PDA

View Full Version : water injection,,can u fit this to a l,?

mc-svt
05-01-2004, 07:59 PM
i have had a few other turbo charged motors fords of course
i was wondering is it possable to fit water injection

1/ fit injectors to the inlet manifold and squirt a lil water in there,,(as it hit the hot gasses it turns to steam aslo cools the gases but gives loads of boast i am led to beleive )
it did on a turbo motor,,,
is this possable?
2/ water pipes to intercooler sprays loads of water on to intercooler,cooling gases i had this fitted standard from ford on one motor, u just had to fill the bottle in boot, now and again,
another thing could u guys help me on ,how much boast or psi will the standard intercooler take, last fordy one i had i blew the ends of it ,they were plastic, ?
we all no cooler the gases the denser the air,,more power,
many thanks guys, :bows

wesman
05-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Yep it's possible. IN fact one of the local members did it a while back. Check over at NLOC and F150online, a few there doing it as well.

--wes

PoorSvtman
05-02-2004, 02:35 PM
bobby has a a kit on his.

Tex Arcana
05-02-2004, 06:26 PM
i have had a few other turbo charged motors fords of course
i was wondering is it possable to fit water injection

1/ fit injectors to the inlet manifold and squirt a lil water in there,,(as it hit the hot gasses it turns to steam aslo cools the gases but gives loads of boast i am led to beleive )
it did on a turbo motor,,,
is this possable?
2/ water pipes to intercooler sprays loads of water on to intercooler,cooling gases i had this fitted standard from ford on one motor, u just had to fill the bottle in boot, now and again,
another thing could u guys help me on ,how much boast or psi will the standard intercooler take, last fordy one i had i blew the ends of it ,they were plastic, ?
we all no cooler the gases the denser the air,,more power,
many thanks guys, :bows
Water injection is proven, but complicated as hell, with it's own set of issues to worry about. As for water spraying the heat exchanger, be very careful about that: if you participate in track events, alot of organizations ban this sort of device, because of the potential to wet down the track and cause traction problems.

Have you installed the upsized IC heat exchanger, and fan mod? I think that, plus the intercooler resevior mod (one of which allows you to put ice in it) would be a much better idea, becasue your charge temps would be much lower, and you dont risk getting water all over the track, not to mention the risks of water injection.

ken cryder
05-02-2004, 08:00 PM
i have had great sucess using it in conjuction with nitrous . pump gas 16#s of boost and a 100 shot + water alcohol = no denotaion . the nitrous helps atomize the solution . i have a boost activated ajustable switch that i use to turn the w/a on at 7#s of boost.

ken

Tex Arcana
05-03-2004, 09:38 AM
i have had great sucess using it in conjuction with nitrous . pump gas 16#s of boost and a 100 shot + water alcohol = no denotaion . the nitrous helps atomize the solution . i have a boost activated ajustable switch that i use to turn the w/a on at 7#s of boost.

ken
Perfect drag setup... nice. What kind of blower are you running?

ken cryder
05-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Perfect drag setup... nice. What kind of blower are you running?

stock blower and motor just like it came from the factory. it runs pretty good , been having more trouble with tires than anything else .

ken