PDA

View Full Version : Councilman's reply about Hooters SA

L8 APEX
05-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Interesting read..

tliss
05-12-2004, 10:10 AM
What a tool. I see more kids in Hooters than I do at McDonald's most times.

Tom

Wht95Lightning
05-12-2004, 01:46 PM
At the heart of the permit issue is community standards of decency This guy is living in a dream world. :mad:

Tex Arcana
05-12-2004, 09:18 PM
This guy is living in a dream world. :mad:
Or has someone's hands in his pockets... :(

98Cobra
05-13-2004, 01:31 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't see how the Hooter's restaurant exterior is affecting the local neighborhood. Because that's all it can do - the people that are against it shouldn't be in there in the first place, so who cares what kind of clthing they sell, or what the waitresses wear? If you don't like it, don't patronize it! No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to make them spend a dime there. Another case of a small minority getting in someone else's business. God Bless America.

:Bullshit

Tex Arcana
05-13-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't see how the Hooter's restaurant exterior is affecting the local neighborhood. Because that's all it can do - the people that are against it shouldn't be in there in the first place, so who cares what kind of clthing they sell, or what the waitresses wear? If you don't like it, don't patronize it! No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to make them spend a dime there. Another case of a small minority getting in someone else's business. God Bless America.

:Bullshit
agreed... I"ve been there, and tho I dont remember anything particularly remarkable, IIRC, the neighborhoods were fairly far away (one on the entire other side of the freeway, the other almost out of sight the other direction). So how could the presence of the restaurant affect ANYONE, even if it's selling beer?? Hell, ther'es probably more unregulated beer flowing all throughout those neighborhoods, with idiots and such drving drunk all the time--THAT to me is more dangerous than a Hooters.

Meh, the guy probably listened to 3 people bitch, and because those were the ONLY ones he heard, he's "assuming" that that's how EVERYONE feels. If you live there, then you and OTHERS who WANT the place there, MUST get in his face and tell him he's full of it. And the city council. Otherwise, nothing will change.

PoorSvtman
05-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Whats funny is that theres a place on the other side of the higway called mulligans. Small little place. I have 'heard' that theres some half nakid laides up there all the time, thats all im gonna give away at this time. But the place is packed on fri/sat nights.

99WhiteBeast
05-23-2004, 10:55 PM
I live in this neighborhood- so there goes the decency. Enough said