PDA

View Full Version : 500 Horse Power Club

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 05:48 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226File0001.jpgWe are still working out the tune, but the truck is looking to be a beast. The darned thing is running pig rich and the timing is a bit low at 16. Mike feels good that we can get another 25 H.P. out of it by getting the fuel ratio in line and the timing may have some room also. The SCT is the shitz....

Here is a dyno from today using 18 lbs of boost.

Rocks:nana2

L1nt2B
04-08-2004, 05:53 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
holly crap!

L8 APEX
04-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Tell him Outrageuos Performance got 532/627 months ago:D . Point that thing is a safe direction:tu:

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Tell him Outrageuos Performance got 532/627 months ago:D . Point that thing is a safe direction:tu:
Really...........what dyno was that at?

Sixpipes
04-08-2004, 06:14 PM
That's 2.34 X my Gen I rwhp. Looks like you are in the club all by yourself. :eek: But..... it don't mean a thing in bracket racing. :evil

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 06:22 PM
That's 2.34 X my Gen I rwhp. Looks like you are in the club all by yourself. :eek: But..... it don't mean a thing in bracket racing. :evil

Boy....aint that the truth!:tu:

Sixpipes
04-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Ron,

On the serious side, you obviously will have to add a cage with that kind of grunt. Unless you plan on running it way detuned which would not seem like a reasonable option for the $$$ spent. So what gives? :cool:

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Ron,

On the serious side, you obviously will have to add a cage with that kind of grunt. Unless you plan on running it way detuned which would not seem like a reasonable option for the $$$ spent. So what gives? :cool:
Funny you mention this. I figured I have 3 options. I can either make my mark by getting thrown off of every track FFW runs at this year. Detune the truck so it stays 12 plus. Get a fricking ugly arse cage.

I am still pondering it all. I plan to do the heads and cams this fall. I suppose a cage is definetly in my future. Do you have any suggestions?

Terry Hogg has this really cool cage...it is hidden in the liner above the cab:eek: . I know it must be official...he told the old bag at Ennis it was there and she believed it:rll: .

Sixpipes
04-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I've seen some nice cages that have either swing-out bars or bars over the doors that can be removed altogether. But to me, the worst part about the cage is the supports that go through the back window. If you could somehow avoid that eyesore, the rest I could live with. :cool:

StormShadow
04-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Holy **** thats badass Ron. U still gonna let Howard rip her down the track? If so then you can call me Howard.

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I've seen some nice cages that have either swing-out bars or bars over the doors that can be removed altogether. But to me, the worst part about the cage is the supports that go through the back window. If you could somehow avoid that eyesore, the rest I could live with. :cool:

The bars coming out of the back are my pet peive also. I don't know that there is any way to avoid it....NHRA rules for how it must be built. Crap...I wonder how that is going to affect my hard cover.

I looked at the way Donsbolt had his done. The bars that go down to the floor are recessed down into the floor so that when they are out, there is no stub sticking up.

I think I like the bars that swing out....as long as they can be removed when not racing.

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Holy **** thats badass Ron. U still gonna let Howard rip her down the track? If so then you can call me Howard.

LOL........I am sure we can work something out:D

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I just had one of my deep thoughts:hammer: . Ya know, about 2 months ago I posted a dyno getting 465 H.P. with a stock block and ported super charger.

This is only a 60 H.P. improvement.....it's not all that much:rolleyes: .

Rocks:evil

Silver_2000
04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
I just had one of my deep thoughts:hammer: . Ya know, about 2 months ago I posted a dyno getting 465 H.P. with a stock block and ported super charger.
This is only a 60 H.P. improvement.....it's not all that much:rolleyes: .
Rocks:evil
LOL :hammer: :hammer:

03'svtlight
04-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Very nice Uncle Rocks!!!!! I bet you could hook up a boat and trailer and still kick my arse. :cool: I gotta stop by Performance Research and do some shopping. :beer: <---Thats me and the owner @PR toasting to a grip I just spent with him. And you know whats in the glass. :D

TP Derrick D
04-08-2004, 08:42 PM
The bars coming out of the back are my pet peive also. I don't know that there is any way to avoid it....NHRA rules for how it must be built. Crap...I wonder how that is going to affect my hard cover.

I looked at the way Donsbolt had his done. The bars that go down to the floor are recessed down into the floor so that when they are out, there is no stub sticking up.

I think I like the bars that swing out....as long as they can be removed when not racing.
Rocks,
I don't know the guy name that has the Silver (road course?) truck with all the stickers and 2 hi-beam lights in the front that came to the photo shoot but the cage in his truck was very nice even I could live with that one. You may already know about him (and it )but if you don't maybe he can be tracked down and take a look - see . I think Rob talked to him.

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Very nice Uncle Rocks!!!!! I bet you could hook up a boat and trailer and still kick my arse. :cool: I gotta stop by Performance Research and do some shopping. :beer: <---Thats me and the owner @PR toasting to a grip I just spent with him. And you know whats in the glass. :D

Get a ported blower or a Kenne Bell......that will satisfy your need for speed for a month or so...LOL.

Rocksknana

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Rocks,
I don't know the guy name that has the Silver (road course?) truck with all the stickers and 2 hi-beam lights in the front that came to the photo shoot but the cage in his truck was very nice even I could live with that one. You may already know about him (and it )but if you don't maybe he can be tracked down and take a look - see . I think Rob talked to him.
I can barely remember his cage from the photo shoot. I was thinking he had a full cage that had a bar going across the front of the cab.

I will check into it.....thanks Derrick:beer:

Band
04-08-2004, 09:00 PM
To my knowledge there are 2 types of cages:
1. Roll bars + supports = bars through back glass. ei. PSP truck
2. Roll cage = all internal to the cab. ei. One Lap of America truck

I don't know if you can use the roll cage on the 1/4 tracks. I belive the roll bars like Don's bolt runs around $2300..

I personally like the bars coming through the back glass. Street challengers will just :bows down...

Very nice dyno numbers!

TP Derrick D
04-08-2004, 09:15 PM
I can barely remember his cage from the photo shoot. I was thinking he had a full cage that had a bar going across the front of the cab.

I will check into it.....thanks Derrick:beer:

I think maybe it did Rocks, but I KNOW the bars did not stick out the back windows. Thats what caught my attention the most.

02BOLT
04-08-2004, 09:33 PM
I wanna ride...I wanna ride!!:banana: Congratulations Bro! That Mike Troyer knows his stuff! Those are some AWESOME numbers, and at a PHAT A/F to boot. Have fun my friend.:beer:

Later,
Rob

my2002lightning
04-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Uncle Rocks,
Congrats on the HP/TQ #s! :beer:

You know that Ed and the One Lap of America Truck resides in PLANO, right ? :D

Here's what I have of the L from the event ... Amazing machine!:bows

Ronald

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-031F1.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-026F1.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-025F1.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-022F1.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-021F1.JPG

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 10:50 PM
I appreciate that Ronald:beer: .

I see what Derrick meant about it not coming out the back. I wonder if you can get away with that since the cage is a whole cage and not just a roll bar.

Thanks Again:tu:

Rocks:nana2

03LightningRocks
04-08-2004, 11:00 PM
I wanna ride...I wanna ride!!:banana: Congratulations Bro! That Mike Troyer knows his stuff! Those are some AWESOME numbers, and at a PHAT A/F to boot. Have fun my friend.:beer:

Later,
Rob

I would love nothing more than to have you drive it down the track:beer: .

The A/F is not where it is suppose to be:crying: . It is suppose to be holding around 11.5.

I have 6 dyno runs data logged that I have to put on a spread sheet so Mike can make the proper adjustments.

One of the reasons I asked you about the gaps was to see if it may be a possible flame front blow out issue. This would cause it not to burn completely and thus show rich A/F's.

The MAF is peaking out at 5 volts at about 5000 RPMS.

So I have some work to do yet.......I hope to heck it can be put right with the tuning...........otherwise I will have to do a bigger MAF.

We'll get her there......it just has to be darned quick. I leave for Atlanta next week:hammer: .

Rocks:beer:

cpeapea
04-09-2004, 05:53 AM
great numbers there ron, i cant wait to see it run down the track!

QIK KAT
04-09-2004, 04:54 PM
I got something for you, and its not hp its all looks baby:bs

cpeapea
04-09-2004, 05:30 PM
yea ron, you should put an all show and no go sticker on, lol

03LightningRocks
04-10-2004, 01:24 AM
yea ron, you should put an all show and no go sticker on, lol

I don't think Terry would allow me an all show sticker...not after he spotted the Starbucks Mocha stains all over the cup holder of the center arm rest. Then he bitched at me about my 50lbs of tire rubber on the fenders. Ther where a few other offenses...I can't remember them all.

P.S. I have no idea what Nicks post is about. I think it is some kind of code or something. Maybe he is signaling to an Arab terrorist cell or something....

Rocks:tu: