PDA

View Full Version : Monitor is real dark

00Bolt
04-12-2004, 05:27 PM
got a question... iv got 3 computers here at work and one of them is a new computer, but hooked up to an old school monitor... anyway, the screen is real dark... on certain things I cant even see....

anyway, i adjusted the brightness, etc on the monitor itself (has some buttons on the front) but how do I adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue, etc in windows??? computer has windows xp and i looked all through control panel and cant find a way to do it... i remember it being possible with the last version on windows...

thanks

PoorSvtman
04-12-2004, 06:48 PM
You should be able to do all that with the buttons on the front.

blueoval01
04-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Your right, Mike.
Unless the monitor is actually going out.
In which case a new one is in order, and Terry will only be doing 2/3rd's of an exhaust. :evil

PoorSvtman
04-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Your right, Mike.
Unless the monitor is actually going out.
In which case a new one is in order, and Terry will only be doing 2/3rd's of an exhaust. :evil

LOL.

But scott just play with the buttons on the front of the monitor.

Mr.Ed
04-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Being an old tv man sounds to me like the tube is weak. The only way to add brightness other than the controls on the front is to adjust the sub-brightness on the flyback transformer. That is inside on the circuit board. Sometine they make it accessable through the back through a small hole on the back on one side or the other. It will say Brit and the other hole will say focus. If they aren't there it's time to go shopping.

Ed

Silver_2000
04-12-2004, 08:02 PM
If you video card software has a GAMMA adjustment that would make it appear brighter.. Some DONT

Doug