PDA

View Full Version : Camping Trip Ho!

L8 APEX
03-31-2004, 09:53 PM
I am ready to go camping soon before the weather gets too hot. I am thinking about going to lake Murray, or even somewhere closer. I can bring my Mountain bike, dive gear, and of course Crown and his new friends:beer: . Who else is up for this...

StormShadow
03-31-2004, 09:55 PM
I am ready to go camping soon before the weather gets too hot. I am thinking about going to lake Murray, or even somewhere closer. I can bring my Mountain bike, dive gear, and of course Crown and his new friends:beer: . Who else is up for this...
Sounds fun. Where Tha Fuk is Lake Murray?

skalywags
03-31-2004, 11:42 PM
not bringing the 4-wheeler? I might be up for a trip, if I'm not racing TCCRA that weekend. I'd probably bring my mt bike and the dirt bike.

L8 APEX
03-31-2004, 11:49 PM
Murray is a pretty clear and cool lake in south Oklahoma. We may just do a local lake so day campers can come out and BBQ etc. I would just like to have better water than Joe Pool. Somehting like Possom Kingdom (Mineral Well area), Lake Travis Round Rock/Austin near Aggie Momknana ), Murray etc..

True Blue Aggie
03-31-2004, 11:55 PM
Aggie Mom is not a camper. She is cool, but she does not dig on the environment.

Now a river trip....that is something to set up! Comal or Guadalupe...that is fun!

L8 APEX
03-31-2004, 11:59 PM
The river will feel good later in the summer. :tu:

my2002lightning
04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Lake Murray is a NICE clean lake. I grew up just about 15 miles down the road in Madill. Texoma is nice too.

Many good times there. :D

Ronald

Aggie Mom
04-01-2004, 05:45 AM
Aggie Mom is not a camper. She is cool, but she does not dig on the environment.

Aggie Mom could be a camper. It just depends on the scenery! ;) The environment looks pretty good when there is a bottle of crown.

03'svtlight
04-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Aggie Mom could be a camper. It just depends on the scenery! ;) The environment looks pretty good when there is a bottle of crown.
:rll:

99WhiteBeast
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Mineral Wells SP is pretty cool- you've got the lake, some mountain biking trails, rock climbing and repelling.

Its only an hour west of the metromess.

L8 APEX
04-03-2004, 02:49 AM
I like the Mineral Wells location I rekon. I am busy the first and last weekends in may, April 23rd also. Anyone seen The Graduate lately?:D

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/Regular/10101000/10101614.jpg

mercbuff
04-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Terry know you are talking my wife and i bought this used pup tent a couple weeks ago we like to rough it.:tu:

L8 APEX
04-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Damn, you have to bring that thing to L Fest! Hey Steve do you have any web based info on MW park?

99WhiteBeast
04-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Damn, you have to bring that thing to L Fest! Hey Steve do you have any web based info on MW park?
here you go
http://www.texasoutside.com/northtexas/lakeminwellssp.htm

skalywags
04-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Terry know you are talking my wife and i bought this used pup tent a couple weeks ago we like to rough it.:tu:
Wow! I know someone who could use a puptent like that! I couls invite you out on a camping trip everyother weekend, some real garden spots like Kilgore (next weekend), jacksboro, Bells, Antelope Hills, Crafton, Pittsburg (TX), Brtson, and the list goes on. Stinkbug most likely would like to be invirted too, since these camping trips would be for the Cross country races (dirt bikes), fun for the whole family!

mercbuff
04-04-2004, 12:11 AM
i used to do the dirt bike thang but if i tryed to do it now i wouldnt be able to walk for about a week . i prefer in my old age to start a fire drink a couple of cold ones and and flip the burgers :beer:

skalywags
04-04-2004, 11:02 AM
i used to do the dirt bike thang but if i tryed to do it now i wouldnt be able to walk for about a week . i prefer in my old age to start a fire drink a couple of cold ones and and flip the burgers :beer:Ok, that would work, you cpould bring the pup tent, flip the burgers, I'd even supply the beer! If you were to watch at all, I'm sur i would end up priviing some entertainment as well, i getting better at this stuff but still pull off some pretty bone-headed moves that seem to entertain the masses! Just giving you some weekend options to put the pup-tent to use! :beer: knana

mardyn
04-04-2004, 11:56 AM
It'll be tough to get mercbuff to go anywhere that all us poor ole' gearheads are gonna' congregate... he runs with a pretty affluent gang with all those high dollar motor coaches... He didn't show us the picture of the rear "garage" on his new motorhome that opens up to reveal a BMW Mini (or a couple if high dollar motorcycles) parked inside.... that way he can tow the Lightningc or the H2 and still have the Mini so us poor folks can ride too...

Oh well, if ya got it, flaunt it!
mardyn :d

mercbuff
04-04-2004, 07:00 PM
yea you said rich buddy you are the riches buddy i have you have a 3000 square ft house paid for in cash and a 300 acre ranch in east texas paid for and building a new 8 thousand sq. ft house on the ranch and retired out of the boat business and stay at home at the age of 48 are is it 49 and all i can do is only ask my banker how long he can strech the bank note out to get those payments were i can afford them .:hammer:
p.s. lets talk about your toys you took a great shelby mustang and that carrol shelby put his heart and soul in torn it apart :nono:
now i thought buddys wernt suppose to talk about money and i hummer? you know i wont drive anything but a ford and what happen to jr. today his chevy let him down glad to see a ford win the nascar race knana

mardyn
04-06-2004, 10:34 AM
mercbuff.... you can pretend all you want to... and you can ditz on me to your hearts content... but you've gone too far this time...

Carroll Shelby had about as much to do with my car as he did with your Lightning. By 1969, Ford had all but given Shelby the boot, my car was designed by Ford styling engineers, built on the Ford Assembly line by Ford employees at the Ford factory... I rescued it from a salvage yard and rebuilt it myself to bring it closer to current automotive standards of the day..

Shelby may have once been a shining light in Ford's inventory, but his recent actions involving petty law suits and prostituting his name on everything from Chili to Dog Wax has cost him his reputation... atleast in my book....

btw... When we're crusin' in Vernon later this year, I'm gonna turn the A/C on your side down to low... so you can suffer for your comments... :nono:
mardyn

L8 APEX
04-06-2004, 11:05 AM
How about the May 1st or 15th weekends?

99WhiteBeast
04-06-2004, 11:28 AM
How about the May 1st or 15th weekends?
I vote for the 1st the 15th won't work for me.

mercbuff
04-07-2004, 06:44 PM
mardyn :banned i am going to get doug to ban your a$$ for your comments about carroll shelby you no owning lightning fan ! i bet you come over here and stir shi! up because the shelby fourm has already band you ? :banana: when we go to the big cruise this year if you cut my airconditioning off on my side of the car you will have to sleep in steve mason's motor home . Bitc*

Terry see what you started we used to be buddies :evil

mercbuff
04-07-2004, 06:46 PM
mardyn by the way the next time you borrow my motorcycle to go down to daytona bike week dont bring it back with flat spots on the tires:nono:

L8 APEX
04-07-2004, 09:09 PM
You two jerkys need to quit hijacking the thread:bs . So Say it is the 1st of May. Do we go out on Friday night and come back Sunday? I guess bring food, shelter, radio, Crown and more Crown. Mountain bike, scuba gear, and frisbee. The main goal is to do a bunch of nothing mixed in with a little something. I have a nice one person tent, but it could be a two person for the right person:twitch: . Steve get us a map, website or whatever and make it work:tu:

L8 APEX
04-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Here is the website I may run out there and scope it out.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/lakemine/
Sounds like a cool place. I just want a place for a fire:evil

skalywags
04-10-2004, 02:55 AM
I could be up for this. either weekend is fine.

L8 APEX
04-12-2004, 12:45 AM
FFW Houston is the 1st is that going to affect anyone wanting to camp?