PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks

andy_cain
05-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Just wanted to take a minute and tell all of you that over the past two years, I have enjoyed both my time spent here and Lightning ownership more than I can possibly tell you.

It has been great to share the enthusiasm with other Lightning owners and watch each of these awesome trucks develop into what they are today.

I sincerely appreciate all of the people here (even you Dad – Rocks:nana2 ) for all the fun.

I don’t see a Lightning in my near future, but I am an impulse person anyway; so ya never can tell about my Unsane arse!:confused:

Having said that, I hope that the friendships made here will remain in tact, regardless of the vehicle I drive. For me, it is simply time for a “new project”.

Maybe I will just be one of those annoying people who doesn’t actually own a Lightning but yet wants to still be “part of the family”.

I do plan on running in a lot of the same circles moving forward.. so I am sure to see most of you either at car shows or Ennis or Hallsville. (Yes, believe it or not, with a factory warranty, I am more likely to race the new project than I did my “L”).

Sincerely, Thanks again all!:beer:

Hope I can still stop by the monthly meetings and have a “fish bowl Rita” with ya.

Doug: Hope I still get invited to go to the weekend lake Marti’gra’s (sp?)? … Uhhh, I mean boat trips! Occasional weekends of that are well worth the measly membership fee’s!:tu:

Thanks again all!

WA 2 FST
05-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Wayne,

I haven't been on this board much, but we've known each other for a few years now...neighbor. :)

I was glad to offer my small amount of help at times, and hey, at least that spare tire on my '99 saw an 11-sec pass. :rll:

I _totally_ understand about needing a "new project" and something different to keep the wheels turnin'. People said I was absolutely NUTS for selling my '90 Mustang that I'd owned for 12 years and put tons of blood, sweat, and $$ into. But the fact is, I wasn't enjoying it as much, so I moved on...to bigger and better things (even if the Z06 doesn't quite make as much power).

So, since I must've missed the other post... what are you driving now? I know you have the LT4 Vette. What else to replace the L?

andy_cain
05-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Obviously, I am not "brand loyal":rll:

2002 Viper RT-10

WA 2 FST
05-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Beautiful car, Wayne!! You'll have a blast with that thing. :D

Brand loyal? Anyone who is an auto enthusiast isn't blind enough to be 100% brand loyal. You pick whatever vehicle is the best for you that you can afford. Opinions may differ on what that is, but getting stuck with whatever a particular brand offers stinks.

Does Ford have _anything_ that can compete with that beauty that is actually in production now? Of course not. Nothing is close. And the new Ford GT will be $150-200k for sure. What a bargain.:rolleyes:
Have fun and let us know how you mod that beast.

Logan
05-14-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm annoying? Hmmm...:eek2:

Sixpipes
05-14-2004, 03:13 PM
It's been fun Wayne. Hope to see you around. :cool:

I'm annoying? Hmmm...:eek2:I'm sure Wayne was talking about the other annoying people that don't own Lightnings................................whoever they are. Don't get all sensitive and $hit on us. It would ruin that rugged Canadian "take-off-eh" image you've worked so hard to create. :evil

Crawford
05-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Wayne,

Glad to have you in the club. It has been a fun journey I must admit. Nothing wrong in my book with moving on. Most of the people in TALON will probably not own a Lightning for the rest of their lives (except for Dennis who is trying to die with the MOST Lightnings). Look forward to seeing you again in the Viper man!

03LightningRocks
05-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I think Wayne may have been just rambling on, to keep his tears in check. Actually, there are L owners here that annoy me more than the non L owners here:rolleyes: .....J/K Ronald:eek: .

That is one very cool car Wayner:cool: . Now ya need to get single again and your life will be complete:D .

Rocks:beer:

my2002lightning
05-16-2004, 02:35 AM
Uncle Rocks,
I couldn't agree with you more! Certain L owners can be very annoying. :hammer: :d

Unsane Wayne,
VERY nice looking Viper! :bows Look fwd. to seeing it in person! knana

When it comes down to it... Fast is fast.

Ronald

I think Wayne may have been just rambling on, to keep his tears in check. Actually, there are L owners here that annoy me more than the non L owners here:rolleyes: .....J/K Ronald:eek: .

That is one very cool car Wayner:cool: . Now ya need to get single again and your life will be complete:D .

Rocks:beer:

Silver_2000
05-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Wayne

Since TALON began we have tolerated anyone as long as they tolerated US.

Whether or nor you own a lightning is not critical - It is critical that you can put up with lots of talk about lightnings though....

As far as the weekends on the boat - You are welcome anytime...

Doug
PS - here is teaser of from last weekend.. These 2 ended up being the stars...The guy sittting down ended up wearing the black and white bikini at one point

StormShadow
05-16-2004, 09:37 AM
:eek: ....

PoorSvtman
05-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Is that Lake lewisville (sp?) I havent been out there in a long time.

andy_cain
05-16-2004, 11:27 AM
So I guess he literally, “got into her shorts” (figuratively speaking) :rll:

Is the Anchor chief :hammer: still overseeing the weekend events?

Ronald: I am not “INSANE, I am “UNSANE”

Insane people wear strait jackets while Unsane people spend $27K on a vehicle and $20 to $30K more on mods to drive it less than 3000 miles a year… to then basically “give it away” just to start a new “wild hair” type project:evil

Insane people often times unaware of their behavior, Unsane “Folk” just plain don’t give a **** ! :D Their behavior is more guided by what could be considered “childish thinking”.

Example:

Why did you do that?

Typical Insane answer might be: “do what?”, or even in some clinical cases, “I don’t know”.

In sharp contrast, the Unsane answer is almost certain to be one of three answers (in over 92% of patients):

1) Because I wanted to!

2) Because I could!

3) I just F-ing’ did !

In some cases, the Unsane have actually used all three answers.:eek:

Now that this is clear this is cleared up, please be sensitive to not using them interchangeably:rll: :rll:

r1eater
05-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Wayne,

It was nice meeting you and I'm honored to have been able to pick up your old truck. It truly is a very nice truck. My original thoughts were to use it as a daily driver, but after having seen it well... I just can't see myself doing that. SO once again it as it was with you, it will be garage kept and babied like hell. Its basically gonna be a weekend vehicle. Guess my 377HP 408TQ 12.0 sec AUdi S4 will continue to be my primary vehicle. Best of luck with your new project and rest assured the "Bitch" ;) is in good hands.. <private joke> :tu:

dboat
05-16-2004, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=r1eater]Wayne,

It was nice meeting you and I'm honored to have been able to pick up your old truck. It truly is a very nice truck.

Very Nice? Thats and understatement if I ever heard one.... :evil

Geesh, that has to be the best '99 there is. You are one lucky mofo...

Good luck, I should have bought it myself.
Dana

my2002lightning
05-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Unsane Wayne,

My apologies. :D Given that, you are indeed "UNSANE" ! :tu:

Edit made to previous post.:hammer:

Ronald

So I guess he literally, “got into her shorts” (figuratively speaking) :rll:

Is the Anchor chief :hammer: still overseeing the weekend events?

Ronald: I am not “INSANE, I am “UNSANE”

Insane people wear strait jackets while Unsane people spend $27K on a vehicle and $20 to $30K more on mods to drive it less than 3000 miles a year… to then basically “give it away” just to start a new “wild hair” type project:evil

Insane people often times unaware of their behavior, Unsane “Folk” just plain don’t give a **** ! :D Their behavior is more guided by what could be considered “childish thinking”.

Example:

Why did you do that?

Typical Insane answer might be: “do what?”, or even in some clinical cases, “I don’t know”.

In sharp contrast, the Unsane answer is almost certain to be one of three answers (in over 92% of patients):

1) Because I wanted to!

2) Because I could!

3) I just F-ing’ did !

In some cases, the Unsane have actually used all three answers.:eek:

Now that this is clear this is cleared up, please be sensitive to not using them interchangeably:rll: :rll: