PDA

View Full Version : is safe to run #4 without chip

byrd35us
03-20-2004, 01:27 AM
just wondering if it is safe to run the stock program with pushing 12-13 pounds of boost. Because I want to compare the difference but not sure what it will do to the air fuel or what not. also want to compare the shifts with the chip my 2nd to 3rd is real strong but the 1st to 2nd bogs down then picks up wondering if that is my tranny or the chip program.
thanks for advice

L8 APEX
03-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Just reset the battery between so it doesn't carry over learned fuel tables. As for the 1-2 shift. Without the chip it should do the normal drop 3 cyl for half a second fart noise. With the chip it should hit on all cylinders. Sometimes converter lockup can make a bog appearance. Or if a tranny is weak it can slide shift into second gear. If that is the case either try a valve body to crisp the 1-2 shift or rebuild the trans. The factory puts that 1-2 cylinder shutdown into the program to save the trans, when you run a chip it is harder on the clutches.

byrd35us
03-20-2004, 07:17 AM
how long does the battery need to be disconnected in order for the computer to reset.

L8 APEX
03-20-2004, 09:26 AM
minute or two.