PDA

View Full Version : New custom pistons that no one else has.

J.D. Blackwell
07-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Here is a picture of my new custom pistons. They fit in a 5 7/16" bore and are good for over 35# of boost. I am still looking for a block small enough to put under the hood. This is just another project I have been studying on. These pistons are good for over 550 rwhp and 1900 rwtq......yes I said 1900 rwtq.:eek:

Edit: Thanks Logan, what did I do wrong???

Edit: Edit the post and you'll see what I changed

J.D. Blackwell
07-15-2002, 01:10 PM
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1135-24095.jpg

I fixed it for you JD... - Logan

MadMax
07-15-2002, 04:11 PM
Arias? :D

blueoval01
07-15-2002, 05:30 PM
Naw, I think he got 'em from Scott .......... :d :rolleyes:
Oh boy, SA level rising .....:eek2:

Sixpipes
07-15-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1135-24095.jpg

Justin,

Are you sure that's not a picture of an ashtray?

tliss
07-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Those r purtiful!:tu:

Tom

L8 APEX
07-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Looks like more of those big rig parts. Definately not lightweight:nono:

J.D. Blackwell
07-16-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Looks like more of those big rig parts. Definately not lightweight:nono:

:tu:

Can't get anything by you Terry.
This particular piston is for a Cummins engine, though I have never built a Cummins. I usually build Cats instead.

Til next time....

TxBolt
07-16-2002, 07:11 PM
J.D really how's the Lightning? When are you going to be finish with this bad boy? I'm working on mine now. My tranny from Greg Evans should be built this week when he gets back on vacation. Then after 3-6 mos my motor from PSP along with those bad-a__ heads. I will feel safe enough for some spraying on this motor. I'm doing search on headers now, I don't know whats best. Long tubes sound promising. The reason on the upgrades is I'm keeping my 2001 and I'm not trading her. I might as well get me a truck in the 11s.:eek2: :eek2: Well let us hear from you and keep us updated.:tu: Tim C.

J.D. Blackwell
07-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Well Tim, I am stuck for now. I am busy at work and I can't find the tools needed to finish. I am looking for a valve spring tool to remove/install valve springs. The ones installed now are a bad batch and have been known to snap. I have the other set now just looking for the tool. Then it can go in the truck after that.
As soon as I get my tools I can have the motor ready to run in a week. I am right there at the end....

As far as the blower I am not getting Jim's 166. I have been waiting for it for a while now and have gone a different route. I expect to have quicker e.t's then before, just not the way I wanted it to be.

Later,
Justin

L8 APEX
07-17-2002, 01:38 PM
Sounds like the joys of building motors... I have acctually installed and driven them before getting a recalled or updated part/s just to tear it down again. Oh well, such is high performance:tu:

TxBolt
07-17-2002, 07:33 PM
J.D your doing it all your self! Your a bad man! I don't have enough denero to have any large errors. Good luck man, I will race ya one day and see how bad you get me.:D :burnout:

J.D. Blackwell
07-21-2002, 11:55 PM
They are quite simple to put together. Just have to make sure everything is torqued down right. But I can say I put it together myself.

We will race some day, but I hope you do something with your traction. I am tearing mine back down this winter to 4 link it or ladder bar it. Haven't decided yet. Doing my cage also and racing seats. I would like to get some 1.4's or even 1.3's lol out of the setup. You will shave a heck of a lot of weight changing the rear susp. and seats.

TxBolt
07-22-2002, 07:36 PM
J.D you mentioned a blower. Have you been watching The Works blower? Traction for me no idea yet. I'm doing some apperance mods this week, and when I'm done with that ,then I can move up to something bigger. My poor truck is on stands for two weeks untill I get my rims back. If I get withdrawls from no Lightning driving, Skankdog said I could borrow his. YA RIGHT!:nono:

Take care Tim