PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale today

PoorSvtman
03-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Was fun as hell. Met some new guys got sunburned and spent the day at the track seeing some nice cars.

Congrats to adam for lasting the entire day up until he premature accelerated and red lighted :hammer: . But he and every body else had good runs through out the day. :burnout:

:nana2 :postwhore

edit: Thanks to ron for the burgers and hot dogs. They were damn good :beer:

ken cryder
03-21-2004, 08:25 PM
see i told you guys you would have a good time . thanks ron for the food . you da man .

and special congrats to adam . :tu:

ken

StormShadow
03-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys. I had a blast. Thanks for the burgers Ron. Thanks for packin me up to Ron and Howard and whoever else helped.

BTW on my premature acceleration on the last round my reaction time was
-.005, what a bummer. I did get a cool desk plaque though. :tu:

L1nt2B
03-21-2004, 09:14 PM
way to go Adam :tu: Thanks for the grub Ron :vomit: I still think my Ranger could have taken everybody there though :burnout:

PoorSvtman
03-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Man my neck and face are burnt. I just woke up from a nap and i feel like im on fire :throw:

Flats Man
03-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Congratulations to all the Talon Guys and Girls! Thank you Ron for the great burgers and hot dogs!

my2002lightning
03-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Mike, good meeting you and running down to Kennedale with Andy. There's nothing like a couple of Ls stepping through Interstate traffic 10+ over!

On the way back near Las Colinas, I see this new red WS6 (it had that Ram-Air hood/nostrils) walking up slow and I see the passenger pointing at the L and saying something to the tank-tops/t#tties in the back seat. They got next to me and "rev/lurch fwd." on me. We get even, nod back-and-forth and I nail it from 75~ to 100. knana I slow down and the dudes up front nod/smile and we take off different directions.

Thanks again for the grub, Ron! Adam, I don't think we've met yet, but congrats!

Ronald

Sandman
03-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I'm one of the new guys. It was nice to meet all of yall. Don't be offended if the next time I see you I can't remember your names... I'm horrible with names. So, I'm sure I'll be asking. I had a blast and look forward to the future events!

Sixpipes
03-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Adam gets the MVP award for today. Very tough competition out there in Kennedale, but I think everyone had a great time. :cool:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6032/8e-med.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6032/83-med.JPG

More pics here.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6032

Sixpipes
03-21-2004, 11:26 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6032/82-med.JPG

Honorable mention to Flats Man who made it to the semifinals in Stock before breaking out. :cool:

Silver_2000
03-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Honorable mention to Flats Man who made it to the semifinals in Stock before breaking out. :cool:
Congrats to Flats man...

We need to do a PGR2 rematch..

syclone
03-21-2004, 11:45 PM
how did the ladies do

jcblack
03-21-2004, 11:49 PM
I had fun today too. Met some new people myself. I hope that everyone will be at Ennis next weekend to tear up some dodges.

Krystle
03-22-2004, 12:02 AM
how did the ladies do
Well Cody... I ran like crap.. My dang truck is running like crap!!:flaming: But hopefully by next weekend it will be running better..

Thanks guys for the awesome day also thanks for taking a look and helping me out with my truck!!:d

03'svtlight
03-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Adam gets the MVP award for today. Very tough competition out there in Kennedale, but I think everyone had a great time. :cool:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6032/8e-med.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6032/83-med.JPG

More pics here.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6032
congrats homie! I don't know, it must be the color (DSG) on the bracket racing deal. I saw where you called me but today was my birthday (33), so ya'know how that goes, even though I didn't do nothin' I wanted to do. Almost came but I didn't have the rubber on (hmmm....did that come out right?). What is uncle Rocks flippin', burgers or weanies?? :evil

SILVER2000SVT
03-22-2004, 08:49 AM
I had a great time, although I spent the half the time trying to figure out what I was supposed to do...That was my first time bracket racing, and got knocked out my first round by a guy with a .007 RT. It was still fun, and got a new best time by .1.

Jason

Sixpipes
03-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Krystal,

I'm heading out this afternoon, but will put your tires in the trunk. Plan on Thursday or Friday. :cool:

Krystle
03-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Krystal,

I'm heading out this afternoon, but will put your tires in the trunk. Plan on Thursday or Friday. :cool:
I will see you then!! Thanks agian!!!!!:D

03LightningRocks
03-22-2004, 09:40 AM
I alread posted congrats to all in another thread, but here it is again. I think the whole darned group made one heck of a showing for having 8 folks racing. Heck, they thought there where 50 of us...LOL.

Your da man this week Adam....but remember..."A shooting Star Burns Out Fast":D

Do it again at Ennis next week....WAY TO GO. Thanks also to the additional help from Flatsman, Howard and Tim who all did a good job showing everyone that you don't have to be driving a Lightning to compete successfully.

See everyone at Ennis.......oh yeah...thanks for the compliments on the food. Dennis, maybe next time you can get a picture of the cook without a cigarette hanging out of his mouth...LOL, it reminded me of a greasy spoon cook at a roadside diner.;)

Rocks:nana2

ken cryder
03-22-2004, 09:45 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6032/82-med.JPG

if he got to the semis he should have gotten a plaque . you should check with ron dillinger at ennis to see if he has one waiting .

ken

Flats Man
03-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info, I have never won anything before so that would be a nice momento of the day with Talon! When I lost in the Semi's, I cut my best light of the day at .055 and broke out on a run of 10.940 on a dial of 10.950! My Screw seems to not like Chevy's at all! lol

scott015
03-22-2004, 10:49 AM
sorry guys, i couldnt make it... i really wanted to... but I dont even get out of church until noon... figure by time i got out there it would be too late...

anyway, so whats everyones best times??? just curious where yall are at??

btw, when is next talon track meet? gonna be at ennis or what??

ken cryder
03-22-2004, 10:58 AM
sorry guys, i couldnt make it... i really wanted to... but I dont even get out of church until noon... figure by time i got out there it would be too late...

anyway, so whats everyones best times??? just curious where yall are at??

btw, when is next talon track meet? gonna be at ennis or what??
yes scott this sunday at ennis . i believe i bought some tires off of you about a year ago .

my best of the day was a 7.62 at 89 mph with a 1.64 60ft.

ken

scott015
03-22-2004, 11:03 AM
wow, 7.62 thats nice.... i have no idea where I will be at.... im going today to hit the dyno, hope to be a little over 400.. then gonna send chip off tomorrow for reburn... so i should have back by next weekend....

btw, wasnt me u bought tires from

Band
03-22-2004, 11:56 AM
When can we see the videos?

bobbywade69
03-22-2004, 12:44 PM
I had a blast out glad to see so many people show up to the event, thanks for the grub Ron!! Had fun see tha gang and new faces! Way to go Adam hate it when she goes off early but there is always next time, I think its almost burnout video time for these old slicks!:d Anyways hope to see the videos soon. Thanks for coming guys and gals!

Krystle
03-22-2004, 01:42 PM
When can we see the videos?
I really dont want to see my video!!:hammer:

My JOHN FORCE freakin burn out down the track.. I wasnt even in it!!:burnout:

But hopefully next week I can get a better video taken and run more than once and I pray my truck won't die at the line again!!

TreeFiddy
03-22-2004, 03:57 PM
I had a great time. It was good to see so many Lightnings out there, and I hated to beat one (but just a little). Hope to see all of you at Ennis next Sunday!

REXRENEGADE
03-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Man my neck and face are burnt. I just woke up from a nap and i feel like im on fire :throw:
You gotta wear the proper protection (Sunscreen, Hood with Cape, Astronaut Suit) when dealing with old man sun. You can get turned into well done Bar B Q in no time! :hammer:

Sixpipes
03-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Dennis, maybe next time you can get a picture of the cook without a cigarette hanging out of his mouth...LOL, it reminded me of a greasy spoon cook at a roadside diner.;)

Rocks:nana2How's this?

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8tsb.JPG

For the record, I didn't hear a lot of complaints about the grub. :cool:

True Blue Aggie
03-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Scott,

If that was you in the left lane, you took me out. I broke out and left 10 seconds after the light turned green (more like .227 after but who's counting).

It felt like I was pulling you in the end, but that could be because you braked? Not sure either way...

I'll get ya next time..:tu:

Sixpipes
03-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Probably this race, heh? :D

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6032/81.JPG

That's one of the benefits of having a stock Gen I. I get to race early and then have time to get to the stands and shoot a few photos. :cool:

03LightningRocks
03-22-2004, 07:20 PM
About the vids. I will get them set up in the next day or two. I got so damned burned on my face, I have blisters all over it. It is making me tired. I got home from work at 2 today and just woke up. Anyway....I will get them up as soon as I can.

Rocks:cool:

TreeFiddy
03-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Scott,

If that was you in the left lane, you took me out. I broke out and left 10 seconds after the light turned green (more like .227 after but who's counting).

It felt like I was pulling you in the end, but that could be because you braked? Not sure either way...

I'll get ya next time..:tu:
I had a pretty good day at the tree. My RT in that round was .017 which is probably why you broke out. The only reason we didn't both break out is because I missed third - bad. The track seemed to get faster as the day went on. I ended up with a new PB in the next round. Great picture, sixpipes. I do love the Lightnings.

BTW, I'll definitely stop by and say hi on Sunday.