PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problem or Normal ??

scott015
03-30-2004, 12:22 PM
hey guys, iv got a question. I never drove another L, so I dont have anything to compare it too... so im hopeing I can make this clear...

here is my problem (i just got chip reburned and everything seems fine, no weird noises, loss or boost, etc)

when i am cruising down the street and I just BARLEY tap on the gas pedal... i hear the SC whine, and the engine rev, but I dont speed up... the truck doesnt GOO (although im already driving).... it just kinda revs a little but i dont move... sorta like I threw it in neutral and reved it a little....

then, if i were to get on it a little more...say 1/4 or more... my boost guage jumps up to at least 8 and I hear all the whine and reving.... but I dont really get that JERK feeling.. the truck will accelerate... but not really what I think a 400hp truck should feel like....

then, if I give it full pedal to the metal WOT.... as soon as I am actually all the way down, i hear the SC scream and the engine rev, but I bet its AT LEAST a full second before I actually get that jerk and HOLD ON feeling... i mean, the power seems to be there and it definetly moves.... but its like its hesitating or delaying.... its not right away...

now, maybe this is normal and im just worring about nothing... guess im just used to driving a bike and when u just tap it... u better HOLD ON.... i just dont get that feeling at all on my truck... granted I know its not a bike.... but i just dont like the way it doesnt GOOOOO right when i press the gas

any thoughts or ideas???

cpeapea
03-30-2004, 06:38 PM
do the rpms jump when you goose it a little? and does your speed increase? does it downshift? if it doesnt downshift, and your speed doesnt change while your rpms jump, it would seem as if your tranny is slipping

scott015
03-30-2004, 06:41 PM
do the rpms jump when you goose it a little? and does your speed increase? does it downshift? if it doesnt downshift, and your speed doesnt change while your rpms jump, it would seem as if your tranny is slipping

the RPMS do increase.... but its not like i was really in neutral and punched it... they dont raise real high real fast...

when i just barley get on it, no it doenst really feel like im increasing in speed... but i guess its hard to tell... for me to really tell that its increasing speed, i need to get on it AT LEAST 1/4 of the way

yes it does downshift, but not by just a tappy tappy

Silver_2000
03-30-2004, 07:25 PM
the RPMS do increase.... but its not like i was really in neutral and punched it... they dont raise real high real fast...

when i just barley get on it, no it doenst really feel like im increasing in speed... but i guess its hard to tell... for me to really tell that its increasing speed, i need to get on it AT LEAST 1/4 of the way

yes it does downshift, but not by just a tappy tappyPoor mans way to test your stall speed - Try power braking the truck and see what rpms the tires break loose.

Im sure that others can give a better description of how to do it but that would tell you if the Torque converter has been changed or is malfunctioning.

mine is stock it breaks loose around 1200 rpm