PDA

View Full Version : U-Bolt for Traction bars

SILVER2000SVT
04-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Does anybody have an extra square bend U-bolt (the one that comes in a Traction bar kit) or know where I can get one locally?

I was installing this hotchkis kit that I just got from Scott, and the front was a piece of cake, took about 45min to do springs, shocks, and swaybar, but the back threw me a twist when I was just about done by siezing the nut to one of the U-bolts...:hammer:

I managed to get it off, but now I have to find a new U-bolt. It's such an odd size (2 5/8" wide x 7 1/2" long) that I think my chances of finding one this weekend are really slim. I figure worst case is that I take the traction bars off and put the stock u-bolts and plates back on.

BTW...has anybody else done the Rancho T-bars with hotchkis leaf springs? It's looking like I'm going to have to cut off about 1/2" of the end of the u-bolt that is directly above the bar, just wondering if anybody else has had to do this?

Jason

Mark #2
04-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Does anybody have an extra square bend U-bolt (the one that comes in a Traction bar kit) or know where I can get one locally?

I was installing this hotchkis kit that I just got from Scott, and the front was a piece of cake, took about 45min to do springs, shocks, and swaybar, but the back threw me a twist when I was just about done by siezing the nut to one of the U-bolts...:hammer:

I managed to get it off, but now I have to find a new U-bolt. It's such an odd size (2 5/8" wide x 7 1/2" long) that I think my chances of finding one this weekend are really slim. I figure worst case is that I take the traction bars off and put the stock u-bolts and plates back on.

BTW...has anybody else done the Rancho T-bars with hotchkis leaf springs? It's looking like I'm going to have to cut off about 1/2" of the end of the u-bolt that is directly above the bar, just wondering if anybody else has had to do this?

Jason
Jason,
4x4 offroad shop on Plano Rd can make you one. I had one made for Crawford's traction bar install when one of the U-bolts in the kit came un-threaded.

Yes, I have had to cut the U-bolts on a couple of suspension installs. Some of you may remember how much fun that is. Sawzall is the only way.

Mark

Crawford
04-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Jason,

I have one brand new in the box here that you can have. Call me on my cell and we can arrange to exchange.

SILVER2000SVT
04-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Jason,

I have one brand new in the box here that you can have. Call me on my cell and we can arrange to exchange.
Crawford,

Thanks a lot for the u-bolt, that really saved me a lot of headache.

Jason

Crawford
04-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Jason,

Glad I could help ya out. Sorry I wasnt being too personal when you guys came over. I was in the middle of some work stuff... when I get super focused on work I am not too personable so sorry about that. I am looking forward to seeing your setup at the next get together!