PDA

View Full Version : started lining out the system.

LonghornLightning
03-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Went and I've been browsing for when I get the L.
I've found a great site (www.onlinecarstereo.com) CRAZY low prices.

Focal composites 180W's for 700.(kickpanel and tweeter up high)
Take the 2 infinitis out of my ranger and put in the back of the L.
1 500/2 channel amp to power to the Focals in front
run the back two (now infinitis) just normal
1 500/1 amp to power a JL Audio 10" Sub.

I just need to decide what kind of amps to get and the deck (probably going to be alpine deck..power precision amps), and need to see what kinda box cartoys or someone can conjur up for me to hold 1 10.

Ooo i can't wait for this guys..and if you haven't heard of focal, you should check it out or i'll just let you know when I get this put in so you guys can hear it...only rock/metal allowed so don't think i'm some punk kid listening to rap. ;)

I think metallica will have to break her in....Alarm is happenin the day I get the L so have no fear, just keeping you just posted. :postwhore

pimps_r_us69420
04-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Sounds cool! I'm still trying to decide what system i'm going to get. I used to have a yukon and had a bunch of bad ass systems. I'm either going to get 2 12" eclipse titainiums with a ported box and one or two jbl 1200.1's. Or what I really want is to cut a hole in the back to my bed and stick a 15" or 18" monster and bang like crazy!I know a-lot of places to get low prices.You should check out those amps and eclipse subs there crazy loud. The amps are really cheap also $200 for a 1200 watt amp 1400 watts at 1 ohm. They are more powerfull then most amps and never heat up or burn up. Also pioneer decks are pretty badass have good bass features. undefinedYou should check out www.electronicgiant.net and ebay. Goodluck on the system!

dboat
04-22-2004, 08:48 PM
I put the Focals in two years ago... havent regretted it since.. but they are not cheap

Went and I've been browsing for when I get the L.
I've found a great site (www.onlinecarstereo.com) CRAZY low prices.

Focal composites 180W's for 700.(kickpanel and tweeter up high)
Take the 2 infinitis out of my ranger and put in the back of the L.
1 500/2 channel amp to power to the Focals in front
run the back two (now infinitis) just normal
1 500/1 amp to power a JL Audio 10" Sub.

I just need to decide what kind of amps to get and the deck (probably going to be alpine deck..power precision amps), and need to see what kinda box cartoys or someone can conjur up for me to hold 1 10.

Ooo i can't wait for this guys..and if you haven't heard of focal, you should check it out or i'll just let you know when I get this put in so you guys can hear it...only rock/metal allowed so don't think i'm some punk kid listening to rap. ;)

I think metallica will have to break her in....Alarm is happenin the day I get the L so have no fear, just keeping you just posted. :postwhore

LonghornLightning
04-22-2004, 09:29 PM
yes..to give an update, i think i've changed now to an eclipse deck...FoCal components in the front with high power PPI amp runinng to them, leave factory in the back and no amp..then a 10 and amp
should be loud and obnoxious but good for rock/metal, like all stereos should be knana

TX SVT LIGHTNING
05-16-2004, 07:27 PM
I too am working on a system but with a budget

Alpine CDA-9830 single disc cd, mp3, cdr, cdr/w, wmp player
MB Quart PCE 216 6 1/2" seperates or coax, goes either way
Rockford Fosgate Power 851x 4ch (2 x 110 + 1 x 425 all 4 ohm)
JL Audio 10W3-v2 D4 subs, bought a pair from co-worker

So far I'm at $1,023.76 :) Just picked up a sheet of 3/4" mdf for enclosure and small piece of 1/4" mdf to make cut outs for MB Quarts to go in the door in place of stock 5x7.

jcblack
05-16-2004, 10:20 PM
I'm working on a system too. Had one before with a screen and everything, but sold that stuff to Madness from HALO. My system is going to be cheap. I do need help from anyone who might know where to get a MTX thunderform, but with no subs in it. Besides ebay.

Alpine
05-16-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm working on a system too. Had one before with a screen and everything, but sold that stuff to Madness from HALO. My system is going to be cheap. I do need help from anyone who might know where to get a MTX thunderform, but with no subs in it. Besides ebay.You cheap ass! Don't forget, you got mini transportation to buy for L fest.

PoorSvtman
05-17-2004, 12:17 AM
I'm working on a system too. Had one before with a screen and everything, but sold that stuff to Madness from HALO. My system is going to be cheap. I do need help from anyone who might know where to get a MTX thunderform, but with no subs in it. Besides ebay.

I like my single 10 backed by a 400 watt amp with the factory head unit, pioneer speakers in the door. Pretty clean and crisp with some bump for a cheap ghetto system.

Funny thing is, the amp has been in 4 cars, 2 wrecks, got wet and started smoking once and it still works like a champ.

Krystle dosent believe its only a 400 watt amp and a single 10. :evil

Krystle
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
I like my single 10 backed by a 400 watt amp with the factory head unit, pioneer speakers in the door. Pretty clean and crisp with some bump for a cheap ghetto system.

Funny thing is, the amp has been in 4 cars, 2 wrecks, got wet and started smoking once and it still works like a champ.

Krystle dosent believe its only a 400 watt amp and a single 10. :evil
:bs That is NOT a freakin 400w amp.. If so... I got screwed on mine that I got!!

PoorSvtman
05-17-2004, 08:26 PM
:bs That is NOT a freakin 400w amp.. If so... I got screwed on mine that I got!!

Its all in how you have your **** hooked up and your settings. I still have the box the amp came in if you still dont believe me.

Whats even better is i got it at traders village :rll:

SVTVERNMAN
05-17-2004, 09:50 PM
I put this box together last week and painted it with rock paint. I have MB Quartz in the doors and 2 JL Audio 10w3 v2 in the rear. I drive them with a JL Audio 450/4. 300 to the subs and 75 to each MB Q. I've been listening to the group for a while like it very much. Seams like a bunch of real nice gales and guys.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=6170

PoorSvtman
05-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the club Vern :beer:

jcblack
05-17-2004, 10:20 PM
You cheap ass! Don't forget, you got mini transportation to buy for L fest.
I'm all over it bro! I have already drawn out the custom paint.

LonghornLightning
05-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Donny (install) and Brian (sales) at Ultimate electronics took care of me and this thing is a monster. Such good quality..here's the breakdown.

Alpine deck, boston acoustics component fronts, fosgate amp 800.4, and a boston 10" sub. 100 watts going to each front and 400 to the sub, we finally EQ'ed it and it is a monster. I'll be at the next meeting, pretty sweet looking box too.

:bows

Silver_2000
05-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Did you see what kind of deal subbox.net could make you on the box ??

Would have been cool if you could have supported a vendor that supports TALON

LonghornLightning
05-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Did you see what kind of deal subbox.net could make you on the box ??

Would have been cool if you could have supported a vendor that supports TALON

I someone call me to them through family, otherwise I would have.

Silver_2000
05-28-2004, 07:39 AM
I someone call me to them through family, otherwise I would have.
Since the thread has no connection to the vendor - I moved it to Gen Discussion