PDA

View Full Version : $$$gas :-(

travis5000_99
05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
How much is a full tank in our Trucks, I have a half tank left so I want to crunch the #'s???
I think my GM has gone down if it was ever up at all... I use a quarter tank a day, really busting me right now, Im almost at $40 a tank!!!
Thanks guys...

It sucks that it feels sooo Good Wind'n the Eaton!!! I think thats what its short for (Eaton Gas)... haha

Tex Arcana
05-06-2004, 07:45 PM
How much is a full tank in our Trucks, I have a half tank left so I want to crunch the #'s???
I think my GM has gone down if it was ever up at all... I use a quarter tank a day, really busting me right now, Im almost at $40 a tank!!!
Thanks guys...

It sucks that it feels sooo Good Wind'n the Eaton!!! I think thats what its short for (Eaton Gas)... haha
When I'm sucking fumes, I can squeeze in 26 gallons. I think officially it's 25.

L8 APEX
05-09-2004, 02:30 AM
I believe it is a 26 gal tank. Watch out running them low the fuel pumps run very hot and they need to be submersed in fuel to cool them. I was glad we got to use David's diesel on our hunting trip. It got a solid 3-4 mpg better than the Lightning AND the fuel was 30-40 cents a gallon cheaper. Up towards New Mexico fuel got up to 2.10 for premium and 1.82 for diesel.

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-09-2004, 02:59 AM
I'm assuming that's the new 6.0 Liter diesel?

I've seen $2.09 for 93 at a Shell here in Plano. :mad: I shopped around and filled up for $1.99 at a Shell here in Frisco.

Ronald

Silver_2000
05-09-2004, 09:14 AM
I have attached a Spreadsheet that those of you with Excel can play with

It figures the yearly cost of High Gas prices and compares it to the cost of selling the lightning for something else.

I assume that any car transaction will cost a Minimum of $4000...

If you drive your truck 26000 miles a year ( really high for most people ) and you compare todays 2.00 gas to the good old days of $1.25 gas you spend $1300 a year more IF you drive 500 miles a week ( 26,000 miles a year )

If you drive a more typical 250 miles a week ( 13,000 miles a year ) and the gas prices we are comparing are $2.00 a gallin and $1.60 a gallon the amount that you are paying MORE per year is a measly $371 - $7.50 a week

If you do the same comparison using a Honda accord at 25 mpg it will take 5 years of gas savings to pay off the $ lost in the transaction ..

Have fun
Doug

mardyn
05-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Just filled up my Expy in Tyler this morning... 1.75/gal..cost was $40.00+...

I feel, even as expensive as fuel currently is, that our energy costs here in Texas (and the US in general) is a pretty darn good bargin... even at 2.00 a gallon... do I like it, heck no, but still it's a great deal when you consider the rest of the world is paying at least twice what our fuel cost... maybe three times.. even in the Middle East, I think it's higher than what we pay..

Is the economy bad? Well, if you gauge it by the number of cars, BIG SUVs, trucks and various performance vehicles running 80+ mph out on I-20 this afternoon, I'd say people in our area have plenty of dough on hand...

Remember... Vote Bush/Cheney '04, this fall, to keep the US strong and help keep Americans world wide from becoming the laughing stock...

mardyn :)

PoorSvtman
05-09-2004, 06:19 PM
I have speen close to $80 in the past 2 days. Yesterday afternood i put in $36 (didnt fill it up all the way) worth took a friend out to eat, then headed out to dallas to hang out with a friend. That tank was gone when i pulled into my garage at 230 am. Just went and filled her up and cost me $40.
So thats a total of 37 bucks in 2 days.

Tex Arcana
05-09-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm assuming that's the new 6.0 Liter diesel?

I've seen $2.09 for 93 at a Shell here in Plano. :mad: I shopped around and filled up for $1.99 at a Shell here in Frisco.

Ronald
I may catch some flak here for this, but I go to Sam's in Plano (Ohio/121) for my gas. I've had no problems with it, and with a Sam's card, I filled up yesterday for $1.93/gal. Ronald, since you live out here, you might want to snag a Sam's card (nice idea anyway), and use their gas.

PoorSvtman
05-10-2004, 12:26 AM
I used to get sams gas all the time. Until i had to use my sams card to break into my house and ended up breaking it. It was either my sams card or my DL or credit cards.

Tex Arcana
05-10-2004, 09:40 AM
I used to get sams gas all the time. Until i had to use my sams card to break into my house and ended up breaking it. It was either my sams card or my DL or credit cards.
Hey, that menas you still have the membership--go get a replacement card, so you can get the 5 cent/gal discount! :D

PoorSvtman
05-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey, that menas you still have the membership--go get a replacement card, so you can get the 5 cent/gal discount! :D

But that means i will have to get off my lazy a$$ :cool:

I do need to go get another card. I drive past sams everyday to and from work.

Ken
05-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Hah! Be grateful you live in Texas, the land of the truck. I just got back from San Diego where it was $2.85 for Premium...

:eek:

At least the rental only needed $2.65 regular. There's a reason they drive rice-burners out there.