PDA

View Full Version : New ride

devildog92
03-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Hey Guys:

Its been awhile since I posted on the board, but I thought I'd drop in to check y'all out. I see alot of fast trucks out there, makes me miss my True Blue...

Anyway, I just bought a 04 Mach 1. AWESOME car, thats all there is to it. I looked at the Cobra and Lightning, and I just couldn't get the deal I did on the Mach. With all the issues the Cobra guys are having, I felt this was the best route for the money, and since my wife took (like a thief LOL) my GMC, then I sure as heck wasn't driving her nasty Maxima. Nice car, ALOT of maintenence. I asked the dealer if he was sure BMW didn't make this one. MM&FF, as well as 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords came out this month and said the Mach is the Mustang to have, so that pleased me, especially since both mags came out AFTER I bought the car. The'04's are dynoing out @ 280-287rwhp stock. Nice for a small 4.6L n/a 4v car.

The Mach has the 6-bolt aluminum Cobra motor of old, has a forged crank with crap rods and pistons. It does however have the Cobra fuel pump, injectors, heads, and thankfully NOT the rearend. I went to Royce City raceway last night and watch a guy in his 03 Mach hit over 100mph in the 1/8th with just a 100 shot of N2O, full exhaust and 3.73's.

I hear gears, exhaust, shifter in the future.

Anyway, glad to see the board is alive and well...

Dan

tliss
03-22-2004, 08:49 AM
It's about time you arose from the dead, you putz! What have you been doing with yourself? We'll have to get together sometime soon. knana

Tom

devildog92
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
It's about time you arose from the dead, you putz! What have you been doing with yourself? We'll have to get together sometime soon. knana

Tom
True, true. I spoke to Terry and it seems alot of the guys here are doin ok. I miss my truck. I'd either have the built block by now, or in a ditch somewhere LOL. Y'all still going to meetings like B-Daddys?

tliss
03-22-2004, 08:33 PM
True, true. I spoke to Terry and it seems alot of the guys here are doin ok. I miss my truck. I'd either have the built block by now, or in a ditch somewhere LOL. Y'all still going to meetings like B-Daddys?
All kinds of stuff has been going on. I'll fill you in on some of the gritty details next time I see you.

Monthly meeting are still every first Thursday, and there is a set schedule in the events forum.

Tom