PDA

View Full Version : feeling fast

byrd35us
03-16-2004, 08:39 AM
well I think I have install my first and last mods on the L. I am only wanting to be part of the 12's club and hopefully I will be able to do that now. My L now has a superchip, open air filter kit, #4 lower pulley, full magna flow exhaust. I went 13.3 stock so on Friday I will be going to the track to see if I can bust out some 12's. The L feels real fast and strong. Its also cool putting the stock boost gauge arm all in the black on the dash. My goal is to have my L and mustang in the 12's which the mustang has already went 12.72 so only the L left. Also must say thanks to Terry for getting me all of these parts and getting them to me fast I wish I was local so he could install and show me so tips and tricks but I didnt do to bad it only took me 6hrs to install the spark plugs, pulley,filter kit, and chip. From what I hear thats not to bad. once again thanks terry and I will let everyone know what she does this weekend.

mardyn
03-16-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm guessing that if the truck has already gone 13.3s, the modifications should easily get it in the high 12s, if you can get it to hook up... Good Luck on the attempt and let us know how it works out.

btw... Do you know my friend Darrel Pettifer from over in Sulfur? He's a Lightning owner well.... although I think his truck is stripped off to the bare frame right now for a complete redo...

mardyn
DFW, TX :)

byrd35us
03-16-2004, 11:10 AM
btw... Do you know my friend Darrel Pettifer from over in Sulfur? mardyn
DFW, TX :)

Was his truck really fast at one point...I dont know him but have heard of a really fast lightning that was in the sulphur area. Is he a Talon member. Also tell him to holla next time he goes to the track or something we could meet. Not many L owners around here maybe 4 in a 60 mile radius. Could use some support from another owner around lake charles, sulphur area.

03'svtlight
03-16-2004, 11:23 AM
well I think I have install my first and last mods on the L. I am only wanting to be part of the 12's club and hopefully I will be able to do that now. My L now has a superchip, open air filter kit, #4 lower pulley, full magna flow exhaust. I went 13.3 stock so on Friday I will be going to the track to see if I can bust out some 12's. The L feels real fast and strong. Its also cool putting the stock boost gauge arm all in the black on the dash. My goal is to have my L and mustang in the 12's which the mustang has already went 12.72 so only the L left. Also must say thanks to Terry for getting me all of these parts and getting them to me fast I wish I was local so he could install and show me so tips and tricks but I didnt do to bad it only took me 6hrs to install the spark plugs, pulley,filter kit, and chip. From what I hear thats not to bad. once again thanks terry and I will let everyone know what she does this weekend.
Don't get discouraged if it doesn't run a 12 something IF you still have the stock rubber. Traction is THE number one issue with these trucks. Throw on some drag radials and you're there. :tu:

mardyn
03-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Yea, I think Darrell's truck ran pretty good... I know he finally got the boost up high enough that it grenaded a rod and windowed the block..
He disassembled the truck for engine repairs and a repaint I think... either way, last time I saw a pic, it was stripped to the frame... no cab, no bed, no front sheet metal.... and no motor... repairs are on going... I think it was a Silver '02 model...
He and his Dad run Jerry's Marine over in Sulfur... both are good guys and perfromance enthusiast on both land and water...

mardyn