PDA

View Full Version : L got broken into!!!

bobbywade69
04-26-2004, 09:38 PM
My L got broken into Thursday night after I got an Air Conditioning job done pulled into to the gas station for a sec to grab a drink and come back out side and the lock was popped on the tail gate and everything was gone!!!! All my Air Conditioning Tools and all my work tools gone in less than a minute!!:flaming: Can't even see in the bed of the L and the pop the lock to see what s in it, I guess they are happy now they got a little over $3800 of tools!!! And I don't even keep them in the bed of the L just put them there for the trip home!!!! Damn thieves!!!!!:vomit:So now I have to start all over again collecting tools!!

PoorSvtman
04-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Man that sucks. Sorry it happened, but karma will get the little bastards that got your tools. Might want to go check out some local pawn shops for your old stuff.

LonghornLightning
04-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Man that's chitty, while you're in the gas station. Totally random..

:flaming:

Sixpipes
04-26-2004, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=bobbywade69]Can't even see in the bed of the L and the pop the lock to see what s in it......QUOTE]

Bobby,

Just a guess, but I would say somebody knew that stuff was there. A normal person breaks into a truck like that, what you think the chances are they would even know what that stuff was. My guess is you were being tailed and they got your tools at the first opportunity. Sorry you got ripped off, but I bet there is a connection to someone you know. :cool:

my2002lightning
04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Bobby,

I'll have to agree with Dennis on this one. That crew was in-and-out quick sounds like. They knew what you had and hit you when you had your back turned. Thieving b#stards ! :mad: :hammer:

As an FYI, depending on your vehicle / renters / home owners insurance policy, anything stolen from your vehicle can be covered under a renters / home owners policy.

Hope you were insured.

Wht95Lightning
04-27-2004, 02:45 AM
Most gas stations now have video survelience systems setup on the pumps and parking lot, better ask the station attendant if there is a tape!

StormShadow
04-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Most gas stations now have video survelience systems setup on the pumps and parking lot, better ask the station attendant if there is a tape!
Good thinking Gary.

Hate to hear that Bobby.

Crawford
04-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Man sorry to hear that. Mine was broken into a few weeks ago but I think you got the worse deal loosing all that stuff. Sorry man!

byrd35us
04-27-2004, 10:41 PM
sorry 2, mine also got broke into a few weeks ago but I do have good news about the situation. My insurance company in cutting me a check for the amount it would cost to replace that factory radio casette deck and changer. minus my 500 deductable and I will still come out with 1286 dollars. Just the radio is 1255 and the changer is like 536. At least that is what the dealership out here quoted me so I didnt argue. Should be able to get a real nice deck with 1200.00. Hope yours works out in the end.