PDA

View Full Version : 97 Lightning Expedition

GeeAnEnigma
04-13-2004, 04:43 PM
This is my 1997 4x4 EB Ford Expedition that I did a Lightning Conversion on.

http://www.ftwtrucks.com/GeeForcePerformance/

Let me know what you think.... :cool:

Wht95Lightning
04-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Lookin' good neighbor :beer: . You got it done a lot faster than I thought you would. Seems like just yesterday I saw it go in the garage when I was driving by.
Next time I get the L out I'll have to swing by and check it out.

Didn't you say you had a Lightning inst cluster too? I didn't see a pic of that.

GeeAnEnigma
04-13-2004, 06:34 PM
It's not completely done, I am still working on the guage pod for all the Autometer guages. I actually did have a lightning cluster for it and decided not to install it. The HEC module would have mandated that I replace all the interior electonrics, IE Air BAgs, Air Bag Modules, GEMS, Etc. The only thing that I would have gained was a zero mile odometer 140 MPH Speedo and a boost guage that I didn't care for anyway... So the short Version is, it was easier to stick with the old one. Did your other half tell you about the next project on the plate ? Drop by when you see the garage door open, and I'll let you in on our next :tu: SkunkWorks Project.... I'll leave you with this hint... Eleanore on STEROIDS. :evil

Wht95Lightning
04-13-2004, 07:00 PM
OOOH I guess she forgot to tell me. I'll be sure to stop next time I see the door up.

Having to change airbags with the cluster certainly is a bit much. Maybe somebody makes a white face panel for the expi cluster.

blueoval01
04-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Nice stuff, but it still ain't no Lightning. :confused:

PoorSvtman
04-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Looks good. :tu: :tu:

Nuhklz
04-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Looks good. :tu: :tu:

Ditto

GeeAnEnigma
04-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Mark,

Your Right "it aint no Lightning", and as it turns out, your "Lightning aint no Expedition'...

You have a great looking truck. A truck that will do some things that mine can't.... I respect that, if you had wanted an 4x Expedition... I'm sure you would have bought one. If I had wanted the best go fast truck on the planet, I would have bought a Lightning.... My situation is one that I needed something that hualed asses around... (6 asses to be exact). My want was something that hualed ass. I did what any self respecting Motor Head would have done... Built the best of both worlds. While my truck "Aint no Lightning" one thing that I can say: There "aint" another truck like mine around. Let us both Respect and Relish that we both drive NICE best of our respective worlds Fords.

Scott

Nuhklz
04-14-2004, 07:03 AM
BTW, I like your screen name. It puzzles me.

:0fftopic

blueoval01
04-14-2004, 08:02 AM
........ and as it turns out, your "Lightning aint no Expedition'... ...... LOL, True .. :cool:

....... Let us both Respect and Relish that we both drive NICE best of our respective worlds Fords.
.... Agreed ...:tu:

cpeapea
04-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Mark,

Your Right "it aint no Lightning", and as it turns out, your "Lightning aint no Expedition'...

You have a great looking truck. A truck that will do some things that mine can't.... I respect that, if you had wanted an 4x Expedition... I'm sure you would have bought one. If I had wanted the best go fast truck on the planet, I would have bought a Lightning.... My situation is one that I needed something that hualed asses around... (6 asses to be exact). My want was something that hualed ass. I did what any self respecting Motor Head would have done... Built the best of both worlds. While my truck "Aint no Lightning" one thing that I can say: There "aint" another truck like mine around. Let us both Respect and Relish that we both drive NICE best of our respective worlds Fords.

Scott
Werd.

I love it man!

StormShadow
04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
I think thats pretty awesome. :tu:

WA 2 FST
04-14-2004, 07:41 PM
I think it's cool.

When I bought our '00 Expy new, my wife said I couldn't touch it. I told her I wouldn't do anything to the engine.;) She was good with that. After all she'd seen my hot-rod Mustang on jackstands from time to time. So, I did my own Lightning "conversion"... all the cosmetic stuff. Wheels, 285/55 tires, L front bumper cover and grills, fog lights, painted the rear bumper to match to give it a monochrome look, and swapped out the running boards with some color-keyed ones. If the truth was really told, her gas-guzzler gets more looks than my 3 vehicles. :confused:
I'm gonna try and post a pic here. We'll see.

GeeAnEnigma
04-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Everyone,

Thanks for the post, It's cool to talk with others who love this stuff as much as we do ! :beer:

I really appreciate the words everyone.

Hey, WA 2 FST (Wes) the wheels you put on your truck are the wheels that I want to put on my truck, (with some 35 inch tires though :twitch:)

Scott