if they will be open in the evening :confused:

03LightningRocks
03-14-2004, 01:41 AM
wondering if they will be open in the evening :confused:

I don't know what is happening in Kennedale, but it has been raining like a bitch here.

Rocks

True Blue Aggie
03-14-2004, 01:46 PM
So is anyone going to be at the afternoon race? Will there even be an afternoon race????

03'svtlight
03-14-2004, 02:58 PM
I think I'm gonna ride out there. :nana2 Tuning up the truck as we speak. I'll be there around 4:30. :D

99WhiteBeast
03-14-2004, 03:27 PM
The Sun is out and it is dry in SW Arlington. We're thinking of going out even though its the instant green street wars type of event- there will be plenty of rice out there:nono:

True Blue Aggie
03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Easliy a 1 hour drive? Is it worth it for street wars against the Uncle Ben's Instant???

Band
03-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Is the track open?

True Blue Aggie
03-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Just called...Track opens at 5:00

Band
03-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Just called...Track opens at 5:00

sweet, I might just cruise out there..