PDA

View Full Version : L fest Detailing

jcblack
05-12-2004, 06:31 PM
I know that this is a little early, but I like to plan things out so that I dont have to run around at the last minute. I called a Detail Shop in Dallas, around Hillcrest, to get a price on buffing my truck. The name of the shop is Prime Time Detail. I talked to one of the employees there and he promised me a showroom finish. They said that they would charge me $150 to remove swirls and polish it out. I asked them if I got about ten trucks, how much would they charge per truck. He told me $100 bucks. If you know anything about waxing, then you know that by buffing you always get a better result, but you have to be careful not to burn your paint. I just want to get a feel for whoever might want to do this right before L fest. Let me know if anyone would be down. He was fully aware about my truck being Black and that I was really picky. I know that I can count on Jeff and Steve.

Alpine
05-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm in......:cool:

True Blue Aggie
05-12-2004, 07:54 PM
I am most definitely interested.

Tex Arcana
05-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Y'all know anyone that can take out minor little dents and do some paint touchups, for a reasonable price? :(

sonicbluetommy
05-12-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm in! Actually would like to do it sooner, ran thru something I cant get off the front end, its not paint but tar remover barely helped. Where is the place?

FRDRCING
05-12-2004, 11:09 PM
What is the name of the place would like to give them a call to see if they can get some stuff off of my truck, It looks to be that road marking paint and have tried all kinds of stuff to take it off but they say 3m Adhisive removal but can't find it anywere.PoorSvtman said he could get me a can for 20 bucks but never got back with me on getting it.

Alpine
05-12-2004, 11:14 PM
What is the name of the place would like to give them a call to see if they can get some stuff off of my truck, It looks to be that road marking paint and have tried all kinds of stuff to take it off but they say 3m Adhisive removal but can't find it anywere.PoorSvtman said he could get me a can for 20 bucks but never got back with me on getting it.JCblack has 3m adhesive remover in his garage. That stuff works awesome. I am sure he will let you use some, right Jake?

my2002lightning
05-12-2004, 11:28 PM
John/Tex,

Speak with Andrew Rodriguez for paint work here: http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4892&page=2

And speak with Michael Ashley for dent work here: http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4599

I've had very good experiences with both of them, as have other TALON members.

Hope it helps,

Ronald

Y'all know anyone that can take out minor little dents and do some paint touchups, for a reasonable price? :(

jcblack
05-13-2004, 11:03 PM
The name of the shop is Prime Time Auto Care. I have some 3M adhesive remover that will take anything off paint safely. My mom got some kind of silicone on her car and it took it right off. Let me know if you need to borrow some. I live in A-town.

PoorSvtman
05-13-2004, 11:11 PM
What is the name of the place would like to give them a call to see if they can get some stuff off of my truck, It looks to be that road marking paint and have tried all kinds of stuff to take it off but they say 3m Adhisive removal but can't find it anywere.PoorSvtman said he could get me a can for 20 bucks but never got back with me on getting it.

Sorry bro. It totaly sliped my mind. :hammer:

Gonzo
05-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Go here

www.autopia.org

Then under forums, check out Click & Brag and look at the work done by Scottwax. I think he did Dboat's truck a couple of years back and the finish was stunning. :bows :bows :bows

I believe Scottwax is in the Arlington area, but his business is mobile, so he could prolly go anywhere in the Metroplex area. You should be able to contact him through autopia PM, but you may need to register first (free)

FRDRCING
05-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I found a can at ace hardware and got most of the small spots off but the hevay area's won't come off so I am forced to get all new side skirts from ford :( but the good thing I hear they do come factory painted :). Just need to find out about a new front bumper and get it painted unless they come painted not sure will have to find out.

02BOLT
05-17-2004, 10:54 PM
I found a can at ace hardware and got most of the small spots off but the hevay area's won't come off so I am forced to get all new side skirts from ford :( but the good thing I hear they do come factory painted :). Just need to find out about a new front bumper and get it painted unless they come painted not sure will have to find out.
Speaking from experience, the new front bumper cover does NOT come painted.;)

Hope that helps,
Rob

FRDRCING
05-18-2004, 11:10 PM
called Payton Right Ford and he told me the bumper is $359 and not painted but can get the whole set of side pannels for $780 or can just buy the one side that I need and each pc. is around $70 each.