PDA

View Full Version : The Z06 is calling.

L8 APEX
07-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Ever since that post and commercials on 0% interest anything Chevrolet I have been looking around. But it is still the same decision I made when it was L or Vette over a year ago. The vette is to single purpose and not enough return on investment. Another thought is knowing how much I modify stuff that a Z06 would retain few Z06 parts. The fancy stock red brakes would be replaced by the real brakes:D I do not like the Z06 seats they don't have the support or the headrest hole for harnesses that regular C5 sport seats do:confused: I like the Tremec trans. The rear brake ducts must be removed/modified to run a wider wheel pkg. I also like the coupe body better than the hard top. The reasons I would buy one is to build a 700+HP 230mph or so super street fighter that would tame Vipers-Supras drag or road race. I have built some good contacts with the GM factory C5-R race team that would be more that happy to help me out:tu: I did the math on a 98 coupe with 50K miles @$20K then a 735HP motor, brakes, harness, wheels, etc. another $35K. So for just over the price of a stock Z06 I would have a C5 supercar! Oh well that idea will live on paper for a while:rolleyes:

devildog92
07-11-2002, 11:10 AM
My pal just flew to Baton Rouge to pick up his Blue Z06 a few months ago on the first round of the financing wars. He loves it, and with just one or two mods he is in the 11's.

Ivanhoe_Farms
07-11-2002, 10:14 PM
You should be able to build a COBRA kit car that will kick a Z06s A$$ or something:twitch:

Razor
07-16-2002, 01:04 AM
You fellas must be loaded. I can take a $2000 90 Stang and only drop 10K and turn mid to low 10's. But a Z06 would be nice....on a 200 shot. LOL

devildog92
07-16-2002, 09:58 AM
You could do what I am doing. I bought a '87 GT a yr ago for $1400, and I am putting a 600hp FI windsor in it, and thats before the ATI. Why do you think I have not went crazy on the L thus far LOL ;)

L8 APEX
07-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Anybody can piece together some sraight line speed. I am talking a high tech, supreme handling supercar that would rival the best in the business such a Lingenfelter, Rippey, Mallet, MTI. 15" brembo's all the way around, supercharged, coil over suspension, HRE wheels, body kit, 6pt cage w/ harnesses. Low 10sec quarters or better and 1G+ on the skidpad:tu:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention 25+MPG and will pass emissions:D

Silver_2000
07-16-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Anybody can piece together some sraight line speed. I am talking a high tech, supreme handling supercar that would rival the best in the business such a Lingenfelter, Rippey, Mallet, MTI. 15" brembo's all the way around, supercharged, coil over suspension, HRE wheels, body kit, 6pt cage w/ harnesses. Low 10sec quarters or better and 1G+ on the skidpad:tu:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention 25+MPG and will pass emissions:D

As Ivan mentioned a $18,000 kit car with about 12k of parts will do ALL THAT and weigh in at 2300 lbs.

So lets see 30k for a 2300 lb rocket. Since it weighs 1000 lbs less than the chevy every hp added and every handling mod has 1/3 more effect....

Hmm wonder what would have happened if the market hadnt crashed...

Doug

L8 APEX
07-16-2002, 09:10 PM
The Cobra kit would be cool but is not my cup O' tea. I prefer the sleek aerodynamics of the vette body. Cruise, A/C, CD player, dual power seats. Yeah if you would have done it earlier it would be an awesome toy by now:tu: