PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the garage.

TXBLU
05-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Well, it turns out the Mrs. is just not a convertible type of gal after all. Although she has enjoyed the CLK 430 'vert quite a bit, she has decided that she just can't deal with the noise and lack of rear visibility. We went out looking for a replacement Saturday, and bought an '04 Audi S4. Am I in trouble, performance-wise, or is the (stock) L more than a match for this little beast? She picked it up today and I figure I'll let her run in for 1000 miles or so before I start hammering the dog poop out of it. Anybody run one of these yet? There's an engineer here at work with one that tried (unsuccessfully) to catch me leaving the hangar one day, but his car still had the paper tags on it and he may not be so good at shifting a manual. My wife's car is the automatic (Tiptronic 5-speed) version, so it should be just a tick slower than his. Any thoughts?

Band
05-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Well, it turns out the Mrs. is just not a convertible type of gal after all. Although she has enjoyed the CLK 430 'vert quite a bit, she has decided that she just can't deal with the noise and lack of rear visibility. We went out looking for a replacement Saturday, and bought an '04 Audi S4. Am I in trouble, performance-wise, or is the (stock) L more than a match for this little beast? She picked it up today and I figure I'll let her run in for 1000 miles or so before I start hammering the dog poop out of it. Anybody run one of these yet? There's an engineer here at work with one that tried (unsuccessfully) to catch me leaving the hangar one day, but his car still had the paper tags on it and he may not be so good at shifting a manual. My wife's car is the automatic (Tiptronic 5-speed) version, so it should be just a tick slower than his. Any thoughts?

We saw a S4 run the 1/8 mile yesterday.. He ran a low 9.. I have no idea if he was stock or how good a driver he was...

Stock for stock I believe the Lightning will still rule. But there has got to be some major potential with that V8/weight ratio..

WA 2 FST
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
The new S4 runs mid-13s w/ the 6spd. I've seen several rag tests (FWIW) that have run 13.4-13.5s. Those cars are heavy (over 3600lbs). A stock new L will beat it, I think.

As far as modifying one, they are super expen$ive to do so. The S4 to have if you're gonna mod is the previous one with the TT V6. My brother has one that dyno'd at nearly 400rwhp with upgraded turbos (stock engine). He's in Denver right now finishing up his medical internship, but once he gets back down here, he's going to get it to the track. Should run 12.0-12.2 on stock rubber @ 116+mph.

The new S4 is a really nice car, though. Very tight, very well put together car. Fit and finish of the Audi is way above anything made in the US, and you'd be hard-pressed to find nicer interior quality in any other car built including Merc and BMW.

StormShadow
05-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Here is my friends website. www.s4racing.com (http://www.s4racing.com)

TXBLU
05-03-2004, 10:37 PM
I completely missed the fact that the car has a 6 speed automatic, not a 5 speed. It also has a 'sport' mode that quickens throttle response, and alters the shift program for the transmission. Very slick stuff!

The wife has jury duty tomorrow and is afraid to take the new car to the courthouse parking garage. She'll be in the L instead. So, if you see a cute blonde chick in a True Blue L in Dallas tomorrow, give her a honk and a thumbs up. She'll freak out, then have to tell me all about how we're all crazy f***s with our trucks!!!
It's like the guy that asks the question "why do you ride a Harley?": If you understand, no explaination is necessary; if you don't understand, no explaination is possible.:hammer:

99WhiteBeast
05-05-2004, 03:51 PM
on a related note

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69684