PDA

View Full Version : Just Busted An Srt-10 In The Arse!!!!!

03'svtlight
03-27-2004, 08:49 PM
whew....... Give me a second to catch my breath!! I'm down H67 on my way to the house and I spot (from my rearview), a viper truck. It's kinda dark around 7:15 so I wasn't sure if it was or it wasn't the enemy. But it was!! Soon enuff he rolls on the side of ol'grey and gives me the "whats up" nod, I guess tryin' to feel me out. But when I smiled back, he soon knew it was only a matter of time IF we could get some room. I have to admit, I was abit concerned because nobody has EVER mentioned the top-end on these things. So I got of the phone and turned off the tunes. IM READY!!! We finally made it on I20, and race one was really nothing more than a 2-3 shift and off the gas because freakin' cars were in the way. :hammer: So from about 60 to 80 I had about a nose on him. Race two was a bit different. :evil I saw his truck jerk back abit from the downshift so I knew then he was in 2nd gear and ready to rock & roll. So here we go!!!!! I kinda left on him abit because the truck has to find what gear it wants but thats no excuse for the 4 to 5 car lengths i put on his arse!!!!! :evil He was sick from the look on his face but he wanted MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Race three was cool as sh!t!!! This time we slowed ALL THE WAY down to 40 and hit. I LET HIM hit first this time and she just cruised around that ol' piece of doggy dodo!! From 40 to about 110-120 it was all she wrote!!! :evil :throw: Another 2-3 car lengths. I wish the owner could read this and register and reply to arse whippin' just got. That would be great!!! L's RULE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nana2 :tu:

tliss
03-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Sweet! Looks like you're the first confirmed SRT-10 killer in DFW! There will be more to come. Just for that, Ron will cook you up a burger tomorrowknana .

Tom

dboat
03-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Sweet! Looks like you're the first confirmed SRT-10 killer in DFW! There will be more to come. Just for that, Ron will cook you up a burger tomorrowknana .

Tom
I thought Ron was going to be in Austin putting his leg up his kids arse.. :tongue:

Band
03-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Ron will be there, just spoke with him.. Tim's gonna be the cook for tomorrow...

Congrats on the Kill Trai!

my2002lightning
03-27-2004, 10:13 PM

Tom
Tom,
Tell us how you REALLY feel... knana

Ronald

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/26MVC-069F.JPG

03'svtlight
03-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey I just went and bought 12 patties for tomorrow.

03'svtlight
03-27-2004, 10:20 PM

Tom
Yep I just might be! :D Wish I had a video camera. It was hilarious! :evil Damn near ran into the guy as I was blowin' by him from laughing so hard. :banana:

02BOLT
03-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Atta BOY!!!knana

Sandman
03-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Good Job! I hope it was this guy that you beat.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151145
He's supposed to be from around here.

03'svtlight
03-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Good Job! I hope it was this guy that you beat.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151145
He's supposed to be from around here.
hehe maybe it was.......... :rll: To tell the truth, I kinda felt bad for the poor guy as I passed him........................................ Naw, lying didn't, it felt damn good!!!!!!!!! :rll: Its funny, he gave me the thumbs up just before we took off but not after. :confused: :rll:

03LightningRocks
03-28-2004, 01:38 AM
hehe maybe it was.......... :rll: To tell the truth, I kinda felt bad for the poor guy as I passed him........................................ Naw, lying didn't, it felt damn good!!!!!!!!! :rll: Its funny, he gave me the thumbs up just before we took off but not after. :confused: :rll:

Alright Trai!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing to feel bad about except for not having a camera to roll while you ruined his fantasyknana .

Way to go....he'll be at the dealership monday morning asking what is wrong with his POS dodge......ROTFLMAO......I want a Dodge kill too...this isn't fair.

Rocks:bows

tliss
03-28-2004, 07:20 AM
I haven't even seen one on the street yet. I guess the owners are all parking them. What a bunch of pansies.

Ronald...I figured that pic would rear it head once more. Classic knana .

Tom

TXBLU
03-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Trai, what mods do you have on your truck? I was just wondering how a bone stock truck like mine would do. I know that guy is saying he ran low 12's with his SRT-10, and I have run 13.9 in the middle of summer with mine, so I was wondering if he was full of bull do-do, or if those things are just hugely over rated.

99WhiteBeast
03-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Trai, what mods do you have on your truck? I was just wondering how a bone stock truck like mine would do. I know that guy is saying he ran low 12's with his SRT-10, and I have run 13.9 in the middle of summer with mine, so I was wondering if he was full of bull do-do, or if those things are just hugely over rated.
Eric,
You would probably beat them. I just watched one make a few passes at Ennis today.
14.65 1st run,
13.9? 2nd run
13.8? I think on a first round loss to a Lightning (tliss):tu:

I'm sure there will be more posts on that later today and video tooknana

tliss
03-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Eric,
13.8? I think on a first round loss to a Lightning (tliss):tu:

I'm sure there will be more posts on that later today and video tooknana
:d :tu: :nana2 .

Where's the video?? I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet!! You camera guys are slacking.

Tom

03'svtlight
03-28-2004, 08:13 PM
:d :tu: :nana2 .

Where's the video?? I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet!! You camera guys are slacking.

Tom
:rll: :rll:

03'svtlight
03-28-2004, 08:16 PM
I just have the basics that put you in the 12's (programmer, #4 pulley, e-fans,). I know for a fact that a bone stock L' will give that truck ALL it can handle on the freeway, 1/4 mile, WHATEVER!!!! It doesn't make a bit of difference. YOU own the baddest truck on the block. :evil :evil

StormShadow
03-28-2004, 08:36 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/135TomvsSrt10-thumb.JPG

Tom busted one's ass too.

L8 APEX
03-28-2004, 09:14 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/135TomvsSrt10-thumb.JPG

Tom busted one's ass too.Was there a SRT10 truck dumb enough to get schooled at the track? Where was Rob when you need him:hammer: :crying:

tliss
03-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Was there a SRT10 truck dumb enough to get schooled at the track? Where was Rob when you need him:hammer: :crying:
First off...I'm glad to know you ae still alive. Nobody really knew if you survived your brawl with the Crown.:d

Second, yep, he showed. Rob was out there, but he didn't run any of the trucks in the class the SRT-10 was in. Mike and I ran in the 13.00-13.99 class, and the guy in the SRT-10 ended up in that class and paired with me. If Rob's truck was still around, he probably wouldn't have gotten a shot at him today anyway.

Hey, be happy. One of your monsters in progress let him have it....

Tom

03LightningRocks
03-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Was there a SRT10 truck dumb enough to get schooled at the track? Where was Rob when you need him:hammer: :crying:

Geeze Rob....don't make any sharp turns.....you'll break Terry's neck.

Rocks:rolleyes:

L8 APEX
03-28-2004, 09:38 PM
There was no brawl I am one with the Crown. I have mastered the Crown much like a twisty road course. The Crown is the goodness:bows

The fear would have spread quickly after Rob cracked off one of his famous low 11's in the SRT's presence. Did Ron smoke some 11's or still waiting on a tune?

02BOLT
03-28-2004, 09:40 PM
First off...I'm glad to know you ae still alive. Nobody really knew if you survived your brawl with the Crown.:d

Second, yep, he showed. Rob was out there, but he didn't run any of the trucks in the class the SRT-10 was in. Mike and I ran in the 13.00-13.99 class, and the guy in the SRT-10 ended up in that class and paired with me. If Rob's truck was still around, he probably wouldn't have gotten a shot at him today anyway.

Hey, be happy. One of your monsters in progress let him have it....

Tom
Congratulations Tom!knana That was just sweet! There were a handful of us standing under the tower watching you bust that a$$. You delivered nicely.:tu:

Thanks to Trai and Jeff. It was an honor to roll your sweetnesses down the track(even though I redlit in Jeff's and pretty much sucked the place up). It was still a blast, and just plain great to see everyone.:beer: Despite the fact that my baby is no longer with me, I still plan on hanging around, and am more than happy to lend a hand or offer advice whenever I can.

Awesome turnout today BTW!:eek2:

Later,
Rob

L8 APEX
03-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Geeze Rob....don't make any sharp turns.....you'll break Terry's neck.

Rocks:rolleyes:Yes I am going to miss the cleanest and fastest Lightning PR wrenched on. So hury up and go faster pops. Then at least you will be faster but we can give up on the cleaner part:rll:

03LightningRocks
03-28-2004, 10:26 PM
There was no brawl I am one with the Crown. I have mastered the Crown much like a twisty road course. The Crown is the goodness:bows

The fear would have spread quickly after Rob cracked off one of his famous low 11's in the SRT's presence. Did Ron smoke some 11's or still waiting on a tune?

Yeah Terry....keep running your head. You can't rewrite history no matter how hard you try. 11.81 with stock super charger...and stock block. I don't recall seeing any 11's being pumped out of that silver L while in the same configuration.....HMMMMMMM....do you?

Rocks:evil

Silver_2000
03-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Nice run Tom :tu: :tu: :tu:

I edited it a little ( hope you dont mind Ron) and hosted the vid here
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226tomspanks_srt10_sm.wmv

I put it in rocks gallery ...

Doug

02BOLT
03-29-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah Terry....keep running your head. You can't rewrite history no matter how hard you try. 11.81 with stock super charger...and stock block. I don't recall seeing any 11's being pumped out of that silver L while in the same configuration.....HMMMMMMM....do you?

Rocks:evilHey! It's not polite to smacktalk the deceased.:(

In all due respect my friend, I never tried. I went straight from a 4lb lower(heaton)/bolt-on set-up to the KB set-up. I feel confident that I had a strong running truck, and IF I had slapped a 6lb 'er with a "2"lb upper with the LT's and a good tune etc..etc..she may very well have cracked off an 11 or two UNDER THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES. She did run a 12.30 @ 109 with a 4lb 'er, chip, filter, and E-fan(on pump gas). HOWEVER....IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his a$$ when he hopped.:d

When I went to the KB, I still had the stock cat-pipe on the truck. That being said, she did bust off a string of 11.60's at 117mph with the KB(2lb lower/3" upper), and the addition of the LT's, on an otherwise STOCK longblock (PRIOR to the "built" lower end going in).

At any rate, MAD PROPS to you for the 11.81 on the STOCK heaton and longblock. There are very few people indeed who can make that claim. There are probably more 10 second L's out there than 11 second STOCK Heaton/Longblock trucks!:eek2: That is an awesome accomplishment.:bows

My truck WAS still cleaner!:evil

Later Senor,
Rob:tu:

03'svtlight
03-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey! It's not polite to smacktalk the deceased.:(

In all due respect my friend, I never tried. I went straight from a 4lb lower(heaton)/bolt-on set-up to the KB set-up. I feel confident that I had a strong running truck, and IF I had slapped a 6lb 'er with a "2"lb upper with the LT's and a good tune etc..etc..she may very well have cracked off an 11 or two UNDER THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES. She did run a 12.30 @ 109 with a 4lb 'er, chip, filter, and E-fan(on pump gas). HOWEVER....IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his a$$ when he hopped.:d

When I went to the KB, I still had the stock cat-pipe on the truck. That being said, she did bust off a string of 11.60's at 117mph with the KB(2lb lower/3" upper), and the addition of the LT's, on an otherwise STOCK longblock (PRIOR to the "built" lower end going in).

At any rate, MAD PROPS to you for the 11.81 on the STOCK heaton and longblock. There are very few people indeed who can make that claim. There are probably more 10 second L's out there than 11 second STOCK Heaton/Longblock trucks!:eek2: That is an awesome accomplishment.:bows

Later Senor,
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

my2002lightning
03-29-2004, 12:48 AM

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226TALONSpanksSRT10DB.wmv

DougThat's a GOOD looking red L at the end of that vid., Doug! :D

Good edit job on the vid.

Ronald

tliss
03-29-2004, 07:02 AM

Doug
Ahhhh yes....the money shot. Sweeeeeet. :rll: . Nice edit job!!!

Tom

my2002lightning
03-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Tom,

Have you been on here? http://www.srt10forum.com ? ;)
I'd be interested to see their reactions to your win. knana

Ronald

03LightningRocks
03-29-2004, 03:42 PM

Doug
Heck no, I don't mind......quite the opposite....I have been worried about my download space all day long...LOL.

Thanks Doug....it is much appreciated,

Ron

Edit******** I just watched the new versian....that is great...nice job:tu:

03LightningRocks
03-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey! It's not polite to smacktalk the deceased.:(

Later Senor,

There we go with the cleaner thing again....LOL. So I guess I have to detail the darned thing too????

Please don't take it that way Rob....I just needed to slap Terry around for a bit. The Crown was giving him "booze muscles".....:evil .

The fact of the matter is.....busting that SRT-10, couldn't have been done any better by any of our trucks....mine or yours. Masta Tom did a fine job, so neither you , nor I where needed......do you see the point I was trying to make now?

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
03-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey Doug,

I just realized that I may have misunderstood what you meant. I was thinking you had changed the links in the 2 threads I posted it on.....here and at F150online. I just noticed they are not changed.

Did you mind if I change the links to the one in my gallery??? I wasn't sure what to do next....LOL.

Thanks Doug,

Rocks

Silver_2000
03-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Hey Doug,

I just realized that I may have misunderstood what you meant. I was thinking you had changed the links in the 2 threads I posted it on.....here and at F150online. I just noticed they are not changed.

Did you mind if I change the links to the one in my gallery??? I wasn't sure what to do next....LOL.

Thanks Doug,
RocksI just added more credits to it - Ill upload the new version in a sec. Feel free to change the links. However - if you dont mind I will save 2 copies - A high quality one ( large ) for TALON and a lower quality ( smaller ) one for F150

That will help keep my bandwidth bills down ....

Doug

Silver_2000
03-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Here are both movies

PLEASE use the small one to post on other sites like F150 and save us the bandwidth costs - While we can enjoy the larger one

Small

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226tomspanks_srt10_sm.wmv

Large

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226tomspanks_srt10_lg.wmv

I added credit to Ron for taking the movie - moved the dila in info futher into the movie and added the time slip at the end

Doug

03LightningRocks
03-29-2004, 09:44 PM
OK Doug.....here is what I did. I used the smaller one and loaded at my sight. That is the link on F150online. My usage is due to reset in the next 4 or 5 days and I have alot of bandwidth left. I don't get to carry it over anyway....so I will use it until it runs out. There is an automatic shut down set up now that kills the download when it reaches my limit.

That should keep it off the Talon server for a few days. let's see what happens from there. The larger one for our use is on the Talon server:D .

Thanks,

Rocks:beer: