PDA

View Full Version : Bankston scraped the HELL out of my bumper/fascia!

my2002lightning
03-18-2004, 08:56 PM
I go in today for a simple alignment for the new Toyos to make sure everythings true.

From my latest experience with them, I start keeping a CLOSE eye on them and even walk around back and inspect.

I noticed the tech. seemed to hit the alignment rack a little hard, so I thought I would check it out as soon as they pulled it back around.

I'm METICULOUS with my L and know it wasn't there before!:flaming:

It escalated calmly/professionally to the Svc. Mgr. and I'm going in tomorrow with Mgt. to decide how to fix the situation.

I hauled the Tech./Svc. Guy/ Mgr. out there, showed them, and they're all like ".....huh?"

Ronald

:flaming:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-004F1.JPG

tliss
03-18-2004, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't trust the service monkeys at Bankston with a '79 Pinto. That sh*t sucks. The better fix it. I get pissed when other people screw up my stuff, but I can't get mad at myself. You should see the bottom of my front bumper...not pretty.

Tom

PoorSvtman
03-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Yep those scratches are from the rack. We had a guy do that to a vetter and the marks looked just like yours.

TP Derrick D
03-18-2004, 10:29 PM
My air dam got completely pull loose at Nichols Ford putting it on & off those drive on ramps, TWICE!! But they fixed it twice with new air dam and paint. Now when Larry (service mgr.) see me coming he get someone and gives them specific instructions how to handle a simple oil change on a"Show Truck" :evil So it doesn't cost the dealership $300+ and a free oil change. One of my pit crew members works there and he told me on the second time someone got :hammer: pretty good almost lost their job! DAMN !!!Larry took care of me tho, rental car (Ranger 1 time, Focus 1 time) free of charge. My kind of dealership. So I guess both times combined cost the dealership in the range of $900-$1000...yikes!

L8 APEX
03-18-2004, 11:22 PM
The best way is to walk back to the rack and show them the paint on it. It will still be there for a little bit where it touched.

my2002lightning
03-19-2004, 12:45 AM
This sort of thing makes me :flaming: to no end!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone.

Ronald

Nuhklz
03-19-2004, 08:02 AM
UnF*&king believable! :flaming: :flaming:

Will Zaino help? :D

my2002lightning
03-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Well,

As a follow-up, I've been going round-and-round with the Svc. Mgr. at Bankston/Frisco and they basically gave me a blank-check to get my front bumper/airdam fixed WHICHEVER way I want. knana

I'm thinking one of two routes:

1) Totally new OEM bumper/airdam painted Red, but it's NEW paint on an '02 that was picked up 2/27/03. (TX sun since April, '03) I've always heard that you don't want "old" paint on a vehicle with "new" paint as it fades unevenly over time and that Red doesn't "age" as well as the lighter colors. Just what I've heard.

2) Have my hail-dent guy's paint guy / hook-up repair the scrapes and keep all the parts in place and just "surgically" fix Bankston's goof-ups. Keep in mind all of the scrapes are on the LOWEST part of the driver's side bumper.

I called Michael Ashley (mine and Tom's hail-dent guy) today and he gave me his contacts info. with Eldorado Collision in McKinney. He said he did a kick-#ss paint job on a customer's $24K bike.

His guy hasn't taken a look at the L yet (we spoke today and I explained the situation), but it's all still up in the air and meeting Monday.

Advice/Opinions? Thanks.

Ronald

skalywags
03-20-2004, 04:40 AM
No advice here, but would like to know the result with teh paint guy. I have some scrtches I need fixed.

L8 APEX
03-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Bankston has a mobile paint repair dude. His name is Andrew and he is there every Tuesday or like that. He can sand and airbrush it in the parking lot and you'll never know for $100 bucks:tu:

03LightningRocks
03-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Bankston has a mobile paint repair dude. His name is Andrew and he is there every Tuesday or like that. He can sand and airbrush it in the parking lot and you'll never know for $100 bucks:tu:

That's the way I would go. You don't need a whole new air dam for a couple of scratches. Hey Terry.....if you get a chance, take a pic of my air dam. Show em what a real trucks air dam looks like...LOL.:D

Rocks

Silver_2000
03-20-2004, 11:00 AM
So - Who has "andrew"'s Number ??

L8 APEX
03-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Andrew owns or works for the mobile body repair company that 90% of the local dealers use. He fixes stuff the PDR guys can't. He did the lip of the GM's Lightning 2 years ago after his wife scrapeed it over a parking bump. I use to have his number soemwhere... I don't remember the name of the company either. But MOST dealers use the same one. He is at bankston on Tuesdays, Texan and Davis on Wed and Thursday or somethign like that.

my2002lightning
03-20-2004, 07:53 PM
I have the Svc. Mgr.'s - Frisco business card in the L downstairs. I can call him Monday a.m. and try to get his contact info. and post up.

Terry, any idea about his reputation and his work? I want to get the L fixed asap.

Thanks,

Ronald

L8 APEX
03-20-2004, 07:58 PM
I saw him paint a 2" square in the center of a door on a Saturn and it matched. Just tell him the type of job you want. I would tell him I want the scratches gone either sanded or filled but not painted over, I want the paint to look the same as for the clear coat and watch the damn over spray:tu:

my2002lightning
03-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Right! Sanded down/painted/clear-coated on JUST the affected areas (sort of a "surgical" fix). I just want it DONE RIGHT with no overspray!

I'll try to get some .jpegs of the scrapes with more sun behind me so everyone can better see the before/after.

Ronald

my2002lightning
03-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Well, I tracked PDR Andrew down today and he was at Eldorado in McKinney. He's an independent through Automotive Resources. I road-tripped over there this afternoon, visited with him and we looked the L over.

He said he does this sort of thing all the time on higher end vehicles and even knows mine and Tom's hail-dent guy - Michael Ashley.

I tried to get a better .jpeg of the before scratches but I could only get the lense like 3-4 inches from the bumper. But, ya'll get the idea...

Anyway, Andrew's cell is 469-878-1010. He says he does door-dings, too.

I'm going in Wed. and will post up then.

Ronald

BTW, I was quoted $125 for this job.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-022F1.JPG

my2002lightning
04-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Well, as a follow-up, Terry's hookup Andrew did a bang-up job and I'm happy.:tu:

Andrew even put up with me and my "20 questions" about sanding/paint/clearcoat/etc. throughout the ordeal.:) He only sanded/painted the affected areas which was as I hoped for.

Andrew Rodriguez (cell: 469-878-1010) does a fine job and told him I'd spread the word. Just tell him Ronald/Red '02 L recommended him since I told him I would post-up as to results. I told him some TALON guys maybe interested.

Crawford, I asked him about your hood and he told me ~$125 to fill/paint/blend your hood.

Also, a few of his recommended people are:

Paintless Dent Repair:
Dana (214) 912-7328

Interior Repair:
Mark (214) 232-2974

Windshield Chip Repair
Larry (817) 265-3438

I'm a little short of time to post-up .jpegs of the after lower air-dam, but I can if anyone wants. It looks good to me, though.

Oh yeah, as I was waiting for the paint to dry for the road-trip back, I killed some time at the Chevy dealership next door.

I've never sat in a Anniv. Edition Z-06 on the showroom floor but they're NICE!:bows

Ronald

Silver_2000
04-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Well, as a follow-up, Terry's hookup Andrew did a bang-up job and I'm happy.:tu:

Andrew even put up with me and my "20 questions" about sanding/paint/clearcoat/etc. throughout the ordeal.:) He only sanded/painted the affected areas which was as I hoped for.

Andrew Rodriguez (cell: 469-878-1010) does a fine job and told him I'd spread the word. Just tell him Ronald/Red '02 L recommended him since I told him I would post-up as to results. I told him some TALON guys maybe interested.

Crawford, I asked him about your hood and he told me ~$125 to fill/paint/blend your hood.

Ronald
I wonder what he would charge to fix the scrape on the tonnau and the 26 million dings on the siilver ....

MadMax
04-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Another.......

Altracolor
Scratch-B-Gone
2423 Crestview Dr.
McKinney, Texas 75070

Chris Martin
Steve Martin

214-415-5711
214-415-9094

:D

L-Fever
04-16-2004, 09:09 PM
I wonder what he would charge to fix the scrape on the tonnau and the 26 million dings on the siilver ....

Another satisfied customer! Andrew Rodriguez (cell: 469-878-1010) repaired/painted a deep crecent shaped scratch above my right tail light! He charged me $100 and his work is awesome! I highly recommend his services! :banana: