PDA

View Full Version : My new mod

Band
05-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Installed my Throttle body tonight.. and have to say I'm not impressed, eventhough I didn't expect anything in terms of gain.

The throttle response difference is ever so slight and the spring is just weak.

When I first touch the pedal it sorta feels like it's sticking :confused: Is this common? I'm thinking it could be the vacuum from the blower sucking the single blade more causing me to feel it(it also hisses at me). Or maybe the blade is getting wedged in the body.

The TPS is showing .86 at idle and 4.47 at T/P. What are the ideal settings and what is the difference? There is no play in the sensor, do I just use idle adjustment screw?

Oh and huge amounts of oil in my factory TB and plenum, that can't be good for the blower.

I need some "been there, done that" input!

Thanks!

cpeapea
05-05-2004, 05:59 PM
.98-.99 is optimal

ken cryder
05-05-2004, 11:38 PM
.98-.99 is optimal
i agree . also see if you have the new tb centered correctly . to take it a step forwaed , lay the gasket on thr tb and the intake mark the excess metal showing and grind the extra off . you'll get a little better flow . not alot but any improvement is better than nothing . unless you are running lots of boost or nitrous the sb/tb is a waste of money . jmo .

ken

03LightningRocks
05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
I would have to agree with Gavin on the setting and Ken on the opinion of wasting money. It is a piece of the serious H.P. equation, but I really would not expect much more than some improved throttle response in the average modded L.

You'll need it when you get the ported blower and push the boost up to 18lbs...:d .

I miss my racing buds:crying: . Hows it going Sayle, Gavin and Ken? Seeing you three posting reminded me that everyone is racing together without me:( .

Rocks:beer:

03'svtlight
05-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Installed my Throttle body tonight.. and have to say I'm not impressed, eventhough I didn't expect anything in terms of gain.

The throttle response difference is ever so slight and the spring is just weak.

When I first touch the pedal it sorta feels like it's sticking :confused: Is this common? I'm thinking it could be the vacuum from the blower sucking the single blade more causing me to feel it(it also hisses at me). Or maybe the blade is getting wedged in the body.

The TPS is showing .86 at idle and 4.47 at T/P. What are the ideal settings and what is the difference? There is no play in the sensor, do I just use idle adjustment screw?

Oh and huge amounts of oil in my factory TB and plenum, that can't be good for the blower.

I need some "been there, done that" input!

Thanks!
Is .86 at idle ideal????? :throw: You called me twice and asked me the same damn question Sayle... What? Did think I was lying to ya' when i said .99v is perfect??? THE SPEC. IS .95v-.99v. ANYTHING BEFORE OR BEYOND IS OUTTA RANGE.

03LightningRocks
05-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Is .86 at idle ideal????? :throw: You called me twice and asked me the same damn question Sayle... What? Did think I was lying to ya' when i said .99v is perfect??? THE SPEC. IS .95v-.99v. ANYTHING BEFORE OR BEYOND IS OUTTA RANGE.

I was impressed that he is not hearing any strange noises:throw: .

Band
05-06-2004, 01:07 AM

Yes but I am looking for additional input like WOT Voltage, adjustability, and how the idle tpsv affects the WOT tpsv and wanted to be thorough in my query.

Band
05-06-2004, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the replies! I did align it perfectly, I don't know how old this TB is but the gasket was dead on..

So if I open the blade with the idle adjustment screw to raise my idle voltage, will that also raise my WOT voltage?

Ron if you don't show up soon, we're gonna be strangers :D

03LightningRocks
05-06-2004, 01:47 AM

Ron if you don't show up soon, we're gonna be strangers :D

I know what you mean Sayle. I looked at the FFW schedule and it seems the FFW races all fall on the same weekends as the club races:( .

I am going for a Truck:D ......I did notice that there are a couple of events after FFW ends. I will make those for sure.

And then we have new personal best season....I am sure we will all be in for that. Let's see how many stock motors we can get in the 11's:tu: .

Band
05-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Does TPS voltage give any indication of A/F ratio? Does a SBTB cause any change in A/F?

I tried adjusting my TPS voltage with the idle screw, that didn't work, it just raised my idle over 1k. AND my Peak WOT voltage stayed at 4.47

ken cryder
05-07-2004, 11:35 PM
Does TPS voltage give any indication of A/F ratio? Does a SBTB cause any change in A/F?

I tried adjusting my TPS voltage with the idle screw, that didn't work, it just raised my idle over 1k. AND my Peak WOT voltage stayed at 4.47
to adjust the tps i enlarge the bolt holes . then your able to move it just enough to get a closer reading to .98 . terry may know of a better way :D . but i found that is an easy fix .

looks like i need to get on it at the 1/4 mile events , so that i can get my 11 sec pass .;) right ron ? if i can run the 1/8 at 7.6 i should be able to get it .:cool:

03LightningRocks
05-07-2004, 11:45 PM
to adjust the tps i enlarge the bolt holes . then your able to move it just enough to get a closer reading to .98 . terry may know of a better way :D . but i found that is an easy fix .

looks like i need to get on it at the 1/4 mile events , so that i can get my 11 sec pass .;) right ron ? if i can run the 1/8 at 7.6 i should be able to get it .:cool:

LOL.....I would not be too concerned about your truck not running an eleven. The question would be...how deep into the elevens you can get it. When I hit the 7.6's in the eighth, I usually peg an 11.85-11.9something.

Maybe we can get a two for one deal on roll cages:beer: . I am getting real tired of having to let off the gas a hundred feet before the finish line. It looks a bit silly to get a 12.1x pass at 95 MPH...LMAO.

Rocks:nana2

Band
05-07-2004, 11:48 PM

Cool, thx!