PDA

View Full Version : L Fest 2004 fees!

L8 APEX
03-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Have you seen the sign up list for this years event? Entry is 75 for members 95 for non members. 18 per shirt, 10.50 per plate BBQ, and the real kicker $135 for open track:eek2:. Do the drag racers use the track for free for two days. Then road racers pay 135 bucks for one day on track:Bullshit . Doug what did it cost last year? Maybe I am off base here..

Silver_2000
03-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Terry
They lost a ton of money last year -
The prices only increased for the on track and the BBQ. Last years BBQ was not great. I have been assured that this year will be worth the 10 bucks...

Registration is the SAME price as last year..

Open track is $75 MORE for a lightning owner who registers for the event.
it is 135 for a NON lightning owner who ONLY wants to run SUN....

Not sure if the reg $$ includes a T shirt or NOT.. The T shirt logos are better this year as well..

And OF COURSE the web site and the server its on are BETTER :d

Does that help ?

Doug

L8 APEX
03-19-2004, 08:18 AM
So how much do I have to pay for jsut on track this year? I thought it was 135 plus 75 to be there. I just think it is discrimination that drag racers get the track for two days and I have to pay out the arse for one day.
FORD needs to sponsor this event a little.

Silver_2000
03-19-2004, 09:01 AM
If ALL you want to do is on track on SUNDAY then its 135 BUT if you expect to hang around all weekend then Register and pay the 75 more for on track..

If you think about it LAST year the drag racers who DIDNT Ontrack got ripped off.... they spent the same money and used 1/2 the track

May be you should email Dwight and offer some thng for a door prize or sponsor ship and get a discount that way....

Doug

L8 APEX
03-20-2004, 12:58 AM
Drag racers do not pay a fee to race do they? I am whining because it seems like the $75 entry pays for the entry and drag but if you want to go on track you pay extra. Why do the drag racers get to use the track for their $75 entry we ALL pay. But raod racers pay an extrta 75 for one day when the drag guys use the track for two days.. I don't want my $75 entry fee paying for thier track time if they are not going to help pay for mine... Their needs to be a $50 entry if needed and then a $xxx fee to drag and a $xxx fee to road race. Does I make the sense:tu:

Tex Arcana
03-25-2004, 07:46 PM
So, uh, *where* is this thing, *when* is this thing, and *what* is its website?? :d

Silver_2000
03-25-2004, 09:14 PM
So, uh, *where* is this thing, *when* is this thing, and *what* is its website?? :d
http://www.lightninghdtruckfest2004.com/index.php

Silver_2000
03-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Drag racers do not pay a fee to race do they? I am whining because it seems like the $75 entry pays for the entry and drag but if you want to go on track you pay extra. Why do the drag racers get to use the track for their $75 entry we ALL pay. But raod racers pay an extrta 75 for one day when the drag guys use the track for two days.. I don't want my $75 entry fee paying for thier track time if they are not going to help pay for mine... Their needs to be a $50 entry if needed and then a $xxx fee to drag and a $xxx fee to road race. Does I make the sense:tu:
The event is primarily a drag racing event - all people that want to road course pay the same amount - the road course ONLY folks get less for the $$ cause they are not lightning owners and cant participate in the other events.

So you need to decide if you want to participate in ALL the events you are eligible for or NOT

Dwight is the Guy to talk to - Il send him a link to this thread

Doug

L8 APEX
03-25-2004, 09:54 PM
It should have been structured differently. Everyone who wants come come hang out pay an entry fee. Then if you want to do car show, autoX, road race, drag race, etc you pay for the activity you choose. Don't you have to buy the entry fee to drive and hang out inside the track? So it is entry fee and drag for free but pay to use the road course. They should have seperated the fees for each event. I believe in being fair and paying for what you use not for what you don't.

Silver_2000
03-25-2004, 09:59 PM
It should have been structured differently. Everyone who wants come come hang out pay an entry fee. Then if you want to do car show, autoX, road race, drag race, etc you pay for the activity you choose. Don't you have to buy the entry fee to drive and hang out inside the track? So it is entry fee and drag for free but pay to use the road course. They should have seperated the fees for each event. I believe in being fair and paying for what you use not for what you don't.
I bet you are one of very few who isnt interested in drag racing...

Face it you just dont wanna be beat by old fat bald guys ....:evil

L8 APEX
03-25-2004, 10:18 PM
I see L Fest as a hang out and get together not a drag race event persay. Drag, autoX, track, and showing are all optional activities to participate in at your option and expense. I am sure the drag track for two days with EMS is expensive. The drag racers should pay for that expense not the show trucks, track whores, or any other groups.

L8 APEX
03-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Or! Do soemthign like this and raise the cost by 10 bucks to everyone and make it a true free for all show, drag, race, or jsut sit on your butt for one low price:beer: . Just don't charge one group for thier activity and not the others:hammer: . I feel for you Trei, they keepin me down bro:d

Silver_2000
03-25-2004, 11:09 PM
Or! Do soemthign like this and raise the cost by 10 bucks to everyone and make it a true free for all show, drag, race, or jsut sit on your butt for one low price:beer: . Just don't charge one group for thier activity and not the others:hammer: . I feel for you Trei, they keepin me down bro:d
Thats the way they did it last year and they lost a ton of money.. They are now pricing the on track event similar to other track events. The majority will be drag racing and now they wont be supporting the track event if they are not running

BigD
03-25-2004, 11:15 PM
L8 Apex,

Last year only 35 people ran on Open Track...cost for the extra day, instructors, corner workers, rooms, meals, etc over $6,000 not including insurance. We were NOT going to offer Open Track this year, but many offered to pay extra to have the Open Track day continued. If you do not want to run Open Track or think the event is over priced....do not attend. We lost over $5,000 last year out of our personal pockets...which we will not do this year! If you want to change the event pricing structure, put up $30,000+ and name your rules.

Try to run an SVTOA On-Track event and see what you will pay...we have the same instructors and track.

We hope you will attend, but we will not change the event pricing structure.

If you want to "hang out", you can pay $10/day or $15/event and park in the spectator parking, but not in the pits...it is your call!

I will post a link to this thread on the NLOC forum.

...Dwight...

L8 APEX
03-26-2004, 12:20 AM
I did not appreciate the "L8 APEX HAS A PROBLEM" post on NLOC. You are a veteran on the forum scene and know better than making personal attacks like that:nono: . Nan sent me a thak you letter last week for pre paying and registering for L Fest just as I did last year. Despite your gruff and offensive attitude from both of your posts one NLOC and TALON I will attend and enjoy the event:beer: . I was just posting my thoughts for debate not you telling me to fork out 30K and name the event or don't come and you won't care attitude you posted with. Grow up and post with a little more respect.