PDA

View Full Version : Mac ceramic coated headers?

mardyn
03-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I've got to buy some new headers for my Lightning 351 that's going in my GT350.... AFM has Mac 1.750" (short tube) ceramic coated for $314.00... sounds like a good price, pix look good, quality is suppossedly good too.... anybody have any thoughts or experience with Mac products or AFM? Your opinions please...

Also considering a Bassini X pipe to go along with the new headers.... talk to me...

mardyn

99WhiteBeast
03-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I've got to buy some new headers for my Lightning 351 that's going in my GT350.... AFM has Mac 1.750" (short tube) ceramic coated for $314.00... sounds like a good price, pix look good, quality is suppossedly good too.... anybody have any thoughts or experience with Mac products or AFM? Your opinions please...

Also considering a Bassini X pipe to go along with the new headers.... talk to me...

mardyn
That is the same stuff this guy specs (Mac) and he is highly regarded in the G1 community- your pirce looks right too
http://www.pickrelperformance.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=5_11&osCsid=4d12bd605c43735c91ccfd9a406c2fa8

mardyn
03-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Steve... again, I appreciate your input. My project is moving along, slowly but surely, I picked the car up from the chassis shop on Friday and it's now having the engine/trans extracted. The 351 is also getting a slight make over with a few new gaskets, 1.7 roller rockers, and valve covers. (The guys at Ford Racing convinced me to try the OEM Lightning cam with 1.7 RRs before going to the trouble to make the change out to a full roller cam) Any way, it's time to purchase some new headers and off road exhaust x pipe (my current H pipe still has four c/converters) and is in need of replacement.... since my car is a 69 model, I guess the converters are really not necessary (but they were conveinent (free) when I originally installed the late model power train...

btw.. this thing (Gen1 351 w/GT40 heads) requires pedestal mount rockers.. correct?

Thanks again.. :d
mardyn