PDA

View Full Version : n00d here. Hi.

yalc
03-26-2004, 11:19 AM
How much is the normal insurance for you guys? full coverage and all?
If i was looking to buy one what mileage would be "too high"

Im just out looking for a new car/truck, and really would like a lightning :twitch:

what am i getting my self in too. :banana:

George G.
03-26-2004, 12:13 PM
....what am i getting my self in too. :banana:

A money pit if you hang around these guys!!!:tongue:

03LightningRocks
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Hello,

I have heard of folks paying as little as 100 bucks a month and some as high as 300 a month for insurance
Mine runs about 150 a month tied into my company auto insurance. On my own hey wanted 275 because my 19 year old son has a accident on his record.

It can be a money pit......I found that a new one would be cheaper per month than a used one because new gets longer and lower interest financing.

How many miles may be subjective....LOL. If it only has 6000 miles but all of it was at a race track.....that is worse than 23k miles driven on the highway.

Good Luck,

Rocks:beer:

yalc
03-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Hello,

I have heard of folks paying as little as 100 bucks a month and some as high as 300 a month for insurance
Mine runs about 150 a month tied into my company auto insurance. On my own hey wanted 275 because my 19 year old son has a accident on his record.

It can be a money pit......I found that a new one would be cheaper per month than a used one because new gets longer and lower interest financing.

How many miles may be subjective....LOL. If it only has 6000 miles but all of it was at a race track.....that is worse than 23k miles driven on the highway.

Good Luck,

Rocks:beer:

See thats going to be my problem. being 19, and needing a new car with lower payments and lower insurance than my current, but also wanting one of these :D, my current payments are like ~300 a month for car payment and another ~300 on insurance for my 2 door golf TDI ( they have it down as a 2 sports car, yay sport = 90hp? ), or something I have no clue why it is so high. So im wondering if "truck" would make it less or the svt side would make it more, guess depends on how they see it.

trust me i understand the moneypit. I think that goes with any type car, when you get enough people with the same ones together.

Krystle
03-26-2004, 01:45 PM
See thats going to be my problem. being 19, and needing a new car with lower payments and lower insurance than my current, but also wanting one of these :D, my current payments are like ~300 a month for car payment and another ~300 on insurance for my 2 door golf TDI ( they have it down as a 2 sports car, yay sport = 90hp? ), or something I have no clue why it is so high. So im wondering if "truck" would make it less or the svt side would make it more, guess depends on how they see it.

trust me i understand the moneypit. I think that goes with any type car, when you get enough people with the same ones together.
Well I'm a youngin like yourself.. I pay $100 a month for insurance plus my truck payment.. I'm rated as myself driving it to.. I just think that I have a nice insurance person.

:eek: There is no way that I would pay $300 for insurance on a Golf.

But all and all a Lightning is a great truck to go for!!:tu:

Sandman
03-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Well I'm a youngin like yourself.. I pay $100 a month for insurance plus my truck payment.. I'm rated as myself driving it to.. I just think that I have a nice insurance person.

:eek: There is no way that I would pay $300 for insurance on a Golf.

But all and all a Lightning is a great truck to go for!!:tu:
You are also a female. Females are lower risk than males, so they have lower insurance.

Yalc
To answer what I think part of your question is, the insurance for a Lightning is usually no more than a regular f150. However, it does depend upon you insurance company, a few do rate it as a special vehicle.

yalc
03-26-2004, 02:33 PM
You are also a female. Females are lower risk than males, so they have lower insurance.

Yalc
To answer what I think part of your question is, the insurance for a Lightning is usually no more than a regular f150. However, it does depend upon you insurance company, a few do rate it as a special vehicle.

well well well..

any one selling a lightning :D

and i noticed i typed n00d.. not n00b.. HAHAHA

Band
03-26-2004, 02:48 PM
well well well..

Yeah, i clicked on the link to see some entertainment!

My insurance went down when I got my Lightning. I had a GMC sierra denali truck..

I've had 2 lightnings. The first one was registered as an f150, the second one was registered as Ford, Other.

Your insurance will go down with a lightning cause its not a sports car.. To find the exact number, go get a VIN number off a new lightning and give it to your insurance company. They'll give you a rate that should be within dollars of what you will end up paying/year...

Hope to see ya at the track with your new lightning :D

George G.
03-26-2004, 03:14 PM

Yalc
She also lives out in the sticks. Theft rate and accident rate are prolly lower compared to the metroplex. Lower risk factor. Why is your ins. so high? any accidents, tickets?

Krystle
03-26-2004, 03:15 PM
She also lives out in the sticks. Theft rate and accident rate are prolly lower compared to the metroplex. Lower risk factor. Why is your ins. so high? any accidents, tickets?
Yea....I do live in the sticks.. But im moving to Arlington in the next few months and my insurance is staying the same.

yalc
03-26-2004, 03:17 PM

I honstly do not know, i have one accident, but it didn't change the price at all, no tickets that will show.. all got taken off record one way or the other.

if i can get a lightning for arround what im paying now insurance including, id be happy.

Nuhklz
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM
A money pit if you hang around these guys!!!:tongue:
:rll:

My insurance on an 03 runs ~$40 per month. But, I'm an old bald guy :cool:.

whitelightning'02
03-26-2004, 03:50 PM
well well well..

Yes, my buddy has an '02 bone stock except for a KN air filter, Silver, I think he wants 24k for it.

:beer:
Lee

P.S. welcome

03LightningRocks
03-26-2004, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Sandman]You are also a female. Females are lower risk than males, so they have lower insurance.

QUOTE]

Yeah........shut up Krystle....your making me jealous. 100 bucks a month.....that must be nice.:cool:

Rocks

03LightningRocks
03-26-2004, 04:24 PM
:rll:

My insurance on an 03 runs ~$40 per month. But, I'm an old bald guy :cool:.

At least we now know who, "Bonehead", was talking to a few weeks ago.

Rocks:D

yalc
03-26-2004, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=Sandman]You are also a female. Females are lower risk than males, so they have lower insurance.

QUOTE]

Yeah........shut up Krystle....your making me jealous. 100 bucks a month.....that must be nice.:cool:

Rocks

damn i could have a NIce car for that big of an insurance cut a month

how.. can i convince my insurance im a woman.

PoorSvtman
03-26-2004, 04:37 PM
i pay 135 a month. I also have a high risk driver stamp next to my name. The 2 wrecks i did have just went off, None of the many tickets i have had have ever been on my recored. But im also still on my moms insurance till i move out of the house.

This poor man has to save some money some how. :D

Krystle
03-26-2004, 04:38 PM

QUOTE]

Rocks
Sorry!!:tongue:

yalc
03-26-2004, 04:50 PM
i pay 135 a month. I also have a high risk driver stamp next to my name. The 2 wrecks i did have just went off, None of the many tickets i have had have ever been on my recored. But im also still on my moms insurance till i move out of the house.

This poor man has to save some money some how. :D

who are you with?

could mine be higher becuase im on my parents? (97bmw5series and a 2002yukon)

Nuhklz
03-26-2004, 04:55 PM

:tu:

Silver_2000
03-26-2004, 04:59 PM
I assumed he was talking about me .. AND was planning on kicking his ass when I see him...:evil Oh wait Im too Old and Fat and Bald to do that ... NOT :nono:

PoorSvtman
03-26-2004, 05:05 PM
who are you with?

could mine be higher becuase im on my parents? (97bmw5series and a 2002yukon)

Im with allstate. I love them. They have had 2 chances to cancel me but they didnt :d

Crawford
03-26-2004, 05:11 PM
I pay $103 per month w/ $250 deductable. I am pretty sure my insurance company (State Farm) knows I am a man. If not, F'em!!

03LightningRocks
03-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I pay $103 per month w/ $250 deductable. I am pretty sure my insurance company (State Farm) knows I am a man. If not, F'em!!

I will be out for a couple days....I have to drive to Austin and break my leg off in my sons ass:mad: .

yalc
03-26-2004, 06:10 PM
I will be out for a couple days....I have to drive to Austin and break my leg off in my sons ass:mad: .

ouch.. i would hate to have a legg in my ass.

skalywags
03-26-2004, 07:44 PM
ouch.. i would hate to have a legg in my ass.you'd look pretty funny, and have a hard time dressing too!

L-Fever
03-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Yes, my buddy has an '02 bone stock except for a KN air filter, Silver, I think he wants 24k for it.

Lee

P.S. welcome

Yeah that '02 Silver is a darn nice truck! :)

Nice site you guys have here! This is going to cost me hangin around you guys!..lol :tongue:

cpeapea
03-27-2004, 05:38 PM
great name buttfungus

L-Fever
03-27-2004, 05:40 PM
great name buttfungus

Thanks!

my2002lightning
03-27-2004, 10:55 PM
There's a "fungus among us". :cool:

Welcome.:D

Ronald

L-Fever
03-28-2004, 12:18 AM
There's a "fungus among us". :cool:

Welcome.:D

Ronald

Yeah! :tongue: :D

Silver_2000
03-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Mr Butt.. Welcome

This is a freindly group for the most part. Not sure if you will be happy with buttfungus over the long term as a username... My suggestion would be to change it to something less 3rd grade....

Doug

03LightningRocks
03-28-2004, 01:23 AM

Hey buttfungus,

Do have any connection to the Jock Itch boy's. They live down in the same neck of the woods your in.

Rocks:confused:

L-Fever
03-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Mr Butt.. Welcome

This is a freindly group for the most part. Not sure if you will be happy with buttfungus over the long term as a username... My suggestion would be to change it to something less 3rd grade....

Doug

Your kidding right? I like my nick. I've been using it for years. I'm pretty sure that graduating with a B.S. from college in 1981 is a little something more than 3rd grade...

whitelightning'02
03-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Mr Butt.. Welcome

Doug
Hey Doug, He has been using Buttfungus on a lot of other forums for a long time.... The other forums don't seem to have a problem with it, so why should you guys? Besides he's my friend and now he has an L..... WTF??

Lee

Silver_2000
03-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey Doug, He has been using Buttfungus on a lot of other forums for a long time.... The other forums don't seem to have a problem with it, so why should you guys? Besides he's my friend and now he has an L..... WTF??

Lee
Lee and "Mr Fungus",

In my 5 years experience administrating and moderating forums, folks who use names like that only register to cause trouble. Trolls or worse... Ends up being a problem 8 times out of 10.

If he has used the name on many forums then fine.
Having someone that can vouch for him helps.

Have fun.
Doug

whitelightning'02
03-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Just glad I could clear that up, he's not a troll! We ride ATV's together , drink beer together, work together and now we both have L's. SWEEEEEEEEEET!!:tu:

Lee

Lyfisin
03-29-2004, 08:17 AM
You own your own company then? I wish I could do something like that.

My insurance company indicates my 17 year old son has to be included on the insurance for the L even though he's never going to drive it. :flaming:

ßrook