PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a new chip

scott015
03-13-2004, 10:30 AM
I currently have a autologic chip programed by PSP. As some of you have read, after installing the ported eaton, my truck just doesnt feel the same, im pretty sure it has to do with the program. ANyway, iv been emailing and calling PSP for a week now with no response... its crazy and making me mad. So im thinking of buying someone elses old superchip off ebay or on one of the other lightning websites....

superchip is the one that Terry can program right? That just seems alot more reasonable to me for him to be local. (even though he doesnt like me.. lol)

anyway, my question is... what should I look for... are there newer versions or anything thats better than another? will they all work on a 2000 Lightning?

scott015
03-13-2004, 10:33 AM
for instance... i found both these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2466578331

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597&item=2464586059

Band
03-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah, terry can tune superchips...

StormShadow
03-13-2004, 10:50 AM
superchip is the one that Terry can program right? That just seems alot more reasonable to me for him to be local. (even though he doesnt like me.. lol)

Why don't you PM him, Buy the chip from him, and let him program it for you.

03LightningRocks
03-13-2004, 12:09 PM

Why don't you PM him, Buy the chip from him, and let him program it for you.

Exactly............the bargain basement shopping is going to catch up with you. Your port job is looking to be a good example of this.

Rocks:tu:

scott015
03-13-2004, 12:12 PM
ya i think you are right as far as the chip goes... i dont want to buy some fried chip.... but in the port's defense... its an excellent job... he told me he has an apten and he watched apten do a port and its an exact replica... and i have pics of both and they look the same to me... he did a great job on that...

but ill hit terry up on a chip...

03LightningRocks
04-06-2004, 08:56 AM
ya i think you are right as far as the chip goes... i dont want to buy some fried chip.... but in the port's defense... its an excellent job... he told me he has an apten and he watched apten do a port and its an exact replica... and i have pics of both and they look the same to me... he did a great job on that...

but ill hit terry up on a chip...

Edit check :cool:

00Bolt
04-06-2004, 09:16 AM
ya i wanted to buy a flip chip, then when me and poorsvt were messing around one day, we pulled my chip to see what brand it was and found out I already had a flip chip.... was easier to just send Sal $10 to reburn it than pay $400 or whatever.... but whenever terry gets his dyno and does the chip burning himself... im gonna have to find someone to buy this psp from me and ill go PR all the way!!

03LightningRocks
04-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Hey Scott,

I didn't make that post to give ya crap over the chip....LOL.....I needed the post for a dispute on F150online.

Wes is denying that he told you he watched Brian do a port job.....

Rocks:beer:

min150mph
04-06-2004, 09:53 AM
I have both a JDM chip (SC) and PSP (Autologic) chip. I run identical times with them at the track and they dyno within 2hp of each other. Not sure if it really is your chip that is the issue.

Seems like it would be the ported blower as you didn't make any other changes that would cause it. I've read of some people loosing torque in the lower rpm's with the ported blower so that could be what has happened to you.

Edit: Actually know one person that happened too, but he did gain HP and torque just at a higher rpm.

PoorSvtman
04-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Just get a chip from Terry, if he will sell you one. He hooked me up with a used single file chip at a good price.

travis5000_99
04-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Just curiouse guys..... But what HP/TQ gains would I expect if I got a chip from Terry to put on my Stock L???? Also what is the price range?? I dont have alot of Cash to burn..:-( :throw: I want to gain a few extra horses little by little on a budget....

PoorSvtman
04-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Just curiouse guys..... But what HP/TQ gains would I expect if I got a chip from Terry to put on my Stock L???? Also what is the price range?? I dont have alot of Cash to burn..:-( :throw: I want to gain a few extra horses little by little on a budget....

i dont know much about chips but i dont think you gain much from them. they are mainly there to help with air/fuel and other tunning options to see better gains out of other mods.

Best bet is to ask terry. Im still learing about the chips

L8 APEX
04-06-2004, 08:20 PM
A chip on a stock 99 is good for 30/40. A used single is 225, used flip is 325. new is 325/425.

travis5000_99
04-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the info bro.... Guess Ill start filling my piggy bank... :d