PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my DSG '04 this afternoon!

WA 2 FST
04-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Well guys, whether you like it or not I'll be hanging around here for awhile. I now have a new truck, and the mods will start ASAP. I've been out of the mod game for awhile, so I will need suggestions since I know the performance market has advanced since I've modded a Gen 2 L.

Got an '04 from a salesman I know at Middlekauf who was able to get me a DSG from Town East. Got it for invoice ($30,0xx), so I'm happy with that. They floored me with the trade offer on my '99, so I jumped on it. After taking into consideration the tax advantage of trading, and getting to take all the stuff off the truck I did, I would have had to have sold it privately for over $18,300. So I'm happy.

I've got a mod list that is probably 1/10 as long as many of you, but I'm going to keep this thing tame like I did my '99.

I need a spray-in bedliner ASAP. The people I used on my '99 are no longer in business. Any recommendations locally (preferrably Plano area)? Same thing with the stereo. I've got a lot of decent components from my '99 L and my '96 Cobra to use, but the installer I used before is no longer in business. Need some recommendations for that, too.

The performance mods will be done as soon as I have time. This truck feels slow and unresponsive compared to my mildly modded '99. I swore I'd never drive a stock L again, and now I know why. Granted, I haven't beaten on it yet, since I'll give it a few hundred miles to break in, but I forgot how bad it is not to be able to downshift into 1st at 25mph. :tongue: The stock transmission programming sucks, too. It's just not crisp and authoritative on upshifts/downshifts at part throttle like my '99 was. But I'm jaded b/c I've been driving a modded one for 4.5 years.

1) Need to have my chip reburned for an '04 truck
2) Shift kit of some sort (I used a Trans-go and a deep pan on my other one...suggestions welcome)
3) Going to get the Hotchkis lower springs from Terry (the '04 looks like its been lifted!!!)
4) 2psi pulley
5) air intake kit

Later on I'll do the wheels. I need to research this further.

Terry (L8APEX), I'll be in touch shortly. I gotta get me some parts here.

The truck is really nice, though. I like the DSG. Will be a little more difficult to keep clean than white is all. We'll see about the taillights. Before I change them out to red, I'll wait a bit and see if they grow on me.

BTW, I do have a used Borla cat-back for sale. It is in good condition (no dents or anything like that). I am not planning on doing an aftermarket cat-back on this truck right now. Just make me an offer on it. I'll give you a great deal. If you haven't heard the Borla, it is very mild compared to most, but nice and throaty compared to stock.

Crawford
04-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Wes,

Congrats on the new 04! Looking forward to seeing it at a meet soon. I am still hanging on to that #2 if you want it. I might be interested in your exhaust but I have no idea what its worth. Why dont you shoot me an offer! :D

David N
04-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Congrats:tu: :tu: ,

my2002lightning
04-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Out with the old ... and in with the new ! :tu:

Enjoy the L and let's speak again about R.E. soon,

Ronald

99WhiteBeast
04-28-2004, 07:00 AM
Congrats Wes:tu:

We're headed over this morning to check on your old one.

Do you still have the set of F1's?

devildog92
05-11-2004, 03:25 AM
Congrats Wes, I am sure you'll love it. I would...

gagspa
05-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Congrats! That is a good price. A/Z plan price is $28.8K, but I got luck and also got a $1000 voucher making mine $27.8K.

I'm having trouble modding mine. The costs for L mods are so much more than for my Mustang. Besides, I need a warranty on one car :D

Congrats again, soon we will be seeing you in the low 12's!

Do you have a ballpark price for the catback?

L-Fever
05-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Saweeet! :nana2

WA 2 FST
05-11-2004, 12:27 PM
The catback is sold.

I'm enjoying the truck. I'm at ~440 miles now. Done all the mods (FTVB, 4x4 trans pan, 2lb pulley, new stereo, Bedrug) except the Roush suspension,chip, and wheels. Oh...and I have known the techs at the dealer I use for well over a decade... this truck isn't out of warranty. ;)

I don't think I'll be in the low-12s...maybe high-12s. I know even without the chip it is faster than my '99 was which ran 13.1 @ 103.

gagspa
05-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Where did you get your bedrug?