PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition of acceleration ticket

Red2002
07-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Got one of these bad boys by the UNT campus police.

However, the officer spelled my last name wrong. Do I have any recourse?

If the name is wrong, then it wasn't me, right? Someone please verify this urban legend. :confused:

Lil Nicky88
07-12-2002, 07:15 PM
I'm 99% sure that if there is incorrect info on the ticket it gets thrown out. All your information has to match your license.

But I could be wrong. :(

Sixpipes
07-12-2002, 08:34 PM
If the plate number and DL# are correct, you're probably not going to escape the infamous UNT Police regardless of what the real law says. Like they just don't care. :cool: I would be interested in finding out the results if you push it.

RedNemesis01
07-12-2002, 10:40 PM
I'd be interested in finding out why you got caught and the other guy didn't...were you that far behind? Hope this isn't a "Red" thing. :d :d :burnout:

btw...good luck w/the ticket...campus police are such pricks

Skank Dog
07-14-2002, 01:09 AM
If you have to take defensive driving or whatever, do it!!! That ticket alone will make your insurance go sky high!! Been there done that! As far as the insurance companies go, its alot worse than a speeding ticket! Dont just pay the fine and forget it, you'll regret it, do whatever you have to to keep that thing off your driving record!!

Moonshine
07-15-2002, 09:43 AM
You might take a look at the charge on the actual complaint filed by the court, since there is no statute "Exhibition of Acceleration" in Texas. The proper charge on the complaint should be "Racing", as exhibition of acceleration is covered in the Racing statute. What's on the ticket is irrelevant. The court complaint is what must be accurate, since it's the charging instrument.

Sixpipes
07-15-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
You might take a look at the charge on the actual complaint filed by the court, since there is no statute "Exhibition of Acceleration" in Texas. The proper charge on the complaint should be "Racing", as exhibition of acceleration is covered in the Racing statute. What's on the ticket is irrelevant. The court complaint is what must be accurate, since it's the charging instrument.
Yeah, I was going to say that. However, if you were driving an R/T it would be exhibition of deceleration. :cool:

saywhen
07-20-2002, 12:31 PM
I know this is probably too little too late, but I'm new and just looked at the post. Hope I can help.
It doesn't matter if your name was spelled wrong, if you contest the ticket you will go to court and they will have the officer testify. If he identifies you as the person he wrote the ticket to, it's over. As far as the charge, exhibition of acceleration is covered under the Racing statute TCS 545.420 and includes: speed contests and exhibition of vehicle speed or acceleration.

If the ticket has the correct TCS... it's over. Hope I could help.

Dan