PDA

View Full Version : Tuning alone adds H.P./Torque 52/601

03LightningRocks
04-13-2004, 09:37 PM
We made a couple changes to the tune. I thought some may get a kick out of seeing what tuning alone can yeild. Check out the torque gain:tongue: . It's not done yet....but I have to go to Atlanta Thurs. Morning....so it will do for the trip to FFW.

Before.....

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226File0001.jpg

After.........

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226RacePullThreeUpdatedTune.jpg

Rocks:evil

PoorSvtman
04-13-2004, 09:41 PM
knana :burnout:

L8 APEX
04-13-2004, 09:41 PM
It looks like you gained 10hp and 26lbs torque. The A/F is still looping up at the end which I don't like leaning up top.

bobbywade69
04-13-2004, 09:44 PM
I think I could still beat u at the track, So BRING IT ON!!:evil

Nice #'s brotha one day I might be there!!:tu:

bobbywade69
04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
I think we might be seeing some 10 sec passes this year :nana2

StormShadow
04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Nice numbers Ron. I can't wait for our winter trip to Hallsville. :tu:

L8 APEX
04-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Ron better get moving before I decide to jump over the 11's and into the 10's:eek2: All this Crown has given me many new ideas for speed:beer: . Damn, the line on my screen look crooked:hammer:

03LightningRocks
04-13-2004, 09:52 PM
It looks like you gained 10hp and 26lbs torque. The A/F is still looping up at the end which I don't like leaning up top.
Actually....if you look at the charts a little closer....it gained about 22 h.p. across the whole darned rpm range. When you look at dyno graphs...it is a good idea to compare each Rpm H.P. as you go up the graph. It helps to avoid the common mistake of thinking a "spike" is your "track" H.P.

As far as the "leaning out" at the end of the graph.....it peaks at 12.2 for about 100 Rpm. That really is not unusual for most tunes. Mike T. will probably not like it though and straighten it out some.

Rocks:tu:

bobbywade69
04-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Ron better get moving before I decide to jump over the 11's and into the 10's:eek2: All this Crown has given me many new ideas for speed:beer: . Damn, the line on my screen look crooked:hammer:
Yes Crown clears up tha mind so u can think betterknana

03LightningRocks
04-13-2004, 11:32 PM
snip........ Damn, the line on my screen look crooked:hammer:

I see that the booze is affecting your vision...........check it out again tomorrow, when sober and you'll see what I am talking about with the H.P. spike on the before dyno. It was actually hanging under 500 H.P. the majority of the pull. It jumped over 500 right at the end of the pull on that one.

The after dyno gets over 500 for real and holds there through a good part of the pull.

Silver_2000
04-13-2004, 11:37 PM
I see that the booze is affecting your vision...........check it out again tomorrow, when sober and you'll see what I am talking about with the H.P. spike on the before dyno. It was actually hanging under 500 H.P. the majority of the pull. It jumped over 500 right at the end of the pull on that one.

The after dyno gets over 500 for real and holds there through a good part of the pull.

Yeah your right the true HP peak on the before is like 495 or so if you ignore the spike

03LightningRocks
04-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah your right the true HP peak on the before is like 495 or so if you ignore the spike

Yepper...........:tu: . That before H.P. peak number was basicly :bs . I noticed it yesterday. I guess I need to change the gallery description on that one.

Rocks:twitch:

03LightningRocks
04-14-2004, 12:04 AM
I hate to be a post whore...but I guess I will try to pass on a little more info on the A/F at the end of a pull or even some others.

One issue we are dealing with is the long distance factor of sending the micro tuners back and forth overnight mail.

On the first round of tuning the A/F had dropped somewher below 10. The meter at Speedworks only goes down to 10. We had no way of knowing if it was at 9 or 9.9, so we had to bring the whole fuel curve up high enough to see what was what.

What happens here is the Kenne Bell is making it's max boost at the end of the pull due to the RPM's that the blower has to get to for 18lbs of boost. In the middle area of the dyno, boost is only hitting around 15-16. The MAF is meanwhile trying to peak out at 5 volts...which it will do at these power levels.

Now that we can see the actual A/F's, the next round of changes will involve attempting to tune around the MAF, and hopefully level that curve out some.....we shall see what it does, but I am planning on putting in the 95mm when I go to VA FFW and meet Mike at a dyno there so he can actually work with it hands on instead of all this back and forth.

03'svtlight
04-14-2004, 08:22 AM
I hate to be a post whore...but I guess I will try to pass on a little more info on the A/F at the end of a pull or even some others.

One issue we are dealing with is the long distance factor of sending the micro tuners back and forth overnight mail.

On the first round of tuning the A/F had dropped somewher below 10. The meter at Speedworks only goes down to 10. We had no way of knowing if it was at 9 or 9.9, so we had to bring the whole fuel curve up high enough to see what was what.

What happens here is the Kenne Bell is making it's max boost at the end of the pull due to the RPM's that the blower has to get to for 18lbs of boost. In the middle area of the dyno, boost is only hitting around 15-16. The MAF is meanwhile trying to peak out at 5 volts...which it will do at these power levels.

Now that we can see the actual A/F's, the next round of changes will involve attempting to tune around the MAF, and hopefully level that curve out some.....we shall see what it does, but I am planning on putting in the 95mm when I go to VA FFW and meet Mike at a dyno there so he can actually work with it hands on instead of all this back and forth.

Hey Rocks, I have a pro-m 95mm. If you wanted to you could put it on your truck to see ANY differences. Its not the bullet w/removeable sample tube. Its just the flange type.

03LightningRocks
04-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Hey Rocks, I have a pro-m 95mm. If you wanted to you could put it on your truck to see ANY differences. Its not the bullet w/removeable sample tube. Its just the flange type.

Trai,

I really appreciate the offer, but the problem comes in with the retuning that needs to be done for the 95mm.

If I weren't going to VA anyway in a couple months, I would go ahead and do it and retune long distance. But since I will be in Mikes back yard anyway...I figured I'd take advantage and get it set up while there.

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
04-14-2004, 08:44 AM
By the way Trai.....Nice Avatar:d . I am assuming that, "she bangs":rll:

03'svtlight
04-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Trai,

I really appreciate the offer, but the problem comes in with the retuning that needs to be done for the 95mm.

If I weren't going to VA anyway in a couple months, I would go ahead and do it and retune long distance. But since I will be in Mikes back yard anyway...I figured I'd take advantage and get it set up while there.

Rocks:beer:
kewl, have fun :beer:

03'svtlight
04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
By the way Trai.....Nice Avatar:d . I am assuming that, "she bangs":rll:

:rll: yep :banana: