PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else got some memories to drown?

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Funny thing about getting older the less you remember about now and the more you remember about long ago:hammer: :beer:

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Tonights entertainment is brought to you by Crown and the fine folks behind the brew:beer: . Our project of the night is a photo album. A photo album isn't one of those things a guy brags about working on like a truck or boat. But sooner or later you have to do something to remind yourself of how great and or stupid you were:tu: So take a sip or two and here we go!

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 01:25 AM
WHo the heck thought up these self adhesive photo pages? Kind of neat I guess. Except I don't like the fact it only holds two pics per page:hammer: . I tried my Crown on ice and I think I like it straight up shot style instead. We'll start with three quick ones and go from there. Going through some good dune riding pic right now. Jumping bonfires at 3amknana
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15dunes.jpg

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 01:36 AM
Ahh it is kicking in good now kind of like when you are in the hospital and they put a drug in your IV.. Anyway, here are some pic of my old Tahoe SS. Of course it lacked power for my liking so I added a little head and cam pkg and took it to Fastchip for a dyno tuneknana Gold race roller rockers, Edelbrock aluminum heads!

These damn pictures are about as clear as my vision right now:D
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15tahoemotor.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15tahoespeedo.jpg

AKRed02
04-11-2004, 01:43 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15tahoespeedo.jpg
These damn pictures are about as clear as my vision right now:DROFLMAO :rll: :beer:

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 01:44 AM
Damn, I think th e pictures are gitting a littrle crooked on the pagez now:hammer: . Oh well suppose to be non damamgin sticky stuff

AKRed02
04-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Maybe you would be safer at this point playing your guitar and singing in your BVD's. ;)

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 01:56 AM
Note to self 4 shots in an hour is a little much. Better stay sitting down now:beer: . On to my diving career! Here are pics of me diving the Graveyard of the orth atlantic. The U352 German suba anmogn many other wrecks in 130+ ft of seawater. The Papoose was a breeding ground for Tigersharks! This is back when I had the time to have fun!knana

I pucked the whoel first day form sea sickness butnever mised a dive! It totally clears once you hit the water!
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15diving.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15MVC-005F1.JPG
They should give you an internet sobriety test I could parse that one!
Check out the ruff water we were catching the ladder up in! You had to time it jsut right or the boat would come down and bash your head in!
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15MVC-006F1.JPG

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Damn I am kaming some progress now! I can't count the page but I got some done:beer: . Here are some cheesy shots from when I had a classic comb over haircut. Here is my dog 5-7 years ago. I loved my TAhoe and that dog! I called him my bad mother Fer'! I like the dog he deosnt say anyting about the drinking. I think he likes it since I stay up late with him!
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15MVC-007F1.JPG

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 02:37 AM
I be damn if the last pictures I come along are of the EX! These are from a dive trip at St Thomas. The main reason behind my dirking problem! Why did 6 motnths with her have to affect the rest of my life! die bitch die or at least the memory of!:crying: Though they may have been the best 6 months of it. But catching them on the rebound rarely ever works:hammer: .
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15The_ex6-med.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15The_ex5-med.jpg
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15The_Ex41-med.jpg

L8 APEX
04-11-2004, 03:11 AM
Well I can't hold enough Crown to drovwn her ememroary tonight... Later fellas:beer: :crying: :tu:

blueoval01
04-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Well I can't hold enough Crown to drovwn her ememroary tonight... Later fellas:beer: :crying: :tu: Terry, you keep this up and you'll be convincing yourself that if you shave your whole body, you'll increase productivity. And if THAT happens, Tom (among others) will be gouging out their eyes at the sheer thought of that. :eek:
See how your actions effect your friends? :nono:
Perfect example: :vomit:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/485GasGrill-med.jpg

Silver_2000
04-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Terry,

Drinking isnt going to make any of that any better.

Trust me I know..

Doug

Logan
04-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Sure it does... You're such a liar Doug. Don't listen to 'em Terry. Drink, Drink, Drink.

dboat
04-11-2004, 08:18 PM
It reminds of a line from a very famous movie.. "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"... only to have another line in the movie.... "Hey you f'd up, you trusted us" :evil :evil

Dana

tliss
04-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Terry,

Drinking isnt going to make any of that any better.

Trust me I know..

Doug
It probably won't make any of it better, but it sure makes for some interesting reading on the boards!

On a serious note, Terry, chicks are not worth putting yourself through torment. Your job as a guy is to jump from woman to woman, getting the goods and getting out. When it's time to settle down, you'll know. In the meantime, have fun, get yours and cool out. As soon as sh!t went south with my exes I was out of there. I wonder what could have been every once in a while, but most of the times I'm just happy I got out while I still could. Think about it this way, sooner or later your bound to find something out about one of her decisions that'll make it better. One of my exes and I broke up, and since then she has had two kids by two different guys (no, niether of those kids are mine), is a single parent, when she puts on a red dress all the kids yell "Hey Kool Aid" (Shamu ain't got nothin' on this chick now) and is now on welfare! Take that...! Needless to say I bailed at the right time.

Tom

tliss
04-11-2004, 08:22 PM
It reminds of a line from a very famous movie.. "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"... only to have another line in the movie.... "Hey you f'd up, you trusted us" :evil :evil

Dana
Ahhh, my college days. Gotta love that time in my life, where my favorite professors were Dr. Jack Daniels and Dr. James B. Beam. Can't forget Professor Jose Cuervo. Those were the days!!

Tom

my2002lightning
04-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Terry,

I spent 8 years with my last gf, Jennifer, whom friends/family didn't really care for since they all sort of thought she was controlling, etc.

It sort of started sinking in, we started drifting apart (she moved back to OK. to take care of her ailing mother) and I told her I was "shopping around" and told her she might start doing the same.
Time went by and I went ape-sh#t with partying and women. knanaI remember one night partying at the pool with all my party buddies, the girls and playing pool volleyball.

We're partying, playing pool volleyball and I lookup and I see the sun rising in THE EAST! :eek2: Time flies when your having fun, evidently!

Keep your chin up, start hanging out where the hotties frequent, get "on the market" and get GAME. It sounds corny, but it worked for me! :d

You get a post-ex "score" or two under your belt and you'll forget the ex, trust me! knana

On another note, I spent 5 1/2 years in undergrad degrees and law-school before I went into IT. That's time out of my life better spent elsewhere and $40-$50K of mine and the parent's money we'll never see.:hammer:

"It's not the years ... it's the miles."

Ronald

03LightningRocks
04-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Terry,

Snip..........
On another note, I spent 5 1/2 years in undergrad degrees and law-school before I went into IT. That's time out of my life better spent elsewhere and $40-$50K of mine and the parent's money we'll never see.:hammer:

Ronald

50k!!!!!!.......for 5 1/2 years of college....some of that in law-school!!!!

Wow....tuition has really gone up in the last couple years. My son has been at UT Austin for 1 year, and I am down 18-20k, already. I try not to even think about what it is going to cost me when he hits Harvard school of law in 3 more years.

Rocks:eek2:

Crawford
04-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Terry,

Every minute you spend thinking about your EX is a minute of your life that you waste. You cant waste time thinking about the past because that is something you cant change. The future on the other hand is what you make of it. If you are going to spend your future thinking about the past your life isnt going to go anywhere. Terry, dust yourself off and get back on the horse buddy... **** happens and there is a TON of women out there. Now go kick some ass man!

my2002lightning
04-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Rocks,

Yep, Univ. of OK. Law School was $36K alone, I remember! And those were OK. resident rates back in 96'-'97.

I have completed Political Science / Economics double-majors with a minor in Russian, too which I would've never gone that route if I'd gone IT from the start.

So, yes, probably closer to $50K - maybe over. I don't know for sure. I try not to think about it all. :hammer:

Ronald

50k!!!!!!.......for 5 1/2 years of college....some of that in law-school!!!!

Wow....tuition has really gone up in the last couple years. My son has been at UT Austin for 1 year, and I am down 18-20k, already. I try not to even think about what it is going to cost me when he hits Harvard school of law in 3 more years.

Rocks:eek2:

LonghornLightning
04-13-2004, 10:16 AM
ouch Ron. hehe Next year gonna cost me about...ehh living and everything no more than 15k, I just need to land some of that financial aid(grants/scholarships). I have a feeling i'll be able to get most of my school taken care of due to the situation I came from, and I won't complain about a few years of free schooling ;p

..you/your son fill out a FAFSA?

(Atleast A&M is finally suckering in too, they're jacking up tuition after saying they wouldn't..)

PS-the part that cost the most $ down here is the living in my opinion, could have probably gone to a&m for about 4-6k cheaper a year

03LightningRocks
04-13-2004, 09:01 PM
ouch Ron. hehe Next year gonna cost me about...ehh living and everything no more than 15k, I just need to land some of that financial aid(grants/scholarships). I have a feeling i'll be able to get most of my school taken care of due to the situation I came from, and I won't complain about a few years of free schooling ;p

..you/your son fill out a FAFSA?

(Atleast A&M is finally suckering in too, they're jacking up tuition after saying they wouldn't..)

PS-the part that cost the most $ down here is the living in my opinion, could have probably gone to a&m for about 4-6k cheaper a year
Tuition went up almost 30 percent this semester.

As far as freebies go...I don't fit in any of the "proper" catagories.

Rocks

True Blue Aggie
04-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Neither did I (fit into freebies) and that was with a one income single mom.....I have a few choice opinions on financial aid (grants and scholarships) and who receives it.....So now I have loans....lots of them!

But the one good cost at A&M was the rent. My senior year - 98 - my rent was $162.50 for a two bedroom, one bath. That was half the rent. Bills were not much more....but my wife swears I lived in the worst apartments in town.
Worked for me though :tu:

03LightningRocks
04-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Neither did I (fit into freebies) and that was with a one income single mom.....I have a few choice opinions on financial aid (grants and scholarships) and who receives it.....So now I have loans....lots of them!

I have formed some of the same opinions on financial aid. I think the key word that screws us is, WORKING. I believe you have to sit around and watch TV while you wait for your Government Check every month. Then you qualify for financial aid.

Rocks:nono:

L8 APEX
04-13-2004, 11:24 PM
My brother is going through about 15K a year at UT the last 4 years. A buddy of mine finally grduated A&M in 02 with a $40K total in student loans.

LonghornLightning
04-13-2004, 11:40 PM
yeah this semester I spent a little more than 7k for living/food/school...and i'm living in a private dorm, could have saved 1k living in UT dorm, but I might as well enjoy it ;)

PS: I spent a year and a half at junior college taking basics (blockbuster paid for full time employees..2k a year so JC was free at collin county community college..they paid me back for it, and all the credits transferrred so I saved a TON. If my mom wouldn't have passed away I would have went to UNT, which has the same tuition as UT, it just costs a LOT more to live in Austin than Denton, and I wanted to get away.) Make your kid take classes at quad C in the summer ;), i'll be there saving $

-Hook 'Em Horns

blueoval01
04-14-2004, 03:02 PM
:eek: Those look like Crown Royal legs to me .......
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/514/317DSC01437-med.JPG