PDA

View Full Version : Heading Out to Houston

03LightningRocks
04-29-2004, 10:46 PM
I am heading to Houston in the early A.M. and wanted to wish our race team good luck at Redline Sunday.

Howard managed to work out his issues, so it looks like I will have pit help....thank goodness.

Talk to everyone Monday...........:tu: .

Rocks:beer:

StormShadow
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Good luck in H town Ron. I hear they are a bunch of thugs down there.

03LightningRocks
04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Good luck in H town Ron. I hear they are a bunch of thugs down there.

You heard right.................:eek: .

Thanks Adam,

Good Night everyone

my2002lightning
04-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Uncle Rocks,
Give those HALO guys the TALON "12 rounds of throw-down" for us!knana

Good luck and be safe. :tu:

Ronald and Laney

L8 APEX
04-29-2004, 11:20 PM
I maty have to sneak down there and race David's two tone:D

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/510/442P6289381.jpg

skalywags
04-30-2004, 12:50 AM
I am heading to Houston in the early A.M. and wanted to wish our race team good luck at Redline Sunday.

Howard managed to work out his issues, so it looks like I will have pit help....thank goodness.

Talk to everyone Monday...........:tu: .

Rocks:beer:Good Luck in Houston!

wesman
04-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Good luck Ron:burnout:

--wes

03LightningRocks
05-03-2004, 01:20 AM
I just got home.........thanks for all the well wishes. It must have worked....I came in second....it's not as good as first, but it works for now:D .

Flats Man
05-03-2004, 06:32 AM
Yo Ron,

That is quite an accomplishment getting runner up a FFW with the Big Dogs! Way to go!

Sixpipes
05-03-2004, 07:15 AM
Awesome job Ron! Hope you'll be at the May meeting so you can tell us about it. :nana2

03'svtlight
05-03-2004, 07:27 AM
I just got home.........thanks for all the well wishes. It must have worked....I came in second....it's not as good as first, but it works for now:D .

:beer:

J.D. Blackwell
05-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Hey Ron, I looked for you Sunday. Couldn't find you anywhere. I wasn't there for but an hour. I was needing you to take some Ranchos back to Dallas for me for Doug to get. No biggie though, will make a trip to Big D sometime in the next month.

Later,
Justin

03LightningRocks
05-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Hey Ron, I looked for you Sunday. Couldn't find you anywhere. I wasn't there for but an hour. I was needing you to take some Ranchos back to Dallas for me for Doug to get. No biggie though, will make a trip to Big D sometime in the next month.

Later,
Justin
Hey Justin,

Your the second person to tell me I couldn't be found. That spy coarse I took is really paying off:cool: . Dennis couldn't find me in Florida for almost 2 days:d .

I would like to have see you. Although, I may not have been good company. I tend to get real unsociable when I am running in these things...it's kind of a "Jedi warrior" thing.

03LightningRocks
05-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the congrats guys............my finest moment was when I ran a 12.191 on a 12.191 dial with a .562reaction time, to take out Paul Gamino.

My worst moment was the final round. I had the guy, dead to rights and I let off the gas way to soon and got my arse beat. Jersey is fricking mine....got damn it;)

Rocks:beer: :nana2

1BADTK
05-03-2004, 03:01 PM
And he lost to one of those Houston Thugs from HALO. :rll:

Good job Ron, bring help next time. We will be in Ennis for you to get revenge come September. :nana2

03LightningRocks
05-03-2004, 04:49 PM
And he lost to one of those Houston Thugs from HALO. :rll:

Good job Ron, bring help next time. We will be in Ennis for you to get revenge come September. :nana2

LMAO..........I was definitly out numbered....I had to go through 4 Houston guys, before you took me down with some thug named Barn Yard. Please tell me that his real name is not Barn Yard....;) .
What's worse, I saw Barn Yard cleaning up the grille. The least you guys could do for your champion/representative, is to let him take it easy and relax. Did you make him clean up Dog crap out of your back yards when he got done with the grille ashes:eek: ?

See you guys in Dallas:nana2 .... Tell Barn Yard I said Congrats again.

Rocks

02BOLT
05-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Congrats Bro!:tu: That's just BADASS!!!:bows Holler at me tomorow, I wanna hear about it.

Later,
Rob

03LightningRocks
05-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Congrats Bro!:tu: That's just BADASS!!!:bows Holler at me tomorow, I wanna hear about it.

Later,
Rob

Thanks Rob,

I saw that I had missed your call. I meant to call you today, but after having the day from hell....I forgot about it. The hotter it gets...the more I have to work...LOL.

I'll call you Wed.

noelvm
05-05-2004, 10:23 AM
He had another handicap. I was helping Chris. Most guys in Tough Truck sandbag really bad because they deduct .1 from your time trial for your dialin. Chris did not sandbag. We were .1 off our dial all day and .08 off in the final round. We broke the quarter and semi guys out and your guy went around us so early he thought we were breaking out for sure and let off. Chris went around him at the line. :D:D:D:D:D:D

It was a heck of a day. We will sand bag at Ennis like everyone else. :D:D I have a motor being put together for mine so I should be back by then myself. :D

noelvm

03LightningRocks
05-05-2004, 05:53 PM
He had another handicap. I was helping Chris. Most guys in Tough Truck sandbag really bad because they deduct .1 from your time trial for your dialin. Chris did not sandbag. We were .1 off our dial all day and .08 off in the final round. We broke the quarter and semi guys out and your guy went around us so early he thought we were breaking out for sure and let off. Chris went around him at the line. :D:D:D:D:D:D

It was a heck of a day. We will sand bag at Ennis like everyone else. :D:D I have a motor being put together for mine so I should be back by then myself. :D

noelvmThat is a perfect description of how it went down. All darn day long, I was the chase truck. In every race but the one against Paul G., I played heck even catching up to the truck leaving first. The guy I took out in the first round had sand bagged about 1 second. The guy was running off leaving me the whole way down the track.

So as you said, when I passed Chris like I did, my first thought was that I must have really hooked up and gotten a better 60 foot than normal. It made me think I was about to break out, so off the gas I went. By the time I realized I had screwed up, Chris was already a bumper ahead of me and I didn't have enough power to make up for that much let off.

Lesson Learned:D ...............Now I dare ya to try that again...LOL.