PDA

View Full Version : Burago 1:18 scale models

Red2002
07-11-2002, 11:22 AM
I've been on the hunt for these since I bought my L awhile back.

I've got the red and silver. Has anyone found a black?

Yellow exists! I was at Wal-Mart (yeah, yeah, insert joke here) on 2181 in Hickory Creek. Never thinking that Burago made a yellow L, I had to do a double take. Sure enough it's a Burago. I was unaware that any such color existed for the model Lightnings. Needless to say I bought that sucker.

Anyone else have a yellow one? :banana:

tliss
07-11-2002, 12:40 PM
I've got two silvers and one red at home and I am still in search of a black one as well. I know they are out there I just can't find them. One thing I would like to get (but I don't belevie they make them) is an '01.

Tom

L8 APEX
07-11-2002, 12:43 PM
Mine is a silver 99' and they weren't even silver trucks in 99:rolleyes: I think Moonshine has a yellow:tu:

Logan
07-11-2002, 12:51 PM
I have a black one... :)

:banana:

I got mine at the hobby lobby on FM1171 in Lewisville...

Moonshine
07-11-2002, 02:18 PM
My yellow one is an Anson 1:24. Burago never advertised making a white L., so I bought a red one, stripped the paint, and had it painted white. Then I discovered that Burago does make a white L, they just don't call it a L. They call it the Wavehopper or Waverunner, or something like that, but it comes with some funky blue and green stripes and two jet skis on a trailer. However, the vehicle is a white L. Saw it at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago.

tliss
07-11-2002, 02:20 PM
OooOooOooo!!!

Ima gonna stop at Hobby Lobby in Allen on the way home and check it out.....

Hey, wait a minute, for what reason would you be going to Hobby Lobby, Logan?? Picking up some yarn to make a blankie or something? :confused:

Tom

L8 APEX
07-11-2002, 04:37 PM
I didn't know Hobby Lobby carried wool free hypo-allergenic yarn:D I think he was there stocking up on lettter and number building blocks so his kids can grow up SMRT or something:d

Logan
07-11-2002, 05:15 PM
Hmmm... Watch it, or I drop sardines down your cowl vents...

Think about the implications of that for a moment or two...

Did that to a teacher that ****ed me off in high school... I don't think he ever did get the smell out of the car...

andy_cain
07-11-2002, 09:54 PM
I have one now, and one that should be here tomorrow....check Ebay and email the people who have the other colors, ask them if they have the black 1/18 that's how I found both of my Black ones. Both were about $30.00 shipped priority:D

Ripster
07-19-2002, 09:42 PM
Try a web site www.exoticar.com. I have not looked since I bought my L, but they have alot of unique models.

devildog92
07-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Exoticar.com does have'um. Just put my order in tonight. Get them while they're hot!