PDA

View Full Version : Fair price for this L?

WA 2 FST
04-23-2004, 11:25 PM
I figure you guys can give me an honest opinion on what my truck may be worth. Some of you know me well enough to attest to how I keep my vehicles, but I realize without seeing it up close, you have to make a best guess or better yet, just trust me. ;)

'99 Lightning, 43,500 miles, factory extended warranty 7yr/75,000
-PSP air filter kit
-90mm MAF
-PSP 2psi pulley
-JDM chip
-Borla cat-back
-Trans-Go shift kit
-4x4 trans pan
-lowered 2"
-Toff spray-in bedliner
-painted white wheels
-Extang tonneau cover
-Alpine in-dash CD, Boston Acoustics speakers, Kicker subs and Kicker amps
-COMPLETE maintenance/service records
-new tires in my garage, ready to install (it needs them)
-no dings in paint, no scratches through the clearcoat, minor nicks on front bumper cover from normal wear and tear

KBB and Edmunds say ~$15,300 trade-in. To make a private party sale worthwhile, I'd need at least $16,500 for it (I'll take my subs and amps out if I trade it to a dealer).

Here's a pic of it.

What do you think as far as $$ goes?

L8 APEX
04-23-2004, 11:50 PM
I would dump it back to stock and trade in. You will likely be months trying to sell it. The last 2-3 customers got a lot out of demoding and trading in. I would try to get 16.5K trade in stock and a new one at 29,800:tu:

WA 2 FST
04-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Terry,

That is sound advice, and I considered that route. Mine is definitely a mildly modded truck. I cannot take the shift kit out, and I'll leave the air filter in, too. Not sure the chip is worth anything substantial, either. :confused: I can see pulling the Borla off. I would definitely remove the stereo to put in the new truck.

If I could get $16,500 trade in (I doubt I'll get close to that unless I go ahead and put the new tires on) and get a new one for under $30k, I'd pull the trigger tomorrow. I think this is best case scenario, though.

If anyone knows of a salesman hookup and a dealer with a DSG '04, let me know.

99WhiteBeast
04-24-2004, 12:11 AM
I would de-mod for sure before the trade-all of that will sale quick- the dealer is not going to give you any more because of it.

Just put a condition on each of swap for stock and people will be all over it:cool:

You have $600-$1500 there easy with wheels and tires

Sandman
04-24-2004, 12:50 AM
If your going to buy a new L and are wanting a Gen3, you might want to check out the powerlease.

http://www.svt.ford.com/newsPowerLease.asp

Wht95Lightning
04-24-2004, 06:43 AM
If your going to buy a new L and are wanting a Gen3, you might want to check out the powerlease.

http://www.svt.ford.com/newsPowerLease.aspUhoh..... probably shouldn't have seen this... Sounds like a really good idea.

Sixpipes
04-24-2004, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't take a dime less than $16.5 for your truck if I were you. As clean as that thing is, you should be able to sell it to someone that appreciates a well-kept vehicle. :cool:

WA 2 FST
04-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Dennis,

That's the # I have in my head, too. I have started preliminary negotiations with my salesman, whom I've dealt with for a number of years on different vehicles. I'm hoping to get the new one at/near X-plan and told him I'd like $17k for my truck. I know trade in is ~$15,200-15,500.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for your thoughts.

andy_cain
04-24-2004, 08:47 PM
I personally wouldn't take a dime less than $18K for mine (UN-MODED):D But thats just me.

I have seen Wes's "L" and it is sharp:tu:
Keep us posted; as all of us who own them are always curious what they are really worth $$$:beer:

Almost makes me wish I had a bigger garage "Salt and Pepper" Lightnings would be sweet with a thin reverse checkerboard flag paint job on each of them would be the "Shizzy":evil